MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
The game began at 3:25 Central Time.
Thanks for the clarification. So if the game began at that time, what time would it have ended? I don't really watch football but I figure it would be at least 3 hours long. If that's a fair assessment of the length, including half time, etc. that means the game ended around 6:30. So are we to presume that the group hung out for several hours after that? It was a Sunday and based on information gleaned from news stories none of the three deceased showed up for work on Monday. They all had steady jobs so I wonder what the normal time for them would be to leave to get ready for work in the morning? It is baffling, especially if drugs weren't on the agenda. At this moment, it's the only thing I can possibly think of that was instrumental in them being vulnerable to hypothermia.

My theory sadly. Is that they all overdosed, 3 went outside to smoke a cigarettes or cannabis, passed out and died of exposure. Tragic misadventure.

Edit: to be clear I do think he’s lying through his lawyer but I don’t think it’s to cover homicide.
I lean toward some of this as well. A tragic freak accident, three men dead. I'd think drugs has to be fit into the equation somehow. Feel bad for the renter. No fault at all, for him, imo. He too, out of it. Perhaps there was a drop in blood pressure? idk I am not in the medical profession, just a guess, and think bottom line ... a freak accident due to mix of drugs and alcohol. moo

I lean toward some of this as well. A tragic freak accident, three men dead. I'd think drugs has to be fit into the equation somehow. Feel bad for the renter. No fault at all, for him, imo. He too, out of it. Perhaps there was a drop in blood pressure? idk I am not in the medical profession, just a guess, and think bottom line ... a freak accident due to mix of drugs and alcohol. moo
I’ll be very surprised at this point if fentanyl was not involved, now that I’ve read the posts about so many incidents across the country of several adults (3-5 or 6) all dying at once from fentanyl-laced drugs.

Seems the problem has reached pandemic proportions. And that the victims were often hard working people enrolled in college programs as well as dedicated parents. Not just “druggies”.

I’ll be very surprised at this point if fentanyl was not involved, now that I’ve read the posts about so many incidents across the country of several adults (3-5 or 6) all dying at once from fentanyl-laced drugs.

Seems the problem has reached pandemic proportions. And that the victims were often hard working people enrolled in college programs as well as dedicated parents. Not just “druggies”.
I live in a small/safe/community minded town and many of my friends in the 38-48 year range, most who are happily married parents and successful use recreational drugs(beyond cannabis which is legal here).

I think in part because use was often regular and early in teen years many still consider themselves “safe” despite the drugs themselves being massively different than the 90s/00’s.

He says they froze to death. I don't see him saying that he didn't "see the bodies." It seems he did - after the police got there. It seems implicit that he had not seen them before, but he doesn't actually admit or say that to the police, IMO. I bet he said very little. Basically gave opinions such as "They must have frozen to death." Which, if I really didn't see three friends' bodies in my back yard, would have been my first guess too. Although since I now know what temps there were that Jan 7 evening, I wouldn't guess that.

Were the cars in the driveway? Is this a guy who does what some people call "rotting" when he has time off (cocoons up in his bedroom, heats one room, brings a few snacks and stays on the internet and watches movies on TV? Listens to music?) My own little space in our house has snacks in case I want to hole up, although usually both of us are "rotting" on the couch (as we are today). I just learned the word recently.

That lifestyle is quite common in people born after around 1975 or 1980.

The cars were there somewhere, it seems. If they were near the front of the house but not in the driveway, maybe he didn't go into his front yard either.

All opinion. IMO.
Oh no… I don’t think I like that word. :oops:

Neighbors' Surveillance Recordings?
That said, I wonder if police have collected ring cam footage from next door and across the road neighbors, and whether that may shed any further light…
snipped for focus @SMK777 An excellent point. Thx for your post.
From neighbors' systems.
Or perhaps even from the Host's own system?

I don't recall other posts mentioning this possibility.
Hoping LE has already collected multiple helpful recordings which may answer many questions about these unusual circumstances.
In particular, whether the Host left the house at all. Whether he looked at vehicles parked in drive or on street.

Thanks for the clarification. So if the game began at that time, what time would it have ended? I don't really watch football but I figure it would be at least 3 hours long. If that's a fair assessment of the length, including half time, etc. that means the game ended around 6:30. So are we to presume that the group hung out for several hours after that? It was a Sunday and based on information gleaned from news stories none of the three deceased showed up for work on Monday. They all had steady jobs so I wonder what the normal time for them would be to leave to get ready for work in the morning? It is baffling, especially if drugs weren't on the agenda. At this moment, it's the only thing I can possibly think of that was instrumental in them being vulnerable to hypothermia.
Yes, an average NFL game is 3 to 3.5 hours. Since it was KCC playing, I’d say more like a 4 hour game due to all the flags most likely thrown by the referees. :oops: moo

Understood.

And yes, that’s puzzling.
Is everyone assuming when he read the messages sent to him about the 3 guys that he was actually at home and not at work? He may have read them at work and didn't think he'd needed to reply. He may have left by the front door on Monday and came back in that way too if vehicles were still in the driveway. Based on the scenario presented up thread about people leaving their vehicles at a home after getting drunk he thought they'd get around to picking them up.

I live in a small/safe/community minded town and many of my friends in the 38-48 year range, most who are happily married parents and successful use recreational drugs(beyond cannabis which is legal here).

I think in part because use was often regular and early in teen years many still consider themselves “safe” despite the drugs themselves being massively different than the 90s/00’s.
Yes, I think you’re absolutely correct.

It’s a shame that these substances have become so extremely dangerous, especially regarding fentanyl.

Is everyone assuming when he read the messages sent to him about the 3 guys that he was actually at home and not at work? He may have read them at work and didn't think he'd needed to reply. He may have left by the front door on Monday and came back in that way too if vehicles were still in the driveway. Based on the scenario presented up thread about people leaving their vehicles at a home after getting drunk he thought they'd get around to picking them up.
Good point.

Dogs? Door Usage? Alerting Friends to "Wrong" Door Chosen?

snipped for focus @neesaki

Respectfully, as others have posted, not all dogowners use back door to let their dogs in & out of back yard, fenced or unfenced. True for some ppl regardless of weather, season, snow; size & number of dogs, yard conditions, like ice, mud, snow, etc.

If Host or arranged dog-carer routinely took dogs for multiple daily walkies, he MAY never have used back door (virtually or literally) for DOGS.
And may have used back door HIMSELF on limited basis or seaonally, like mild weather, so, (possibly) not in Jan. 30-35F° days.

That said, did Host ALERT FRIENDS that in exiting at back door, they were using the "wrong" door?

IF Host was awake & not severely cognitively impaired &
IF Host was present in room when they used back door,
IF Host was aware friends were exiting door- after game & their get-together concluded - leaving to get in their vehicles to go to their respective homes, or elsewhere - a bar? another house? C-store for ciggies, beer?)
THEN likely imo Host would alert them to "wrong" door.

But what if Host was engrossed in post game TV wrap ups, or in kitchen w dishwasher running; in bathroom w vent fan on high; or in another room talking or texting on phone; or streaming what-ev?

What if, in exiting back door, friends told him – just going out for a ciggie or to stretch legs. No need for Host to alert friends about wrong door. But after ciggies or stretching legs, friends may have succumbed to ____? Whatever CoD.

Personally not drawing conclusions about any of the above possibilities and am open to other alternatives.

(Edited a few phrases for clarity)
I’m thinking they all got plastered, then got locked out. Except why would JW lock the door? So smashed he didn’t know what he was doing?
I guess they’re the only ones who got the bad stuff. Or maybe JW didn’t do any. Which takes us back to , why non responsive to texts, door knocking, and how did he not question things when he saw there cars still there, and why did he not look for them at that point?
I’m going in circles aren’t I :rolleyes:

Yes. I also think it’s possible he participated but didn’t go outside so while he may have almost been fatal wasn’t because he was in a safer environment. Time and test results will certainly tell.
I wonder if LE asked him to provide blood samples. He isn't necessarily required to provide it. But a lot of people think someone is guilty if they refuse a drug test or hire a lawyer when it's probably smart to do so.

I wonder if LE asked him to provide blood samples. He isn't necessarily required to provide it. But a lot of people think someone is guilty if they refuse a drug test or hire a lawyer when it's probably smart to do so.
Good question, and yes it’s legally the right thing to do in that situation, although people are definitely going to criticize you or be suspicious.

Bed Rotting?
.... Is this a guy who does what some people call "rotting" when he has time off (cocoons up in his bedroom, heats one room, brings a few snacks and stays on the internet and watches movies on TV? Listens to music?)
That lifestyle is quite common in people born after around 1975 or 1980. ....
snipped for focus @10ofRods
"Bed Rotting" sounds like "Cocooning" (like you mentioned) or being a "Couch Potato."

But now: NEW and IMPROVED w Internet.
;)

Bed Rotting?

snipped for focus @10ofRods
"Bed Rotting" sounds like "Cocooning" (like you mentioned) or being a "Couch Potato."

But now: NEW and IMPROVED w Internet.
;)

Exactly. And, with Millenial/GenZ flair, it is now more accurate. Cocooning sounds like a growth phase. Rotting is kind of the opposite, ha. "Couch Potato" might require a couch? (I'm joking - it's clearly okay to use a bed instead, right?)

BTW, I'm enjoying your contributions on this thread very much.

At any rate, I await more MSM coverage of this and hope the families of the deceased start to get answers. If those toxicology panels come back with zero (or only with lowish alcohol levels), it's very hard to envision what happened. Fortunately, bodies outside in that kind of weather for 2 days will have lots of bio-data for a toxicology panel, and also including other kinds of information, such as the last time they ate, whether they all ate the same things. Presumably LE has collected potential food evidence from the house? They may not need it (inference could be used) but might be helpful. I noticed a trash bin outside the backyard, to the right of the house. In any case, such data would give LE some questions for the party host.

If in fact three people died on that property, there could be a civil case if not a criminal one. I don't know the laws in MO. I can think of various friend dynamics I've seen over the years that could account for a non-criminal cause for these deaths, but if so, I hope LE makes people aware of what happened, so that partiers can be more thoughtful about their situations.

IMO.

So if he still hadn’t brought his dogs home by Tuesday, wonder what the reason was that he gave his mother. And, I’d sure like to know the reason. So far seems like he was on a mini vacation during all of this.
Wasn't his moving out planned? Maybe the dogs were away as to it get in the way when moving? That could explain any time off work also

Last edited:
At 2:47 mark (NN video) counsel said "was home sporadically." Unless I misconstrued his statement, because he goes on to say ... I know another allegation floating out there.. we shall see...

If h/o renter is out and about why didn't he see any of the men's vehicles? moo

I have mentioned earlier on in the thread that maybe he assumed they had left the cars there as not to drink drive, maybe it was something done in the past

Dogs? Door Usage? Alerting Friends to "Wrong" Door Chosen?

snipped for focus @neesaki

Respectfully, as others have posted, not all dogowners use back door to let their dogs in & out of back yard, fenced or unfenced. True for some ppl regardless of weather, season, snow; size & number of dogs, yard conditions, like ice, mud, snow, etc.

If Host or arranged dog-carer routinely took dogs for multiple daily walkies, he MAY never have used back door (virtually or literally) for DOGS.
And may have used back door HIMSELF on limited basis or seaonally, like mild weather, so, (possibly) not in Jan. 30-35F° days.

That said, did Host ALERT FRIENDS that in exiting at back door, they were using the "wrong" door?

IF Host was awake & not severely cognitively impaired &
IF Host was present in room when they used back door,
IF Host was aware friends were exiting door- after game & their get-together concluded - leaving to get in their vehicles to go to their respective homes, or elsewhere - a bar? another house? C-store for ciggies, beer?)
THEN likely imo Host would alert them to "wrong" door.

But what if Host was engrossed in post game TV wrap ups, or in kitchen w dishwasher running; in bathroom w vent fan on high; or in another room talking or texting on phone; or streaming what-ev?

What if, in exiting back door, friends told him – just going out for a ciggie or to stretch legs. No need for Host to alert friends about wrong door. But after ciggies or stretching legs, friends may have succumbed to ____? Whatever CoD.

Personally not drawing conclusions about any of the above possibilities and am open to other alternatives.

(Edited a few phrases for clarity)
After reading that statement again, I’m actually thinking now that he didn’t mean he didn’t use the back door at all, but that he didn’t use the back door when he was leaving the house.
ETA: IOW, he could have used the back door to let dogs out, etc., but when leaving the house, he used the garage door exit or front door.
JMO , and just for the moment, lol.

Last edited:
Mystery as three KC Chiefs fans 'freeze to death' in friend's backyard

"
Johnson's brother Jonathan Price said that he heard the owner of the home had animals that would need to go outside..."

Hmmm...
Three people are dead , and I don't blame their loved ones for wanting to know how this happened !
From the above link, it doesn't sound like the families knew the homeowner very well ?

At the least it seems like a possible neglectfulness on the part of the homeowner ?
If they'd passed inside the house one would assume there'd be drag marks in the yard, as the snow didn't look deep but enough to leave a trail ?
Or, more likely the three had stepped outside and passed from whatever.
It will be helpful to have the tox tests back asap !

Also don't blame some relatives of the deceased from wanting a search warrant for the house.
But by this time anything that might point to the three taking something that could make them unresponsive will have been removed; imo.
Doesn't have to be poison, or anything sinister, though !

Drinking and some mild substances can be dangerous if outside in cold weather and maybe under dressed for it.
Couldn't tell from articles if they had coats/hats on ?
Again hoping the tox tests clear things up.
Omo.

I’m thinking they all got plastered, then got locked out.
Some exterior door locks can be set to lock automatically when closed. I lived briefly in a house with that feature and it drove me crazy. When leaving I sometimes had to go back inside once or twice when bringing things out to the car something, and had to unlock the door EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper