MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game ended 3 hours later. Almost exactly. (2:59)
Per NewsNation.

So... 3 hours of the game. Plus 20-30min of celebrating, eating, cheering on.... then people start leaving... but these 3 stick around. They're a core group of buddies, but not necessarily tight with the host of the watch party.

If there was some extra afterparty celebrating, I wouldn't be surprised if the guys used that back patio area to hang out, perhaps without the host. Only thing that doesn't add up is..if things went awry, and one thought something wasn't right, wouldn't one of them head towards the house and not onto the lawn?

Moo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120_123523_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240120_123523_Chrome.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 27
Some exterior door locks can be set to lock automatically when closed. I lived briefly in a house with that feature and it drove me crazy. When leaving I sometimes had to go back inside once or twice when bringing things out to the car something, and had to unlock the door EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Yes, that’s very possible, but it then raises the question as to why they would not have banged on the door or if he wasn’t hearing them and their phones were inside, have asked a neighbor to call.

This is why it seems they may have gone unconscious.

Yes, that’s very possible, but it then raises the question as to why they would not have banged on the door or if he wasn’t hearing them and their phones were inside, have asked a neighbor to call.

This is why it seems they may have gone unconscious.
There is a high privacy fence around the backyard. Maybe the gate lock was frozen and wouldn't open.

If the game was over, they may have left via the back door out of the family room and headed to the gate to get to their car(s) parked in the driveway on the other side of the gate. The host may have headed upstairs to his bedroom and couldn't hear the banging on the back door downstairs.

I think this is a case of intoxication and hypothermia. A lethal combination.

JMO

There is a high privacy fence around the backyard. Maybe the gate lock was frozen and wouldn't open.

If the game was over, they may have left via the back door out of the family room and headed to the gate to get to their car(s) parked in the driveway on the other side of the gate. The host may have headed upstairs to his bedroom and couldn't hear the banging on the back door downstairs.

I think this is a case of intoxication and hypothermia. A lethal combination.

JMO
It’s possible, yes.

Last edited:
It seems like they must have been poisoned, whether by self-ingested drugs or otherwise. Something had to overtake them all at the same time. It's kind of hard to believe that at least one of them didn't have their phone with them. If they were just locked out, they could have broken a window to get in or gone over any fence. I haven't seen any photos of the back yard, but I can't imagine any fence they couldn't at least have hoisted one of the three over.

Edited to add: In looking at the photo of the house in the Daily Mail, the fence that's on the left side of the photo looks to be 6-7 feet tall. If at least two of the men were okay, it wouldn't be hard for one of them to give another a boost to get over it.

Last edited:
It seems like they must have been poisoned, whether by self-ingested drugs or otherwise. Something had to overtake them all at the same time. It's kind of hard to believe that at least one of them didn't have their phone with them. If they were just locked out, they could have broken a window to get in or gone over any fence. I haven't seen any photos of the back yard, but I can't imagine any fence they couldn't at least have hoisted one of the three over.

Edited to add: In looking at the photo of the house in the Daily Mail, the fence that's on the left side of the photo looks to be 6-7 feet tall. If at least two of the men were okay, it wouldn't be hard for one of them to give another a boost to get over it.
All of these musings have me suspicious of accidental, fatal fentanyl overdose, because now that I’ve been reading about it, I see that it leaves groups of adults mysteriously dead with no obvious signs of illness or injury. It’s a terrible but likely explanation.

***[Prior to reading at links that a poster left here, I knew of fentanyl but thought it was something effecting hard-core addicts and people who basically lived on drugs. I had no idea that middle class parents and working people and career people were also being found dead in groups. So at this point I’m leaning toward that as the most likely explanation. Time will tell all.]

Last edited:
I don't think most of us disbelieve that the men could have frozen to death. The bigger question is, what happened that caused them to be unable to protect their own lives?
That's what I was wondering
"unable to protect their own lives"
What are the chances three men in their 30s would die at the same,,,? There are so many weird things about this situation.

Which Door Did Host Usu. Use to Enter & Exit House?
.... thinking now that he didn’t mean he didn’t use the back door at all, but that he didn’t use the back door when he was leaving the house.
ETA: IOW, he could have used the back door to let dogs out, etc., but when leaving the house, he used the garage door exit or front door....
snipped for focus focus @neesaki I see what you’re saying. :)
Yes, esp’ly your ETA “garage door exit or front door.” And esp’ly using GARAGE door.

Officer Obvious :) here speaking (ETA, but jmo):
If a person leaving house to drive somewhere when car is in garage, seems likely person would use door-to-garage, get in car, open garage bay door, and drive away.
Why exit thru front or back door, be exposed to cold, heat, rain, what-ev, on walkway or grass? And besides that, need to carry a remote opener for door? Does not compute imo.

Well, as long as ---
He has a vehicle.
He often/always drives to & from work, grocery, shopping, restaurants, entertnmt, etc.
He often/always parks vehicle inside garage.
Garage door &door opener and remote are in operating condition.
Garage is relatively empty, not jam packed full w furniture, woodworking, sports gear, old car restoration.
If any nopes on above, then a person might habitually use front or back door to leave.

Last edited:
JMO, there still isn't a good, rational explanation for:
  1. The host not noticing or acting on the dead men's cars still parked at his house after 2 days
  2. The failure of the host to respond to family members banging on doors, windows, etc. of his house, but showing up in shorts w/ a wine glass a few minutes later when LE arrived
JMO, he may not have killed them, but he was stonewalling the family. I guess he didn't want to deal with the situation until he was forced to. Rather immature and irresponsible.

I also don't understand why LE is giving him a pass on this. He has some responsibility.

ETA: I will cut LE a little slack since (I assume) the toxicology results are not yet completed. Still...

Last edited:
As others have said it is highly improbable that three men in their late thirties, presumably not all with pressing health issues, would fail to find their way out of backyard one way or another if at all coherent. They could have called, given each other a leg up over the fence, made a lot of noise, smashed a window. No evidence so far that an attempt was made to get back into the building.

Resident has said they left by the back door (did he also say this was the wrong door or I am imagining this?)

Re - drugs. If you are a clean person suddenly exposed to a hard drug, could your first experience be more totally deadly than with a hardened user?

I also don't understand why LE is giving him a pass on this. He has some responsibility.
Snipped for focus.
But is he actually being given a pass?
Isn’t he under investigation? That’s why he retained an attorney, presumably.
Do we actually know that he won’t be charged with something when the medical examiner has not yet even spoken?

1. The host not noticing or acting on the dead men's cars still parked at his house after 2 days
  2. The failure of the host to respond to family members banging on doors, windows, etc. of his house, but showing up in shorts w/ a wine glass a few minutes later when LE arrived
JMO, he may not have killed them, but he was stonewalling the family. I guess he didn't want to deal with the situation until he was forced to. Rather immature and irresponsible.

ETA: I will cut LE a little slack since (I assume) the toxicology results are not yet completed. Still...
Thank you, thank you. You said it well.

Snipped for focus.
But is he actually being given a pass?
Isn’t he under investigation? That’s why he retained an attorney, presumably.
Do we actually know that he won’t be charged with something when the medical examiner has not yet even spoken?
I think she’s ref, that some seem to be giving her a pass here. I don’t know if they are, but maybe that’s how it’s coming across?
Forgive me if mistaken.
I honestly don’t think LE has given him a pass. Hopefully they are in full Investigation mode.

I think she’s ref. To some giving her a pass here. I don’t know if they are, but seems some are inclined to. Forgive me if mistaken.
I honestly don’t think LE has given him a pass. Hopefully they are in full Investigation mode.
Well, she actually did say she wondered why law enforcement was giving him a pass — and I do understand that it might look that way so far. I was just trying to point out that it’s really not necessarily true.

Immature & Irresponsible? LE Giving Him a Pass?

@Betty P
Immature & unresponsible behavior? Seems like it from what I've read in MSM. But is that alone criminal? A basis to arrest?

Autopsy reports will be completed soon after tox results are returned, and Med. Examiner’s findings on CoD & MoD will be critical to LE’s further investigation. I don’t see that LE is giving Host a pass. Not ATM.

How can the police possible rule out foul played until the medical examiner makes his report?

And what was a Uhaul doing there? Did the guy pack it all up and move?

"As of now, police say there is no one in custody and have ruled out foul play.

Mia Dukes lives a few houses down and told KCTV5 the home has been rented out for about six months.

“But no one’s really come in and out of the house at all, we don’t really see anybody,” Dukes said.

Dukes said since the bodies were found, there’s been no movement from the house, except she spotted a U-Haul.

“It was parked in the grass over there, not in the driveway,” Dukes said. “It wasn’t there very long.”

How can the police possible rule out foul played until the medical examiner makes his report?

And what was a Uhaul doing there? Did the guy pack it all up and move?

"As of now, police say there is no one in custody and have ruled out foul play.

Mia Dukes lives a few houses down and told KCTV5 the home has been rented out for about six months.

“But no one’s really come in and out of the house at all, we don’t really see anybody,” Dukes said.

Dukes said since the bodies were found, there’s been no movement from the house, except she spotted a U-Haul.

“It was parked in the grass over there, not in the driveway,” Dukes said. “It wasn’t there very long.”

Have the police really ruled out foul play? I don’t think so. They just said there’s no evidence of it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793