MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can the police possible rule out foul played until the medical examiner makes his report?

And what was a Uhaul doing there? Did the guy pack it all up and move?

"As of now, police say there is no one in custody and have ruled out foul play.

Mia Dukes lives a few houses down and told KCTV5 the home has been rented out for about six months.

“But no one’s really come in and out of the house at all, we don’t really see anybody,” Dukes said.

Dukes said since the bodies were found, there’s been no movement from the house, except she spotted a U-Haul.

“It was parked in the grass over there, not in the driveway,” Dukes said. “It wasn’t there very long.”

Whether they died from hypothermia, or were intoxicated with drugs or alcohol, where is the evidence of a crime? Grown men make their own decisions.

JMO

Whether they died from hypothermia, or were intoxicated with drugs or alcohol, where is the evidence of a crime? Grown men make their own decisions.

JMO
I am waiting to know if there is evidence of a crime. Hopefully you are as well.
All we know right now, is that the host of this Football Party…who somehow miraculously survived, while three of his guests lost their lives… is saying basically nothing l
I really think we all need to stop a minute, take a breathe, and realize what really happened here. This isn’t a joke. It’s not a movie, it’s not some TikTok video . It actually happened. Three young men in the prime of their lives , are now deceased.
Of course, grown men make their own decisions. <modsnip>. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people simply will not take a call from an unknown number and are loathe to even check a voicemail from a number. I’ve learned this when notifying of a death. Even repeated calls go unanswered. It may be several days later that I get a return call (well, typically a return text) apologizing and sometimes mentioning that the person assumed I was a scammer/spammer. I’m not saying this is exemplary or even average behavior - but it is not uncommon.

o
I am one of those people that has all calls blocked on my phone, unless they are in my contact list. I dealt with people 12hrs a shift in an ER, do not want to be bothered on my time off.

I am one of those people that has all calls blocked on my phone, unless they are in my contact list. I dealt with people 12hrs a shift in an ER, do not want to be bothered on my time off.
Yes, many people do this and I myself have missed calls from family members I don’t speak with often because I failed to recognize their number.

JMO
If there's any evidence of foul play not found in the search of the property it would have to be in the examination of the bodies. IF police did say there's no foul play involved, before the medical examiner's report, that would be jumping past the actual investigation to state something they can't know for sure yet. JMO

I am waiting to know if there is evidence of a crime. Hopefully you are as well.
All we know right now, is that the host of this Football Party…who somehow miraculously survived, while three of his guests lost their lives… is saying basically nothing l
I really think we all need to stop a minute, take a breathe, and realize what really happened here. This isn’t a joke. It’s not a movie, it’s not some TikTok video . It actually happened. Three young men in the prime of their lives , are now deceased.
Of course, grown men make their own decisions.<modsnip>JMO

I, for one, am not confused by this being real life and I doubt anyone else on here is either. All the threads on here are real life.

If I hosted a party in which three people died, I'd set myself on fire before I talked to the media, even if I was 100% innocent of any wrongdoing. I don't think we can use his silence as an implication of responsibility. If I was him, I'd lawyer up ASAP even if I did nothing wrong because of how it looks and because human nature dictates that people form opinions in the absence of facts.

Until we have a CoD, there is no indication the homeowner was criminally responsible.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I, for one, am not confused by this being real life and I doubt anyone else on here is either. All the threads on here are real life.

If I hosted a party in which three people died, I'd set myself on fire before I talked to the media, even if I was 100% innocent of any wrongdoing. I don't think we can use his silence as an implication of responsibility. If I was him, I'd lawyer up ASAP even if I did nothing wrong because of how it looks and because human nature dictates that people form opinions in the absence of facts.

Until we have a CoD, there is no indication the homeowner was criminally responsible.

MOO

I’ve never figured out why so many think that exercising legal rights is indicative of guilt. Any decent attorney will tell you that no one is required to speak to LE or the media. Words spoken to be helpful can be twisted. Even if you are completely innocent, hiring an attorney to help you navigate the system is the course of wisdom. While guilty people may do these things, it just shows they’re smart.

JMO

If they left his home intending to drive home, then they would have been sober enough to drive, would have had keys in their hands, phones in their pockets, and would have been dressed to go outside. They wouldn't have died in the back yard. "Oops, wrong door!"
You know, your comment made me think of a plausible scenario for the events of the evening. It is possible the three men realized, at the end of the game, that they were NOT sober enough to drive home, yet they were expected to leave by the homeowner and they all (I believe) had to get home somehow in order to go to work the next day. In a tragically misguided attempt to sober up quickly, maybe they each took a quick snort of what they *thought* was an “upper” right before departing the home, only to make it to the yard before dropping. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve heard of drunk people trying to sober up that way (it should go without saying that I do not believe this approach really helps a person achieve a sober state nor makes them fit to drive).

You know, your comment made me think of a plausible scenario for the events of the evening. It is possible the three men realized, at the end of the game, that they were NOT sober enough to drive home, yet they were expected to leave by the homeowner and they all (I believe) had to get home somehow in order to go to work the next day. In a tragically misguided attempt to sober up quickly, maybe they each took a quick snort of what they *thought* was an “upper” right before departing the home, only to make it to the yard before dropping. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve heard of drunk people trying to sober up that way (it should go without saying that I do not believe this approach really helps a person achieve a sober state nor makes them fit to drive).
From the reading I’ve been doing, this kind of scenario has happened with what people thought was cocaine but was fentanyl.

So it’s a plausible scenario that they might have had to leave so he could sleep, and they could be on their way to family and work obligations, and have tried to sober up and wake up with “one for the road” with tragic consequences.

Toxicology, autopsy, and investigation will reveal all in time.

Last edited:
I do all the time. I have a dog, a small one. And he with two big dogs? If he doesn’t use the back door, sure seems to me it would occur to him that his friends were going out the wrong door.
I’m not buying it, unless/until I hear a more logical explanation. I’m all ears.

where is this info coming from about dogs? I haven't seen it

So, resident claims he didn't see the three bodies in his backyard.
There is driveway and attached two-car garage along side of the house.
If resident was unaware of bodies in backyard, he must have seen the cars in his driveway and wondered where his guests were.

if you've seen the photos of the house - the garage and driveway is on the side of the house where you wouldn't see looking out other windows IMO

In a tragically misguided attempt to sober up quickly, maybe they each took a quick snort of what they *thought* was an “upper” right before departing the home, only to make it to the yard before dropping.
I, too, have thought of this scenario as I knew friends who did this back when I used to be a bar fly.

Another thing I want to add that I have thought about a lot the last few days is taking any eyewitness accounts with a grain of salt. The friends/family talking about how the host answered the door for LE or him ignoring calls, may not be totally accurate. I was close to a murder victim many years ago and reading some of the neighbors quotes in newspapers was grossly inaccurate. Not only are emotions high but situations like this remind me of the children’s game of telephone where things can be exaggerated or misinterpreted. JMO

Regarding the ingestion of drugs, either orally or by injection, I found something interesting. I was curious as to why it was Clayton McGeeney found on the back porch and the other two deceased were found in the back yard, especially if they did die of a drug overdose. My thinking was that out of the three individuals the one most likely to die first of a drug overdose would have been Clayton because he was quite lean and wiry looking, whereas the other two men, especially David Harrington, carried extra weight.

I read that according to studies investigating drug dosage based on total body weight, they found that sometimes obese patients reacted more negatively to the dosage than someone who wasn't. The conclusion based on the study was that drug dosages should be based on lean body weight not total body weight since there was a higher incidence of drug toxicity in those that had a higher body weight but with a higher adipose weight. The chart in the link below shows that those individuals with a higher adipose ratio had less lean body weight. Which makes sense, if obese individuals are less likely to create muscle mass which is lean body weight.

So is it possible, if the three men did take some drugs, that the heavier individuals reacted much quicker to the negative effects of the drugs and dropped where they were in the backyard and McGeeney realized something was dreadfully wrong and attempted to get back into the house but also succumbed to the drug on the patio. If it is a possibility it suggests that they died where they fell and hypothermia wasn't something that happened to them while alive; that their bodies froze after death.

Regarding the ingestion of drugs, either orally or by injection, I found something interesting. I was curious as to why it was Clayton McGeeney found on the back porch and the other two deceased were found in the back yard, especially if they did die of a drug overdose. My thinking was that out of the three individuals the one most likely to die first of a drug overdose would have been Clayton because he was quite lean and wiry looking, whereas the other two men, especially David Harrington, carried extra weight.

I read that according to studies investigating drug dosage based on total body weight, they found that sometimes obese patients reacted more negatively to the dosage than someone who wasn't. The conclusion based on the study was that drug dosages should be based on lean body weight not total body weight since there was a higher incidence of drug toxicity in those that had a higher body weight but with a higher adipose weight. The chart in the link below shows that those individuals with a higher adipose ratio had less lean body weight. Which makes sense, if obese individuals are less likely to create muscle mass which is lean body weight.

So is it possible, if the three men did take some drugs, that the heavier individuals reacted much quicker to the negative effects of the drugs and dropped where they were in the backyard and McGeeney realized something was dreadfully wrong and attempted to get back into the house but also succumbed to the drug on the patio. If it is a possibility it suggests that they died where they fell and hypothermia wasn't something that happened to them while alive; that their bodies froze after death.

That makes a lot of sense! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member