MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the alleged perp's history, the premeditation and the heinous manner ---- I'd be willing to bet my boots it will be life with dual jurisdiction. As someone else posted, she will go to a special facility (not STU) and then be transfered when she ages out.

How are you guys interpreting the bolded part above?

That it is standard procedure and the inmate will not be allowed to go home-it is just like an adult having a bond hearing and for first degree murder there would be no bond-look at C. Anthony.

Its just technicalities. In adult cases as well, they have to determine if there is enough evidence for the charge to bind them over for trial. Its almost always a rubber stamp.

This really doesn't matter I don't guess but it caught me off gaurd because of how odd I found it ... The teacher that recently committed suicide has the last name Currier right? Well in the Somer Thompson case, the boyfriend of Somer's mom has that same last name and spelling. It is a pretty unique last name IMO and I thought it was odd that they both pop up on such horrible cases. Not saying the are connected, just thought it was wierd!! GREAT SLEUTHING BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know!! I caught that too.

I was more interested with the sentence that stated the hearings might be open to the public. As in, the press.

Doubt that will happen though. Probably just some reporter speculating (hoping).

Because of the alleged perp's history, the premeditation and the heinous manner ---- I'd be willing to bet my boots it will be life with dual jurisdiction. As someone else posted, she will go to a special facility (not STU) and then be transfered when she ages out.

What history? We saw about her parents, but has she been in trouble with the law before? Or just the bully rumors? Any info you feel comfortable sharing would be great. Thanks!

Someone was discussing wanting a change of venue bc of the prosecutor, but I don't think a change of venue changes the prosecutor, just the jury pool. They can even bring jurors in from another county and try it in the courtroom here. That is if it actually goes to trial. Sounds like there is enough evidence, she will just have to enter a guilty plea. Maybe changing life in prison to 60 yrs or some other random number of years.

For some reason the fact LE may have known from the get-go AB was responsible chills me to bone.Theres rumors she is from a troubled background & a known bully.........I wonder if this was a "incident waiting to happen" with this girl & sadly if it couldve been prevented.

I don't think anyone expected anything this horrendous - but when you have a small time frame, a small area, limited suspects/possibilities and the kids who last saw her alive??? An experienced LE professional is going to zero in fast - especially on an older youth with a troubled history.

Jefferson City is the state capital, so its also LE headquarters for many LE organizations. All the top investigators in what some may call the state police (its called the Missouri State Highway Patrol in MO) are there. I'm guessing a few of them knew who the perp was the first time they were around her.

One investigative tool they will often use is to ask a family member something like, "out of all the neighbors you know, the teenagers around, etc., is there anyone that might have hurt ______ , knocked her out in the woods, ...?" Unless their instincts are totally off-line, you would be surprised how many people can name the perp spot-on. I'm guessing this perp may have raised a few antenna with people in the past - that little voice in the back of your mind that it is someone to watch.

I have no doubt in my mind that there were professionals there who knew in the first hour of being there.

All the legal terms go right over my head. I was just saying that in my opinion, the conference seems to be something different than the change of counsel since the conference was scheduled first.

You are right, it is something different from the change of counsel.

I think it is horrible this 15 yr old has a right to be protected....after she took that right away from someone else. Her name should be out there.

How very interesting that the hearing tomorrow could be open to the public. I have already taken vacation for tomorrow to go to the funeral. Just might have to go by Prenger in the morning. I'll be in the neighborhood anyway.

I think it is horrible this 15 yr old has a right to be protected....after she took that right away from someone else. Her name should be out there.

Trust me, there is no one left in Jefferson City or Saint Martins who doesn't know her name.

Visitation is tonight 4-8pm and its open to the public. IIRC

By tomorrow, it just might be "officially" out there. Until then, the teen is protected by the law.

Trust me, there is no one left in Jefferson City or Saint Martins who doesn't know her name.

Frankly I can't believe there isn't more online chatter from the teenagers. It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay