MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you link me to it? I haven't seen it yet.

Will probably be awhile before I can watch it. Need to attempt to get somewhat caught up at work, and I have a class for a couple of hours this morning as well.

Take a look at PastorJerry's post up a couple from my comment.

Yeah, I'm in a "class" right now.......booooooooring. :crazy:

I have not been around much.. but have followed this story since the start and now I'm trying to catch up. I seen today on my local news .. the ticker across the bottom of the screen said that AB told LE that she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. Has anyone heard that?

No, I did not see that girl at the courthouse. Don't know where she would have been.

At the 1pm hearing they did show the entire audience in the upstairs courtroom and I didn't see her in there either.

She could have been in the third floor courtroom at the 8am hearing, but she was not at the 1pm hearing.

Never saw her outside the courthouse..... and I was there from midnight the night before. (dumb!)

She is wearing a pink T-shirt about the same color as the ones that Patty and friends were wearing. Was it an Elizabeth shirt?

I only saw a few seconds of the video (where she held up the phone). Didn't listen to the audio (will later).

I'm off to class now....

I have not been around much.. but have followed this story since the start and now I'm trying to catch up. I seen today on my local news .. the ticker across the bottom of the screen said that AB told LE that she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. Has anyone heard that?

That is what the MSHP investigator (Rice) testified to at the hearing yesterday.

Sorry if this is a repeat.
http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=51273517001#/News/Alyssa+Bustamante+to+be+tried+as+an+adult/48541678001/48355648001/51273517001

Look familiar? This news report claims that this friend new that she wanted to kill someone!

Well, the friend certainly does look familiar doesn't she? Same last name as well. If I were here father, I would keep her as far away from this as possible. I certainly would not let her stay out of school and bring her to the court house. But, that's just me.....

The friend has changed her myspace again, this time using her real name. What is wrong with this girls parents?

Sorry if this is a repeat.
http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=51273517001#/News/Alyssa+Bustamante+to+be+tried+as+an+adult/48541678001/48355648001/51273517001

Look familiar? This news report claims that this friend new that she wanted to kill someone!

Unbelievable. Not only does the "friend's" father allow her to look the way she does, and take off school for the hearing, he seems quite calm when he says his daughter KNEW Alyssa Bustamante wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. If one friend knew the killer had that desire, I wonder how many others knew? Also, I think that would be the kind of comment a kid would report to a parent. What is going on here?

The friend has changed her myspace again, this time using her real name. What is wrong with this girls parents?

wow, if this case had done NOTHING else you would think it would cause area parents to check out their kids myspace facebook twitter accounts in addition to finding out exactly who their kids friends are. Just wow.

Unbelievable. Not only does the "friend's" father allow her to look the way she does, and take off school for the hearing

I let my daughter take off school for the hearing.

Honestly, she doesn't learn *that much* in a typical day in public school. I think she learned more yesterday at court.

She is currently also in a business and criminal law class, so I don't have a problem with her being in the courtroom.

Real life experience is the best teacher. We wanted to see a court proceeding first hand. (I had been to other court proceedings before, but nothing like this.) It was educational for both of us.

Honestly, she doesn't learn *that much* in a typical day in public school. I think she learned more yesterday at court.

She is currently also in a business and criminal law class, so I don't have a problem with her being in the courtroom.

Real life experience is the best teacher. We wanted to see a court proceeding first hand. (I had been to other court proceedings before, but nothing like this.) It was educational for both of us.

I agree with the decision to allow a classmate to attend the hearing. It makes the consequences of the tragedy more "real" to them, and a peak into court proceedings is extremely educational. It lets the children see and hear firsthand the person who they thought that they knew so well.

When I was in high school, my dad took me for one day of the poisoning trial of Dr. Michael Swango in Quincy, IL, which was another case of a seemingly normal person in a small town who was quite a different person on the inside. That was probably the beginning of my passion for true crime and justice.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

A Look into Alyssa Bustamante's Past
ABC 17 News interviews friends, hears court testimony and uncovers social networking sites showing past.
Posted by Brynn Gingras on Wed Nov 18, 2009
Last updated 11 hrs ago

It took less than two hours to certify Alyssa Bustamante as an adult in the case, the events of her life in the last two decades may have shaped her into what prosecutors now call a cold-blooded killer.

Shortly after Elizabeth's body was found last month, several of our sources pointed the finger at Alyssa.

Since that time, ABC 17 News has been looking into Bustamante's background and talking to people who know her.

Much of what we found came out in court during the certification hearing Wednesday and may provide the basis of the case against Alyssa.

We talked to one of Alyssa's best friends Kimberly Saunders.

"When I first met Alyssa I've got pictures of her in blue jeans, bright shirts, and happy and smiling. Now the pictures I see are gloomy, dark and upset," says Saunders.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/story.php?id=15503

Ynotdivein- Sounds like you have some professional experience with cutters. I've heard that "just want to feel something", too, but I'm wondering what keeps them cutting? What do they feel? What is the "reward", so to speak?

I was never a habitual cutter. But twice I took the tip of a knife and scratched my arm. (Yes, not my proudest moment.)

It's weird to explain why I did it because now I just feel so stupid about it. But I will see if I can explain how I was feeling when I did it.

I will talk about the first time - when I was a teen. I can't even remember now what first set it off, but I had been battling depression. Up until that point, I had not talked to anyone about it and was not getting help. I just remember bringing a knife in to the bathroom with me and just sitting there. I sat and sat and felt numb. I was feeling very low and it just spiraled down and down. Eventually I felt as if I were dreaming - like nothing mattered, that I was alone. Those feelings just rush over you so fast and so powerfully, you can't reason with those feelings and realize you are spiraling out of control.

So I just started scratching the heck out of my arm and it felt good for some reason. I don't know why. I think because it was the only thing I was feeling while I sat there feeling numb.

Grant it, I was never a chronic cutter and I did only do it twice. I went to my mom after the first time and told her I needed help and I got what I needed. But based on what I experienced, I have no idea how that can escalate into hurting someone else. When I was in that frame of mind, I only wanted to hurt myself. I'm not sure how you go from that to killing someone. To me, the point was making myself hurt physically. I don't see how it would have felt better to hurt someone else.

Sorry for the long post - and I'm not a doctor. Just wanted to give some insight into what goes through someone's head when they do that.

I guess that is true, Jodibug. I meant no offense. I was specifically talking about this girl, who seems to be a bit high risk to me.

People are asking whats wrong with the dad....

Did ya'll look at dad? My guess is METH is what is wrong with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay