MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe also that MB's records should be opened in that the family and others cited that he was a "gentle soul" and in general had a demeanor such that he would not be in a situation to bring this outcome. He was a "college bound" student shot in the back. What school was he enrolled in to start on Monday? Has that been verified? All these things along with DJ's lies caused protests, riots and looting. IMO the public at this point has every right to know if those things are true. The family opened the door.

JMO's

I believe also that MB's records should be opened in that the family and others cited that he was a "gentle soul" and in general had a demeanor such that he would not be in a situation to bring this outcome. He was a "college bound" student shot in the back. What school was he enrolled in to start on Monday? Has that been verified? All these things along with DJ's lies caused protests, riots and looting. IMO the public at this point has every right to know if those things are true. The family opened the door.

JMO's

......and there will be no way to get the proverbial horse back into the barn now. It will all come out, I'm sure.

Oh I can just see it now - the defense will put on a "pot" expert during the trial, who will show the jury how to make the concoction you mentioned with the Nyquil, etc......

Maybe they'll get Justin Bieber as their expert witness.....

:silly:

O/T but wow....Sean Hannity has quite the psycho on his program right now!!! YIKES!!!!

He really does have some insight- that was uploaded Aug 11, before we knew of the cigarillos. Also, interesting that Black Canseco mentions "World Star" as he's recording his 10 minute video. I'm not sure what World Star is, but they uploaded this guy very early in the aftermath of the shooting. The guy in this video is so fired up, seems like he could have recorded this on Aug 9. Just speculating...

Could this guy be Unknown Guy from the store video? He seems to have lots of insight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BG-B50xHo

Lol, who, what?

Some Imam from London...YIKES times INFINITY!!!! Scary!!! Just a little diversion to the stuff we should probably paying much more attention to than this...but sometimes it's scary....I honestly think I am going to have nightmares tonight...

If the expert says it affects the hippocampus, well, I'll just :hills:

Oh I can just see it now - the defense will put on a "pot" expert during the trial, who will show the jury how to make the concoction you mentioned with the Nyquil, etc......

Maybe they'll get Justin Bieber as their expert witness.....

Some Imam from London...YIKES times INFINITY!!!! Scary!!! Just a little diversion to the stuff we should probably paying much more attention to than this...but sometimes it's scary....I honestly think I am going to have nightmares tonight...

:lol:

NYT: [1]"In the ninth grade at McCluer High School in Florissant, Mr. Brown was accused of stealing an iPod. His mother said she went to the school, eventually showing a receipt to prove the iPod was his. [2] He left McCluer and went to two other high schools before going [3]to Normandy for most of his final two years. When his mother moved out of the Normandy District, he moved in with his paternal grandmother so he could remain at that school. But he continued to alternate between his parents and maternal grandmother."

[1] accused of stealing-unhappy at school? Transferred out/didn't finish the year?
[2] went to 2 different schools this year, then ...
[3] "went to Normandy HS for most of his final two years".

While MB was there, Normandy lost its accreditation, and a debacle soon followed: good students transferred out and poor students stayed

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/heres-how-not-deal-failing-schools

I don't know if MB was actually accepted into a trade school program, but I feel sure he wasn't prepared for that level of study and couldn't have completed it. Normandy was a diploma mill where more dropped out than graduated. Desperate to up their graduation rates, MB was put in some shady program where he could set his on pace, i.e. he didn't take regular classes. But he proudly walked down the aisle to accept his worthless diploma.

He really does have some insight- that was uploaded Aug 11, before we knew of the cigarillos. Also, interesting that Black Canseco mentions "World Star" as he's recording his 10 minute video. I'm not sure what World Star is, but they uploaded this guy very early in the aftermath of the shooting. The guy in this video is so fired up, seems like he could have recorded this on Aug 9. Just speculating...

I couldn't watch it all, as I can't understand a word he's saying! Talks way too fast.....and not for nothing, but that looks like a big 'ol bottle of cough syrup next to the juice container :dunno:

Could this guy be Unknown Guy from the store video? He seems to have lots of insight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BG-B50xHo

That guy may have some insight, however he appears to be very wrong in some of what he was saying. If Brown was paying for three boxes of Swisher Sweets, why did DJ put his box back? Why did the camera not show Brown paying for them? Why did the store owner try to prevent Brown from leaving the store? If Wilson got out of the SUV and shot Brown while he was on his knees with his hands in the air, they why was Brown so far away from the SUV? Why is this guy saying that Brown was shot 9 (or is he actually saying 8) times? Why is there no screaming/yelling to Wilson to not shoot "bro" on that audio tape that has been turned over to the FBI?

I don't believe half of what this guy is saying.

MOO

If I may, with respect, say that most of us who are white do not have parents or grandparents who could not use white toilets, eat at white lunch counters, attend white schools or have their supposed constitutionally-assured votes "lost" in the ballot box. And worst of all, stand the very real chance of being the victim of physical violence/death at the hands of vigilante mobs or even LE.

This is our past, this is their past. Our experiences shape who we are, who we trust and how we respond. And although things are better with each generation, please remember, there are men MB's age who have family members who are still alive who lived through discrimination that hopefully, this country will never see again. But when you have a knowledge and understanding of what prior generations of your family/community experienced, it becomes a part of you.

I really don't mean to soapbox it(although I guess I am), but I can honestly say that I am thankful everyday for being a member of a privileged group. My ancestors came to this country and fought for its independence because they WANTED to. They were landowners, and yes, slave owners. :( They had choices, voices and respect. They obeyed the laws because they MADE them. The laws benefitted their interests.

All I want to bring home here is that not every person springs fully formed from a place of benign neutrality. When societal strictures behoove your agenda, it is awfully easy to walk the straight and narrow. After all, your dad painted the line.

But when you come from generation after generation of mistreatment and oppression, you may not view the world the same as a person who has never had to worry that looking someone in the eye can mean you are being insubordinate. I cannot imagine what it must be like to share that mistrust generationally.

Stepping down off soapbox now. Sorry.

This post does not mean I believe MB's death was because he was black. It means that I understand the upset of the black community. Whether OW was right or wrong, remains to be confirmed. But I try very hard in my life to understand where people are "coming from" before I dismiss their views. I hope they will do the same for me.

May I just say - excellent post. Very insightful.

I'm all for equality and equal-ness (I guess same thing...lol) all the way around, but I also take history into account. There just are some issues which are sensitive, and we have to take that into account and be respectful of that.

For example, let's say a woman beats up her husband so badly that he has broken bones, severe bruising, etc.. He goes to the hospital and has pictures taken so everyone can see. Now let's say that a husband beats up his wife in the same manner - broken bones, bruising, black eyes, blood everywhere....and she goes to the hospital and takes pictures.

Which one do you think would cause more outrage in the general public?

Of course, the wife being beaten. Because there is a long history of males abusing women, and in general, males have more power than women.

There is a history of White people abusing Black people, and whether we like it or not or want to admit it or not, in general, White people still have more power than Black people.

JMO.

I guess author Kevin Deutsch must be an "embedded reporter." Just following the criminals and rioters and looters around with a microphone, or maybe a little spiral notebook and pencil, or something. Watching them assemble and hurl flaming improvised explosive devices at police? WTH? More "Hug a looter" stuff? Glorifying the crooks and "the fight" against the authorities, with adventurous, "fight the good fight" war storybook language? Sick. This isn't the kind of journalism we need, IMO.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, though. There wasn't a single person, IMO, in either St. Louis or Ferguson, that didn't know any of the stuff in that "investigative report."

Kevin Deutsch is a criminal justice reporter with Newsday in New York. His book, The Triangle: A Year on the Ground with New York’s Bloods and Crips, will be released by Lyons Press on December 2.

Sorry to quote myself, but I posted this when the room was rather quiet and the press conference was beginning. Has everyone seen this particular Michael Brady interview on MSNBC? Where is the video tape mentioned and what does everyone make of the quote I highlighted? It seems like the other eyewitness videos have been carefully studied- I think a lot of people missed this one.

On MSNBC interview (8-21-2014) with Michael Brady, Lawrence O'Donnell talks about the video that M Brady had taken from his front door. Lawrence O said "we (MSNBC) don't have the video ready to play, but we got the audio of what you said on that video, but it begins (and now Lawrence O is reciting the words M Brady says on his video of the scene):

M Brady says on video: 'He just got shot, he just ran up to the car, he ran up to the car. He was punching on him.' The interview goes on, asked who was punching whom, M Brady says he just "assumed he was punching on him" the MSNBC interview goes on and on for 12 minutes. Not clear who "he" is when he said he was punching.

I want to know where is the actual video Michael Brady gave to MSNBC. They never published it?? I cannot find it anywhere if they did, only this interview where the video runs in the background, but I really wanted to hear M Brady in his own words the day he took that video.
If Lawrence O read correctly the audio of what M Brady said that day from his video, he says "He just got shot. HE JUST RAN UP TO THE CAR, HE RAN UP TO THE CAR."

Here is the link, this video hasn't been on youtube that I could find, I do see the A Cooper interview on there but not this one.

Please look at this and let me know what you think, everybody. Thanks!

If you skip to about 3:00 mark, this is where they begin talking about what exactly Brady was saying as he begins speaking the day of the shooting.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word-...from-new-witness--320758339514#twitter_signin

That guy may have some insight, however he appears to be very wrong in some of what he was saying. If Brown was paying for three boxes of Swisher Sweets, why did DJ put his box back? Why did the camera not show Brown paying for them? Why did the store owner try to prevent Brown from leaving the store? If Wilson got out of the SUV and shot Brown while he was on his knees with his hands in the air, they why was Brown so far away from the SUV? Why is this guy saying that Brown was shot 9 (or is he actually saying 8) times? Why is there no screaming/yelling to Wilson to not shoot "bro" on that audio tape that has been turned over to the FBI?

MOO

Hilarity...IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, there is a lot he was wrong about now that we have some more to go on. I think it's interesting though that he knew of the Ferguson Market cigarillo robbery (even tho he disagreed). Maybe he's a friend of DJ's, and got his version. When did the cigarello story come out? IIRC, it wasn't that early.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member