MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
newmommy I was going to say the same thing about "Twilight" ... where does that play in, so don't get it, lol.

Oh well, sometimes we have to agree to disagree ... as long as we are all trying to get justice for little Elizabeth then that is all that matters! I can't sleuth like you all can so again I say thank you and great job!

ITA. I don't care if AB dressed like Holly Hobby - it would make her no less evil.

I wonder what she's wearing now...

And I agree... But for anyone to base her personality, thought patterns or any of her make up on how she chose to dress is in effect saying she did this because she dressed a certain way....that lifestyle made her that way...

That lifestyle may have been a contributing factor...but it was what was inside AB that made her do this...not what was on the outside... JMO

There are thousands of people who dress in some alternative fashion each and every day and are law abiding citizens (doesn't matter what their age)

Then you have the Ted Bundy's of the world...the Craig's list killer...etc., etc. Normal looking every day people who dress "acceptable" to society who kill, rape and rob every day...

There are thousands of people who dress in some alternative fashion each and every day and are law abiding citizens (doesn't matter what their age)

Then you have the Ted Bundy's of the world...the Craig's list killer...etc., etc. Normal looking every day people who dress "acceptable" to society who kill, rape and rob every day...

and this is what I was trying to say!!!!

Lillyanne said she is 15. After she meets Tricia, I hope she returns. Let's all remember she is a young lady with a lot to sort out. Let's give her the help she needs. :blowkiss:

I could not agree more....

On the Elton John comment. ROFLMAO! Too Too funny

I think I first brought up Twilight - I didn't mean to group it with anything. Some of ABs friends' had "Forks, Washington" as their location on their myspace profile, and I thought it meant they were from Washington state (and therefore they either didn't know AB in person or AB used to live somewhere else). Then someone told me no that's the setting of the Twilight books.

I've never read the books, but I don't think it means anything - my officemate rescheduled a deposition so she could get tickets to the first showing when the first movie came out. And she's about as square as a person can get. :)

I think I first brought up Twilight - I didn't mean to group it with anything. Some of ABs friends' had "Forks, Washington" as their location on their myspace profile, and I thought it meant they were from Washington state (and therefore they either didn't know AB in person or AB used to live somewhere else). Then someone told me no that's the setting of the Twilight books.

I've never read the books, but I don't think it means anything - my officemate rescheduled a deposition so she could get tickets to the first showing when the first movie came out. And she's about as square as a person can get. :)

I think you sparked a lively conversation. It was interesting to me! Thanks!

Yes...I know what you mean. Didn't the perps in the Columbine killings also relate to the goth lifestyle? I know a lot of the kids are dressing like this just to be cool, but some of them are taking it to the extreme..and the extreme of this is pure evil.

Just FYI:
Dylan and Eric dressed industrial in trench coats and KMFDM t-shirts. Not goth but more para-military, anti-social industrial music.
Both genres like to wear black clothes but are different. Sometimes club events will lump them together though.

Ha, I just looked through her friend's myspace pictures. She should have reminded her friends not to post "AB...why u do it?" underneath pictures of her... Come on. Is there something in the water out there that these kids don't have any common sense?

Everyone keeps on saying that there is no new information, and not to post rumors. However, people don't realize that the only known facts about the possible POI is that they are female, 15 y/o, and elizabeth knew who they were. Given the shear number of children in that household and their varying ages, that only leaves about 600 suspects that could be the POI. I know the rumors that are flying around that high-school and around the local area. But you say not to post rumors, when that is all that is coming from this thread, a bunch of gossip and theories.

I'm not saying AB isn't the POI, there is that possibility, but no-one knows that it is her, and if they do "know" for a fact I would like to know the "credible" person they got their info from.

I agree. I have family and friends that are into the Goth style, and a couple into the Emo style. They are mostly great people. However, I do think many of these kids get their taste for these styles due to emotional things that they are going through. Sometimes life starts looking dark to them and they surround themselves with dark things. That's not to say that they are all killers, or monsters waiting to emerge. I had a bit of an alternative style going on in my late teenage years myself. I was going through a lot of depression and suicidal thoughts, as well as cutting. It's not something I'm proud of, but I AM proud that I made it through and worked through many of my issues to be able to be here today, a much happier person.
I think that labeling these teens/people by how they dress, or their lifestyle, is really not going to get anyone anywhere. Many of them are just doing what they think is cool, or in. But yes, speaking from my own experience, I DO think many of them have issues and problems that perhaps make them feel hopeless, or invisible, and that draws them to these things.

agreed. Some teens get into alternative lifestyles because it's a perfect time to do so. It's much harder to have blue hair at 40 and keep a corporate job.
:)
But, yes some are drawn towards it because the lyrics can be dark even violent.
Basically, if she did murder Elizabeth she is obviously has mental issues or is a classic sociopath and will become a dangerous adult.

ShadowNose!

2sgn054groupwelcome.gif

I'm so confused. I looked at the myspace of a friend of AB's - that says "AB I love you, we were supposed to hang out when this happened, you are in my prayers."

... all of these girls are from Washington? How do they know AB?

My guess is that they are minors and listed false locations. Forks, WA is the setting of the Twilight books. That seem like a romantic or alluring, mysterious location to a teen fan. IMOO.

Ha, I just looked through her friend's myspace pictures. She should have reminded her friends not to post "AB...why u do it?" underneath pictures of her... Come on. Is there something in the water out there that these kids don't have any common sense?

Keep looking, look at that friends, friends comments, there are more as of this afternoon.

Are pms not working today,I sent a pm reply to a question and it's not showing in my sent messages.
Anyway,from looking at alot of kids ms,it's just a mix of all of it.I guess Twilight just plays in with the vampire sucking blood death thing.

Also, lets not blame this on the gothic/emo/scene lifestyles. Remember the virginia tech shootings were blamed on video games within a few days, and Cho never even owned a video game, and Manson was blamed for columbine, when those kids didn't even listen to his music.

Remember the movie "Natural Born Killers"? Some people are just born without the morality lightbulb that turns on when they are about to kill someone.

Everyone keeps on saying that there is no new information, and not to post rumors. However, people don't realize that the only known facts about the possible POI is that they are female, 15 y/o, and elizabeth knew who they were. Given the shear number of children in that household and their varying ages, that only leaves about 600 suspects that could be the POI. I know the rumors that are flying around that high-school and around the local area. But you say not to post rumors, when that is all that is coming from this thread, a bunch of gossip and theories.

I'm not saying AB isn't the POI, there is that possibility, but no-one knows that it is her, and if they do "know" for a fact I would like to know the "credible" person they got their info from.

I think a lot of locals are posting comments on the news story sites and they believe they know who it is because she is not at school???

Are pms not working today,I sent a pm reply to a question and it's not showing in my sent messages.
Anyway,from looking at alot of kids ms,it's just a mix of all of it.I guess Twilight just plays in with the vampire sucking blood death thing.

I can see why Twilight was brought up in the since that that may be the reasoning behind some of the locations on MS but to say that series is about sucking blood and death is a faaaaaar cry from what it is actually about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay