MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-elizabeth-olten-missing-girl-thurs-102309,0,77198.story
at the end of this video they say that the violent crime unit from the MO highway patrol has been activated (I know someone earlier in this thread asked if MHP had been activated)

Also, what I find interesting... in the video one of the LE said that they know the same people drive the same routes every day and may have seen something.... And I just about screamed, "DUH DUDE!" And wonder how LE can say a thing like that but not be involving any and all media that they can and getting this out there front and center.

Also, in my mind that highway 50 that has an exit right near this location still continues to worry me. She could be out of the area... ya know? Issue the amber alert already!

Elizabeth's dad, Dale Olten Sr., is currently serving time in prison. Vicki told reporters she doesn't think Dale's criminal past has any connection with Elizabeth's disappearance, something confirmed by Cole County Sheriff Greg White.

"She's the apple of his eye," Vicki said. "It was just so hard for me to hear him crying on the phone and tell me 'Please find my baby.'"

Although White and other authorities continue to believe there was no foul play involved in Elizabeth's disappearance, Vicki told reporters she believes someone "grabbed her."

"She's a tomboy," Vicki said. "She's outgoing, but she knows not to talk to strangers."

Vicki thanked the volunteers for coming out, but said more should be done to train them so they can stay out longer and there should be a change to the Amber Alert system so a case like Elizabeth's can be put out on it.

White and other authorities have said they have no documented evidence that would show this was an abduction and therefore this case, for now, doesn't reach the Amber level.

Thursday night, the Missouri Highway Patrol conducted a road block on Route D near where Elizabeth was last seen. They stopped all cars going along that stretch between 5:30 and 7 p.m., the time frame in which Elizabeth was last seen.
http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/23/breaking_news/doc4ae10c83ef680093862382.txt

If they don't think she was abducted, and haven't found her wandering around locally in two days, and don't suspect foul play.....WHERE do they think she IS??

I keep looking at the google map of the route she walked. There are five houses on the west, all with big front yards so she wouldn't have to walk near the road. It's supper time when she's walking, not yet dark. If she had trouble along the way, seems she could run up to one of the houses to seek help. No one heard a thing. I can't see her taking a ride as her home just a four houses away. It's as if she just disappeared. This is a small town where everybody knows everybody.

This is ALL we have to go on this morning? What in the world is LE doing?!

Has anyone checked the RSO's for that area and do we know if Law Enforcement checked on their whereabouts or questioned them?

If they don't think she was abducted, and haven't found her wandering around locally in two days, and don't suspect foul play.....WHERE do they think she IS??

Good Question! Alien abduction, perhaps? That is the only other option I can think of and it certainly seems like the most unlikely.

It sounds like the local LE wasn't very well prepared to deal with something like this but I am sure they are doing the best they can. However, I am glad to here the MO Hwy Patrol has been contacted.

elle,
They said (in the video link I posted above) that they are interviewing them.

Thank you, I searched for offenders around Jefferson City, MO and it comes up with 136 offenders and 21 non-mappable offenders, what does non- mappable mean?

It's going to get so cold here tonight. :(

We have a frost warning.

I really dont understand this! She is 9 yrs old, she is missing, they dont need searchers, they wont issue an amber alert. I know that they are looking but the urgency just does not seem to be there. She is a child why is this different than any other missing child. I lived in that area for awhile and I know they are not as savy as some towns but good lord!

Just catching up...I see there's not been a lot of progress.

Seems like this board is doing more theorizing than LE! It always makes me sad that LE moves so slow sometimes, trying to follow procedure etc. I can understand if you have a crime scene and dont want contamination or doing it by the book for potential court case...but you having a missing 9 YR OLD. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. Forget the rules of an Amber Alert, just issue it. Accept every volunteer you can get. Doesn't mean they need to trapse around the woods....send them down the highway with missing posters! Put together an internet task force that gets info out to childrens groups, on message boards like this etc.

I always think there are so many more avenues that could be utilized quickly and efficiently from concerned citizens and their efforts are often hampered by LE procedural practices.

I can't believe there isn't anything new & I am FLOORED that they still haven't issued an Amber Alert! My local news carried this story last night at 10pm...well, "carried" might be too strong a term. They basically re-hashed everything we knew from EARLIER yesterday. They didn't use the updated description of what she was wearing & they didn't show the new picture! I was so mad!! I hate saying this but I really think LE has bungled this case up from the beginning. JMO

Ita Robyn623. I drove there yesterday, its only an hour drive so I thought I would help. After I arrived I was told by an officer that they didnt need anymore searchers. I asked if there was anything that I could do and was told to go back to the city. The man wasnt mean about it as a matter of fact he looked very sad, but if this were my child I would be screaming from the rooftops and would haul anyone else up there that cared to help!

Ita Robyn623. I drove there yesterday, its only an hour drive so I thought I would help. After I arrived I was told by an officer that they didnt need anymore searchers. I asked if there was anything that I could do and was told to go back to the city. The man wasnt mean about it as a matter of fact he looked very sad, but if this were my child I would be screaming from the rooftops and would haul anyone else up there that cared to help!
Seems like the FBI would be giving them some useful tips on how to conduct a search?

I cannot imagine them turning away help - what in the world are they doing to find this little girl?! I wonder if they know something they aren't saying.

Thank you for your efforts to try to help find this child.

Wasn't Mark Klaas supposed to be going to offer his help to LE? Do we know anything more about that? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly