MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
nursebeeme: I am getting accustomed to the etiquite, I understand your point.
Your Mom: Look up the law. I have worked in the industry (webhosting) and Tricia is 100% correct and obviously more educated on the topic.

Your Mom: Look up the law. I have worked in the industry (webhosting) and Tricia is 100% correct and obviously more educated on the topic.

Welcome Bigflaw and thank you. Your Mom's butt has been kicked to the curb. Now she can go gossip with her other buddies and leave us alone to do the good things we want to do.

Bigflaw, I have to admit your post made me feel so good. It is very nice when someone I don't know backs me up. It helps a lot on days like today.

thanks bigflaw... I just am to the point where I don't even want to hear what they are saying 'over there'... I don't go and look... and I don't even like to think of it.. I could say more but than I would be no better than them. Thanks for understanding my point

WOW!
As if the circumstances of the case are not bizarre and pitiful enough

I am not from the area, but have followed the case from the start . . Just a few observations

This is probably a good lesson to those of us who are regulars at WS to remember that once there is a missing child or murder situation, lots of locals come on to the scene, some for information, some out of curiosity and some to contribute to the situation at large. Unfortunately, often, some of these "visitors" may be very young,immature and certainly very vulnerable if they have lost someone close to them.

This is a lot to handle, even for adults, and in this case, there are just so many young people, families and victims, because of the actions of one who is obviously seriously mentally ill.

This area seems to have it's share of drugs,crime, juvenile truancy and behavior problems, mixed with law enforcement & community news organizations who have closed ranks and not made even basic facts & information available, causing more anxiety and hysteria in Jefferson City and on the Internet.

For me the lessons are that being cautious and careful about speculation is probably wise, considering that the young & teens are so computer savvy, & now have this information and so much more available to them on the Internet. Keeping names & even initials of people off the pages of these forums, so as to not cause more trauma & pain to those families and friends involved.

And that local folks can come together in their community, schools and church organizations to try and help each other in ways of support and psychological counseling to prevent any further problems. JMO
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved here.

I talked to him. The number I have for him is in MO. He sounded totally legit. Young, he said he was 22. He started talking about how he knew them through church.

The reason I felt he was legit is he wasn't a woman, he sounded like he was 22, and why would a 22 year old pull this crap on this case.

If he is a fake then he has caused my business harm by using Websleuths to try and make us look bad and therefore cause my website harm.

This is no joke. This isn't something you can do anymore and get away with it.

This time, with the info I have for him, I can find him and deal with him legally.

This is a good lesson. I can only do so much to truly know who someone is.

My apologies everyone for letting this person on.

In case he is really legit and is worried about being found out like someone said, well, he is found out. I have his real name. Or what I thought was his real name.

We'll see.

Tricia,

Don't :banghead:.
I think most of us WS'ers are extremely appreciative of what you do for us and for the community. And I think most of us understand that for you to confirm someone's identity would be difficult and not foolproof. If you pursue anything against this person for harm he has caused to WS, I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor.

NewMommy09

WOW!
As if the circumstances of the case are not bizarre and pitiful enough

I am not from the area, but have followed the case from the start . . Just a few observations

This is probably a good lesson to those of us who are regulars at WS to remember that once there is a missing child or murder situation, lots of locals come on to the scene, some for information, some out of curiosity and some to contribute to the situation at large. Unfortunately, often, some of these "visitors" may be very young,immature and certainly very vulnerable if they have lost someone close to them.

This is a lot to handle, even for adults, and in this case, there are just so many young people, families and victims, because of the actions of one who is obviously seriously mentally ill.

This area seems to have it's share of drugs,crime, juvenile truancy and behavior problems, mixed with law enforcement & community news organizations who have closed ranks and not made even basic facts & information available, causing more anxiety and hysteria in Jefferson City and on the Internet.

For me the lessons are that being cautious and careful about speculation is probably wise, considering that the young & teens are so computer savvy, & now have this information and so much more available to them on the Internet. Keeping names & even initials of people off the pages of these forums, so as to not cause more trauma & pain to those families and friends involved.

And that local folks can come together in their community, schools and church organizations to try and help each other in ways of support and psychological counseling to prevent any further problems. JMO
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved here.

Fantastic post celticthyme. Very insightful.

Again, my apologies. I am sorry I let this jerk in. I take full responsibility.

Ok, I am really truly leaving now because if I don't I will get yelled at.:dance::dance:

Really? It's for the entire area of Jefferson City and Columbia? Great. Now there is no way for me to be able to tell.

I checked it first thing when I got off the phone and it came up Jefferson City. It never occured to me that a surrounding city would use it too.

It's days like today that make me really weary you know?

Not to worry, you gave us the disclaimer that he may not be legit. It happens. :)

Tricia,

Don't :banghead:.
I think most of us WS'ers are extremely appreciative of what you do for us and for the community. And I think most of us understand that for you to confirm someone's identity would be difficult and not foolproof. If you pursue anything against this person for harm he has caused to WS, I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor.

NewMommy09

Thank you NewMommy. I LOVE your picture. It is too cute. :)

The damages are the fact that I have to spend time on this type of crap and the stress it causes.

At the very least he will learn he can't do this anymore.

Guys,

I have just heard from ILC. Let's drop this for now. I'll write more later tonight.

Back to discussing Elizabeth.

Gee, if someone had only tried to tell you...

oh wait, I did! and I was told repeatedly to back off of ILC.

Is it me or does it seem like there is a serious problem with the effectiveness of Child Services all over the country? It seems like there are cases popping up all over that involve children that have at some point been monitored by their respective state authorities. I really think this need to get political attention.

I have read stories about case workers getting fired because of bad monitoring practices, but shouldn't someone at a higher level be held responsible for this? It's criminal in my opinion. I think we, as concerned citizens, need to step up to the plate and start pushing for some changes.

Are any of you folks aware of any groups that are actively (and hopefully effectively) engaged in bringing change to these state agencies? I realize that this is only half on topic, but please feel free to send me messages privately if you feel it better. I feel a responsibility to do something for these kids. Thanks.

Really? It's for the entire area of Jefferson City and Columbia? Great. Now there is no way for me to be able to tell.

I checked it first thing when I got off the phone and it came up Jefferson City. It never occured to me that a surrounding city would use it too.

It's days like today that make me really weary you know?

Maybe you checked the whole phone number, rather than just the area code?

Yes, I know how you feel, because days like these tend to say that no matter how much time and energy you spend on what is good, productive, and geared toward helping others, there will always be some who will go out of their way to negate that effort, but we can't let them!

We can look at this stunt in a positive way; I think it highlights why we are all here --

We come here because we feel bad for the innocents who meet up with evil; we could do nothing immediately to prevent this event, but perhaps our sleuthing and general caring will help in providing some justice, and while seemingly remote, perhaps our efforts in the long run may prevent some small evil from happening in some small place --we show our caring voices; we show that there are many more good and caring people in the world than not-- and most importantly, we give voice to those whose voices have been taken away --

FYI.... in this day and age you can have ANY area code for your phone number.

I have lived in Jefferson City my entire life, ever since I was born.

My home number is an New York City area code, courtesy of Magic Jack.

Check it out... you can pick just about any area code from anywhere in the country.

Jodibug - when you do a reverse-search of your telephone number, what does it show? My sister-in-law has Magic Jack, and her telephone number is unlisted. When it is reverse-searched, it shows that it is unlisted and doesn't list her name or address, but it does show who the carrier is, along with city and state. I don't know if all numbers like that show up this way, though. Back to lurking now :)

I know this is OT, but I have followed Tracy's case very closely too, especially since I lived in Orlando the majority of my adult life. I read the Orlando Sentinel every day hoping for a break in the case, and have been disappointed at the lack of progress.

This case makes me so ill - I do believe AB is a sociopath, but the making of a sociopath is such a complex thing. I always wonder why some people become sociopaths while others with very similar childhoods become productive adults. I agree with the poster (sorry can't recall who) that said she may have a split personality. Even if she does not, AB has some very deep-seated pathology and she should not ever be allowed to roam freely in society, JMHO. I don't think she is "fixable", although she could manipulate others to believe she has changed.

I also understand the comments about EO's mom- IMO the comments are not meant to blame her, but simply to emphasize that parents cannot be too careful with knowing the whereabouts of their children in today's world. Too much evil.

FYI.... in this day and age you can have ANY area code for your phone number.

I have lived in Jefferson City my entire life, ever since I was born.

My home number is an New York City area code, courtesy of Magic Jack.

Check it out... you can pick just about any area code from anywhere in the country.

Does that mean it's long distance to call your next door neighbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop