MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked how to surrender. Are you saying if he stops running & freezes, OW must stop shooting?

He doesn't STOP running, he doesn't run to begin with. Once he blindsided and assaulted the cop, struggled over the gun, and then began running, I am not sure how he fixes that, other then lying down on the ground.

I think they've been told what MB did - it's all over the news; and the family, pot-stirrers, and protesters spent plenty of time screaming about how showing the robbery was character assassination. They're also being told spin, denials, and that "there's no evidence".

But most important, they're (like us) being told that none of anything MB did matters, even if it is true.

That's what's so disturbing. :(

You can have hope if people think it matters once they see the truth. What we have here is so much worse.

And the fact that such a toxic, short-sighted message is being delivered by people who are in leadership and other roles kids should be able to look up to an emulate is an unforgivable crime, imo.

It is a frightening, frightening thing to watch happen. And IMO, the mainstream media is being SO irresponsible, trying to deflect and explain away every fact that comes out that shows that the original version of the story that came out could not have happened that way. I don't know whether it's a case of knowingly pushing a political agenda using the power of the bully pulpit of the press, or it's flat out embarrassment over having run the original story with so little fact checking and trying to save face. Either way, it makes me extremely worried, because if the press isn't concerned with the truth first then it isn't truly free despite not being government controlled.

JMO.

I think they've been told what MB did - it's all over the news; and the family, pot-stirrers, and protesters spent plenty of time screaming about how showing the robbery was character assassination. They're also being told spin, denials, and that "there's no evidence".

But most important, they're (like us) being told that none of anything MB did matters, even if it is true.

You can have hope if people think it matters once they see the truth. What we have here is so much worse.

And the fact that such a toxic, short-sighted message is being delivered by people who are in leadership and other roles kids should be able to look up to an emulate is an unforgivable crime, imo.

And I'm sure they have no problem believing Mike Mike was out spreading the word of the Lord that morning, before he robbed and assaulted the store employee.:thinking:
<modsnip>
ETA: I read a comment under a article, a few days ago, and there's no way to find out if it's the truth. I have no clue what article.:gaah:

So, he had already told them to get off the street and rolled on at 11:52 (BOLO) backed up and altercation started? 9 minutes in between BOLO and arms flailing, gunshot and pursuit???? I don't know either but I think it all went down within a few minutes....everything...... which makes me think that if he heard the BOLO at 11:52 he probably hadn't even turned onto the street where they were 'til like 11:57...at which point he would have figured out who Mike B was from the BOLO description before he told them to get off the street. That's what puzzles me about the timing and the BOLO. He should have arrested MB right then and there if he had already heard the BOLO. Just speculating. JMO JMO

Hmmmm interesting. IDK.

The chief messed up big time disseminating the info regarding the BOLO and how it did or didn't factor into events :dunno:

I agree, if above is accurate, it happened quickly as in not much more than a minute quickly based on when 2nd officer arrives on the scene.

That is what really bothers me too. They are making this felon out to be a martyr, a true hero. And all the young black kids look up to him and see all the great stars like Snoop, who came to his grand funeral. And what exactly did he do to deserve this huge televised memorial? He strong-armed a lil old clerk for some bluntwraps, then bum rushed a cop, fought with him in the vehicle over the gun, then was killed in the aftermath. And that makes him a national hero? :no:

So, he had already told them to get off the street and rolled on at 11:52 (BOLO) backed up and altercation started? 9 minutes in between BOLO and arms flailing, gunshot and pursuit???? I don't know either but I think it all went down within a few minutes....everything...... which makes me think that if he heard the BOLO at 11:52 he probably hadn't even turned onto the street where they were 'til like 11:57...at which point he would have figured out who Mike B was from the BOLO description before he told them to get off the street. That's what puzzles me about the timing and the BOLO. He should have arrested MB right then and there if he had already heard the BOLO. Just speculating. JMO JMO

Adding up all the reports, I believe that Wilson realized it after he drove past. Maybe their blowing off his offer made him turn his head and look from a different angle, or just closer, and realized they fit the BOLO.

Ferguson officer realized during encounter that Michael Brown might be suspect in robbery, chief says

Jackson said the officer was aware cigars had been taken in the robbery of a store nearby, but did not know when he encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson that they might be suspects. He stopped them because they were walking in the street, Jackson said.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_52c40b84-ad90-5f9a-973c-70d628d0be04.html

Police Chief Thomas Jackson said the officer who fired the fatal shots, Darren Wilson, did not know Michael Brown was a robbery suspect when he initially stopped the teen and a companion "because they were walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic." Jackson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Wilson knew there had been a robbery in the area but did not know that Brown was a suspect.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/darren-...er-who-fatally-shot-michael-brown-identified/

The officer drove away but stopped and backed up, almost hitting the pair, Johnson said. He said he wasn't sure what prompted the officer to return. Johnson told MSNBC the officer said something to the effect of "What'd you say?"

"We were so close, almost inches away, that when he tried to open his door aggressively, the door ricocheted both off me and Big Mike's body and closed back on the officer," Johnson said."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/14/us/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-5-things/index.html

ETA: I don't believe he asked them "what did you say?" At the time of the interview, the news about the robbery wasn't yet known. I believe Darian said that to provide a smokescreen to explain the real reason OW had such an about-face. Jmo

It is a frightening, frightening thing to watch happen. And IMO, the mainstream media is being SO irresponsible, trying to deflect and explain away every fact that comes out that shows that the original version of the story that came out could not have happened that way. I don't know whether it's a case of knowingly pushing a political agenda using the power of the bully pulpit of the press, or it's flat out embarrassment over having run the original story with so little fact checking and trying to save face. Either way, it makes me extremely worried, because if the press isn't concerned with the truth first then it isn't truly free despite not being government controlled.

JMO.

It's a dangerous story they're telling. I hope in the future, they can use this case as a warning about what not to do.

Has there been reporting or interest in why MB stole the cigarillos? I read somewhere that they were individually wrapped, and the amount stolen was 80-100. Why so many if it was for his personal use? Did he have a "business" like in middle school where he sold candy bars for $1 each, according to a 6th grade classmate who praised MB's generosity for once refusing payment for a KitKat with a, "It's on me"? Did his school allow such for-profit selling, especially candy bars? I seriously doubt it.

That is what really bothers me too. They are making this felon out to be a martyr, a true hero. And all the young black kids look up to him and see all the great stars like Snoop, who came to his grand funeral. And what exactly did he do to deserve this huge televised memorial? He strong-armed a lil old clerk for some bluntwraps, then bum rushed a cop, fought with him in the vehicle over the gun, then was killed in the aftermath. And that makes him a national hero? :no:

Sad isn't it..

I yi yi....I am about done with this story and the direction in which it has taken! I am SO tired of turning on the t.v. and hearing the spin! Yes, it's tragic that MB was killed, but he is NOT a hero! I was just reading a story online about a white man being attacked by 20 blacks in Mississippi over the weekend. 20! Where is the outrage in the media? And also...I'm wondering....are these black celebrities who attended MB's funeral going to attend the funeral of the white kid in Utah who was killed by a black cop?

It's a dangerous story they're telling. I hope in the future, they can use this case as a warning about what not to do.

I think it is a story they are telling as a continuation of one about Trayvon Martin, and gun control, and past police shootings that WERE later found to be unjustified, and racial inequalities in general and all sorts of things conflated together to make up a narrative that seems to be favored in the media. And I also think, and mind you, this is just my opinion, and I'm no expert, that there was kind of a reliance on "well, even though we can say all these inflammatory things in the press that aren't really a full and true accounting of events that pretty much worked out OK in the Trayvon Martin case, and this is an important social cause so we'll just go head and go full court press on the 'unarmed college student who was doing nothing but walking in the street and was gunned down for no reason." Plus, in general Americans are pretty law-abiding (which is a d*** good thing, because police are WAY outnumbered and pretty much can only maintain the rule of law with our consent, think about it!) and even though there might be a few protestors or scuffles, I don't think anyone expected things to turn out so ugly so quickly. I don't think anyone expected the widespread looting, and arson, and 'protestors' throwing molotov cocktails at the police. But you take a long, hot summer, and so much unrest in the world, and lots of youths mad at "the 2%" and a less than healthy economy and mix in the weight of the national press, and federal and state government officials appearing to take a 'side' on the the right or wrong of the shooting (or flat out TAKING a side) and you have a police shooting by a white officer of a black teenager and it's like, well, throwing a molotov cocktail into the Quiktrip. Pretty predictable, in retrospect. And that's why I say the press has been so irresponsible in this case.

CNN is so in the tank for the Brown family. They followed the funeral like it was a state funeral of a world leader.

And what is Don Lemon going to do if some new evidence is released that goes against 'his' narrative? Will his head explode on the air?

Also OW had two men to try to keep an eye on while not knowing if they were armed. DJ claims he was still by SUV until shot(s) were fired IIRC.

This is an amazing observation that I haven't really heard anyone clearly annunciate up until now. 2 suspects to worry about.

I believe you may have just won the Internet for today Branwynbreeze!!! :loveyou:

I yi yi....I am about done with this story and the direction in which it has taken! I am SO tired of turning on the t.v. and hearing the spin! Yes, it's tragic that MB was killed, but he is NOT a hero! I was just reading a story online about a white man being attacked by 20 blacks in Mississippi over the weekend. 20! Where is the outrage in the media? And also...I'm wondering....are these black celebrities who attended MB's funeral going to attend the funeral of the white kid in Utah who was killed by a black cop?

I too am just about done with this story. For the same reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsgirl