MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is officer fired warning shots a myth? IDK

Seems so from the comments, but I like the idea in theory. In real life, where would we be now if nice Officer Wilson had mercifully shot into the ground, hit a gas line, and blew up the entire neighborhood? Yikes!

A sincere question--
What kind of message is this highly attended funeral sending to kids and teens?
Do so called high officials, dignitaries and celebrities go to all funerals of those who die after committing a crime?
Have the kids in this community been told WHAT MB was doing when he was shot?

Seems so from the comments, but I like the idea in theory. In real life, where would we be now if nice Officer Wilson had mercifully shot into the ground, hit a gas line, and blew up the entire neighborhood? Yikes!

Just imagine....that would have been such a tragedy!

I believe it is quite possible that OW fired "warning shots" intentionally to get the suspect to stop. Really until his account of the incident becomes available to review there is just so much speculation that can be made.

JMO

From what I have read here, when the decision to aim the weapon happens, it's shoot for center mass and shoot until the perp is no longer a threat, or dead. No? JMO

OT but General Harold Greene was also buried today. He was killed in combat in Afghanistan. The White House did not send any delegates to his funeral and there hasn't been much coverage.

I have no words.... ( that I can say here and stay within TOS.)

RIP General Greene

A sincere question--
Do so called high officials, dignitaries and celebrities go to all funerals of those who die after committing a crime?

It's believed this tragedy has "exposed" many struggles within the black community, regarding perceived police brutality, racism, profiling etc.

And although many communities deal with these issues, melding that fight with the death of MB becomes problematic b/c his death hasn't been proven to be the result of those issues.

In certain regions and communities this a problem, often a big problem, and should be addressed. calling OW a murderer/executioner, and insisting that the only way "justice" can be served is through his immediate arrest and conviction before an investigation is even completed, isn't going to resolve any of these issues.

How much more angry and disenfranchised is this community going to feel if no indictment is returned b/c his actions prove justified under the law.

Change can/and should happen. But the laws governing the potential lethal consequences that may occur when someone assaults an officer, and attempts to gain control of their gun are not going to change. They can't.

JMO :peace:

From what I have read here, when the decision to aim the weapon happens, it's shoot for center mass and shoot until the perp is no longer a threat, or dead. No? JMO

Center mass BECAUSE that is the biggest easiest target that may take an assailant down.

There is NO rule against shooting at the head, but because that shot is harder to make center mass is taught as the easiest target.

If one CAN shoot them in the head/brain and drop them that is perfectly acceptable, and in fact preferable as it does not require shock/blood loss to stop the assailant; it is just harder to do in the heat of the moment so center mass is advised first.

FYI an assailant can keep running/attacking even after their heart has been blown out by gunfire, in some cases 30-40 seconds after their heart was destroyed.

I have no words.... ( that I can say here and stay within TOS.)

RIP General Greene

I feel the same way. I had to shut off the comments after the funeral, they made me so angry. I no longer care if Ferguson blows up and burns down.

JMO Is it confirmed that Wilson's facial injury was to the LEFT side of his face?

The Irony here

is that the officer is in prison for fear that people will murder him. That has something to say about society int and of itself does does it not?

My condolences for the human being that has been incararated with out trial or proof of any guilt thus far. The media has endlessly attempted to find something negative about this human being --zip

It is backwards IMO......

A sincere question--

I have very mixed feelings about the funeral of MB.

It looks more like a political funeral as if MB was some kind of dignitary.........yet he was not.

I am also uncomfortable with it seeming to glorify criminal activity.

I am sure everyone who lives in Ferguson knows by now that MB not only committed strong armed robbery 15 minutes earlier but was also committing a crime by assaulting a police officer. imo. Maybe there is so much distain for white cops that whoever goes against them is considered some kind of hero. I really dunno. A lot of it makes no sense to me.

I honestly don't understand any of this. I haven't understood it from the beginning when it instantly came out he was nothing more than a gentle giant when in truth he was much much more.

I do feel very sorry for Michael that he lost his life. Any life lost is sad. But to this day I don't know why he and DJ didn't just do like OW asked and walk on the sidewalk since that is what sidewalks are for and vehicles are for streets. I will always wonder why DJ&MB didn't think the rules applied to them.

In my opinion, those with air conditioning certification would need to drive a company truck with a commercial driver's license.
"Commercial
d
rivers
l
icense -
a
dditional
a
dmissions
r
equirements
†
Must be 18 years old (21 years old preferable)
¡
Persons under the age of 21 completing training and entering
the field of Commercial Driving will have fewer opportunities to
find employment in an interstate driving position. Those under
the age of 21 should consider employment options and discuss
possible employment opportunities with admissions personnel
prior to enrolling. Persons age 21 and older with no experience
may also experience employment limitations and should inquire
with admissions personnel regarding this issue prior to enrollment.
†
Must be able to meet the Department of Transportation (DOT)
physical requirements.
†
Must provide a current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
†
Must provide a state certified birth certificate.
†
Must have held a valid U.S. Driver’s License for the past 36 mo
nths
Must never have had a DUI or DWI and/or refused to submit to an
alcohol test.
†
No felony convictions.
†
Must have a valid operator’s license.
†
Must submit to a finger printing background check.
†
Be drug free and consent to random drug testing.
†
Must be alcohol free during training and consent to random alcohol
testing.

†
Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.

http://www.vatterott.edu/documents/catalogs/springfield.pdf
I don't think he had a valid driver's license.
Guess needing a CDL would be later?
ef89feb35b1780fd2c22f8f51f06677b.jpg

All posts are MOO

I don't think he had a valid driver's license.
Guess needing a CDL would be later?
ef89feb35b1780fd2c22f8f51f06677b.jpg

All posts are MOO

The discussion at the time I posted this was concerning drug testing if MB completed air conditioning course. Sorry if this was confusing. In my opinion, an air conditioning repair man would need a commercial license to drive a company truck.

Not sure is this has been linked already, his FB https://www.facebook.com/Mikestlboii

Thanks for the link, popsicle.
There is lots of info there.

Looking through the pictures, I noticed that MB is holding an infant in many pictures, dating back to Feb 2013.
Someone who shared one of those pictures indicated, it might be MB's child? That would be really sad if it were true.

MB's Mom also commented on his FB. I looked at her FB site as well and noticed that she had no pictures of MB on her FB, at least, what I could see. I noticed that her last posts were on Aug 9, being excited going on a road trip. How tragic what happened instead on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots