MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would juvenile be defined as 'under 18' or 'under 21' ? Does this vary by state like drinking laws do?

Prayers for young Elizabeth and her family and the community. This is better than never knowing.

I feel so sick about this....another little angel has gone home too soon. Prayers for the family.

great. just great. when will this killing stuff end? so sorry this had to happen to you elizabeth but sure glad that you have been found...

Would juvenile be defined as 'under 18' or 'under 21' ? Does this vary by state like drinking laws do?

Prayers for young Elizabeth and her family and the community. This is better than never knowing.

A juvenile is defined as under 18 I believe.

I heard on the radio this morning there was a dog from Angola(sp) prison in Jeff City and one from Boone County Sheriff Task Force One. Task Force one dogs were also used in NYC after 9/11 to search for survivors.

Hope that helps

Yes ... it does. Thanks.

<snip>

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 3:38 p.m.

ST. MARTINS, MO. -- Police found the body of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten who went missing Wednesday night.

The body was found miles near her home.

A written note by an unidentified person led police to a older teen. That person led the police to Elizabeth's body.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367062

Did I read correctly that they were led to this person due to written evidence as well? Since they didn't find a cell phone at this point i'm going to say it wasn't texting, maybe she kept a diary or something.

NEVER MIND, I READ IT WRONG. UGH

If you were on the side of the road then it wouldn't make it very far into the woods.

If it is "deep" in the woods as several articles have stated, someone would have had to walk back there.

Bittersweet road doesn't go anywhere anyway.... so I doubt that someone tossed it out as they were driving by.

There are a couple of large ponds and a handful of small ponds back there as well. Those probably need to be drained.

A much quicker, cheaper, as far LESS work would be to use a dog to confirm or negate her scent being in the water.

The photo they are showing of her appears to be taken by a webcam-has anyone looked to see if she had a MySpace account? Could she have been communicating with an older child?

And to think that LE was saying they didn't think foul play was involved. RIP little elizabeth. at least there will be justice.

I really don't think I can handle another week like this one. My prayers go to Elizabeth's and Somer's families. A big thanks to all who volunteered in both cases.
Our innocent children need to be protected.

<snip>

Through physical evidence and some written evidence, officials said at a 3 p.m. news briefing, they determined a person of interest.

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/23/news_local/069local02bodyfound09.txt

I wonder if this was someone obsessed with her?

I read that LE had received her phone records from ATT.
They also said that they didn’t think it was an abduction.
I wonder if it was someone she was texting and she asked them to come pick her up?

The photo they are showing of her appears to be taken by a webcam-has anyone looked to see if she had a MySpace account? Could she have been communicating with an older child?

could the pic have been taken by a cell phone as well?

White would not give any details about the person of interest except to say the individul lived in the area west of Jefferson City and was older than Elizabeth.

so area west of Jefferson City is that her neighborhood or somewhere else?

Yes, St Martins is just west of JC. I live between JC & St Martins

Now I feel bad about criticizing LE so much. Maybe from the beginning they thought it wasn't an "abduction" but she went willingly with this teen - or was lured. If they had an idea (based on evidence) of who was involved, it makes sense that they didn't want to issue an Amber Alert and have people search all over. So sad, poor baby.

Another tragic loss. I am glad that she was found more quickly than other children and adults that are still missing. Little Elizabeth needed to be taken 'home' and her family needed to have her 'home'. God bless this little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper