MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the briefest report on Elizabeth! Show's over! ARGGGG!

Reporter says there are 4 homes between Somers friends house where she was walking from, and her house (about 1400 feet total). Her family called police after 45 minutes of her not coming home. Cops were called at 6:56pm.

The family is saying she would never walk in the woods by herself, and she is terrified of the dark.

They are saying she sometimes would've walked behind the houses (through the backyards) to get to her house but never INTO the woods, according to the family.

The sheriff said they haven't found her, or the phone, and they searched those woods where the phone pinged from TWICE today.

I wonder if they have thought of using metal detectors. I don't know what it looks like in MO right now but in MI I have almost 2 inches of leaves that have fallen today with the wind and rain. Hard to find a phone under leaves.

My local station is supposed to be carrying this tonight. I'll update you all if there's anything new.

is LE trying to keep thid case low profile or what?

ya know what, this is going nowhere, LE needs to go back to the beginning from where she 1st went missing. If she were in the woods, how deep would she have to go to be "out of the way", there are other houses right on the other side of those woods. I'm just so upset that this is all they've got! The media really needs to step up to the plate too! They have a job to do and it's so important for the most info to come out right in the beginning. Days don't work! IMO

kmiz also said in that video I linked above that they will air the 7pm update (that "presser") on their nine pm newscast

i live about 60 miles from there and most small county police are probably not prepared for this situation. Missouri has fine highway patrol units all over the state with very competent people I wonder if the HP are invoved yet if not they need to be. I think Jefferson City is the Main headquarters for Troop I of the MSHP. Does anyone know if they are helping out?

It's been over 24 hours now... Not looking good IMO. I sure hope I am wrong! I will be praying for you tonight Elizabeth.

Just got on this thread and trying to catch up backwards....just a quick question. I know TM was in FL looking for Somer, but now that she has been found (sadly not alive) does anyone know if TM has been asked to come in and help find this little angel?

same goes for me mtrooper. I cannot believe there has been no other coverage of her case tonight. I hope tomorrow will change that... or better yet.. I hope she is found before that!
g'nite all!

On another thread, I read that TM, TES, is going tomorrow to OK, where there is a missing family. It has been two weeks since they were seen.

But OK is not that from far from MO, maybe he will go. Post on his website.

Per 10 o'clock news KMIZ.com

Search is over for tonight.
They searched the grid twice including ponds and bodies of water in the search area and found nothing.
Search starts at 7:30 AM Friday

Just noticing this case and will look at all of the posts tomorrow, but does anyone know if trailing dogs were used, and if so, where did they go? I am assuming that if used, they started out at Elizabeth's friends home where she left from. Where did they go to / what did they do?

i live about 60 miles from there and most small county police are probably not prepared for this situation. Missouri has fine highway patrol units all over the state with very competent people I wonder if the HP are invoved yet if not they need to be. I think Jefferson City is the Main headquarters for Troop I of the MSHP. Does anyone know if they are helping out?

MHP has been involved from the beginning. Helicopters, Flir, thermal imaging units brought in for the woods search. MHP will also have a copter in the air tomorrow. Today wasn't a good day for copters.

FBI also arrived this AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member