MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I yi yi....I am about done with this story and the direction in which it has taken! I am SO tired of turning on the t.v. and hearing the spin! Yes, it's tragic that MB was killed, but he is NOT a hero! I was just reading a story online about a white man being attacked by 20 blacks in Mississippi over the weekend. 20! Where is the outrage in the media? And also...I'm wondering....are these black celebrities who attended MB's funeral going to attend the funeral of the white kid in Utah who was killed by a black cop?

I hear you. I'm also sick to death of rallies, protests, riots, spin, donation sites, funeral reportage and discussion

I am sure he wishes he didn't. But from watching 'cops' or 'the 1st 48', I usually see the cops talking face to face to their potential suspects. I dont think it was that unusual for a cop to talk through an open window or get out of his car to speak with 2 teens in the street.
Plus, I think a voice through an open window is so much more congenial whenever possible, and using a loudspeaker so unnecessarily would not go towards positive feelings and community relations.

Plus, I think a voice through an open window is so much more congenial whenever possible, and using a loudspeaker so unnecessarily would not go towards positive feelings and community relations.

Exactly. I got yelled at with one of those electronic voice box things once, it was very jarring. I was getting pulled over and apparently he didnt like where I was pulling over, so he told me to go further down the exit ramp. It sounds very eerie and really sets you off. lol

OT: I just have to say, it tickles me to find myself agreeing with posters I have previously wanted to slap upside the head with a big ol' fish on other cases/threads and also to find myself (to my dismay!) disagreeing with some I've happily agreed with on just about every other case we've mutually followed. And you know? That's all OK, because that's what happens when you have a bunch of people who evaluate facts and make up their own minds, and I'm just glad WS gives us a place where we can do it respectfully. :loveyou:

I agree. :loveyou: But it makes that 'ignore' feature a little more troublesome :giggle:
ignore on........off..........on...........off :biggrin:

Supposedly they had some of that new cam equipment but it was till sitting in boxes in the storeroom. :doh:
The chief said that they hadn't saved enough money to install and implement the system. :(

He got two cameras for each officer and car, IIRC.

Also, I think it would bring more of a crowd, unnecessarily. Maybe cops avoid it for that reason alone.

Honestly, it was like watching a state funeral.
I for one have never been told to go vote at a funeral. Sure seemed more like a political function to me.
I have never been to a funeral for a person who was murdered where victims of other crimes were brought up either.
I also would never attend a funeral when I didn't know the victim/deceased.
A funeral should be about that person only.
I am a little sad for MB about that.

All posts are MOO

That's such a shame because it really could help solve this entire thing. I think if anyone wants to campaign for change making sure their was video recording devices on cops and their cars would help put a lot of things to rest, such as profiling and police brutality. It would be simple to prove then.

Ahh I just hit reply, this was in regards to having the cameras not installed yet.

Yep. Reputable companies hire people who can be bonded. The employees have access to customers' homes, yards, etc. Sort of hard to get bonded with a felony criminal record.

Daryl Parks to NG who'd asked if MB had a juvie arrest record:

"I'll say this. He was a typical kid. Some situations [plural] may have occurred while (he was) a juvenile, but we need to not be at a point where we start to blame the victim."

Can start at 15 years of age, most kids cant wait!

aw requires that all first-time drivers between 15 and 18 years old complete a period of driving with a licensed driver (instruction permit), and restricted driving (intermediate license), before getting a full driver license.

To get to the next level
To Graduate to an Intermediate License:

• You must have an instruction permit for a minimum of 182 days (beginning the day after issuance).
  • You may not have any alcohol-related convictions in the last 12 months and no traffic convictions within the last 6 months.
  • You must have received 40 hours of driving instruction, including a minimum of 10 hours of nighttime driving instruction between sunset and sunrise, with a qualified person, grandparent, or qualified driving instructor.

Eligible Age: 16 to 18

• ou must hold the instruction permit for at least 182 days (beginning the day after issuance).
  • You may not have any alcohol-related offenses in the last 12 months and no traffic convictions in the last 6 months.
  • A qualified person or grandparent must accompany you to the license office to verify you have received 40 hours of driving instruction, including a minimum of 10 hours of nighttime driving instruction between sunset and sunrise.
  • You must pass the vision, road sign recognition, and written tests at a Missouri State Highway Patrol driver examination station if previous results are more than one year old.
  • You must pass the driving test at a Missouri State Highway Patrol driver examination station.

Eligible Age: 18

ou must have a valid intermediate license. Your driving privilege cannot be suspended, revoked, or denied when you apply for a full license.

http://dor.mo.gov/drivers/teens/gradlaw.php

http://dor.mo.gov/forms/Commerical_Driver_License.pdf

(Note: Certain types of vehicles such as tankers, passenger, school buses, vehicles
hauling hazardous materials, and double/triple trailers, will require an endorsement.
Please consult text for particulars.)

[Then shows pix and descriptions of vehicles and under what circumstances CDLs are required].

Maybe the protestors should change their strategy and do public fundraising for implementing the cameras in all patrol cars and body cams.

Supposedly they had some of that new cam equipment but it was till sitting in boxes in the storeroom. :doh:

That may very well be one of the reasons some people sunk their teeth into this particular incident.

"I'll say this. He was a typical kid. Some situations [plural] may have occurred while (he was) a juvenile, but we need to not be at a point where we start to blame the victim."

I just saw him on Wolf blitzer tonight. Wolf asked him about the robbery and he said that had nothing to do with his murder. Wolf should have asked about the struggle in the car, but didn't of course.

Then Parks talked about how this officer put no value upon MB's life. Well, how much value did MB put on the officers life?

That may very well be one of the reasons some people sunk their teeth into this particular incident.

You mean because they want there to be cams?

Or you mean they knew there weren't any?

AKA - it doesn't matter.

Nothing matters except for the narrative they have spun, and by golly, they're stickin to it come heck or high water...

Who needs truth and justice anyway. :cool:

Can someone PLEASE help me out. I'm looking for a link of any kind that says MB was embalmed before Michael Baden did his autopsy. I know it's true but I can't find a link to back it up. And yes---I've looked through the Media thread but still no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Holding my breath---please don't make me turn blue. Tia and more thanks to come.

I agree. :loveyou: But it makes that 'ignore' feature a little more troublesome :giggle:
ignore on........off..........on...........off :biggrin:

I can never bear to 'ignore' anyone, because I'm afraid of what I'll miss out on! So usually I put myself on VTO if I think I'm going to be naughty, although I did get my one and only INVOLUNTARY timeout the other a week or so ago on one of the threads on this case because I was trying to joke with someone I usually wrangle with and I guess the fact that I was joking AND agreeing with the other poster did not come across and the next thing I'm hitting refresh like a crack monkey trying to figure out why I can't like anyone's posts!

:floorlaugh:

I believe you are right. As soon as the two of them heard the police cruiser stop, then thrown in reverse and tires screetching...they knew what was coming. When OW tried to get out of the vehicle he was shoved back in by MB, then punched in the face at least once. I believe once that happed OW drew his service weapon. It is the only scenario that I believe a trained officer would take a weapon out inside a vehicle. With MB trying to get the gun it possibly went off grazing the hand or arm. Then MB let go and ran.

DJ's witness statements (and lies) started by saying OW shot MB in the back. It was THOSE statements that sparked the outrage to begin, thus "all hell broke loose". In my opinion he should be charged with another charge of filing a false police report. For days the nation thought MB had been shot in the back, which of course turned out to be not true and a lie. As time has gone on DJ has changed his stories to fit any provable information that has come to light. He didn't even mention the convenience store robbery until he had to.

JMO

DJ went home--no telling how long he had to make up a story.

Which reminds me, I hope the <modsnip> got photos of DJ, because I want to see the bruising from a door that was opened with such force that it "ricocheted" off him and Big Mike.

Has it occurred to anyone posting today to post a prayer for the deceased Michael Brown? Have some respect please. His family laid a 17 year old son to rest.
I ask for a moment of silence for the repose of his soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC6RXAJpPjo

Respectfully
Starry

my humble opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors