MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what. He was playing a chess game with Crump, who was saying a choir boy was executed on the way to Grandma's house. The chief needed to change the game up. And he did. I appreciated the information.

Do you think OW's freedom is a game between the Chief Jackson and Crump? WTH????

Yes, but we want people to work. So how do they get to work without a car ? And public transportation does not go around the clock in some places nor does it go to remote areas.

They figure out a way to pay to register it and insure it legally, just like everyone else does. If you get a speeding ticket then you go to court, claim poverty, and they will let you pay 10 bucks a month to pay it off. You don't just ignore it until it goes to warrant.

That article was chock full of excuses and a total lack of accountability and personal responsibility, imo.

Do you think OW's freedom is a game between the Chief Jackson and Crump? WTH????

Yes, pretty much seems like it so far. The protestors DEMANDING that he is to be fired and arrested immediately, or more civil unrest is promised. And Crump stirs the pot with daily statements inciting more anger.

Thus the chief has to respond. I think the video was a valid response. jmo

Store robbery was on a Saturday. Chief Jackson sat on it until the following Friday, probably hoping things would quiet down without having to show it, but the situation was escalating out of control as outrage grew that an innocent unarmed teen was shot down in broad daylight .

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Reports-Ferguson-protests-turn-violent-270697451.html

Chief Jackson's decision to release the video, along with DW's name, was the right one and may have saved lives imo.

I am not sure it is that black and white. There was absolutely going to be a request eventually for that video. He released it beforehand. Being a police chief requires some PR type statements. You cannot tell the exact, honest truth, at all times for many complicated reasons. jmo

IIRC, the protesters screaming "off with OW's head, off with his head", were also screaming, "we want TRANSPARENCY", the cops aren't telling us anything so voila - careful what you wish for.

I am not sure it is that black and white. There was absolutely going to be a request eventually for that video. He released it beforehand. Being a police chief requires some PR type statements. You cannot tell the exact, honest truth, at all times for many complicated reasons. jmo

It is okay for those in authority, who we trust with our safety to lie?

We have all of this coming down with the full force of the leader of the entire justice department literally based on ONE INCIDENT that is currently being investigated. While looking more and more like there will not be an indictment, and certainly not a conviction of OW, how is this even appropriate in our country??? How can this look to anyone as anything more than inflammatory, prejudicial, threatening, retaliatory and reactionary?

All in the name of racial injustice - while not even ONE of my fellow websleuthers can provide ONE specific shred of evidence that OW shot MB because of the color of his skin.

And we wonder why racism still exists. Create and fuel an "us vs. them" environment and you will get what you ask for, unfortunately. It's like begging people to take sides. And I see this as the mother of a multi-cultural family!!! It truly scares me for my children's future.

Welll, we had three officers at least stupid enough to publicly say racist things and or threaten to kill protesters in just a period of one of two weeks. Theri behavor is inexcusable for a public servant. I'd guess for each of those, he has a few coworkers that feel the same way, but are smart enough to keep their mouths shut. IMHO, they'd have to have some support of that racism before that they got accostomed to acting out that way.
It's not about this one incident, as reported again and again in the media- it is about a pattern of targeting the AA community for harrassment.
Let's not forget OW's former force was disbanded for this sort of stuff, and rightfully so, IMHO.

What I don't understand is, exactly what is wrong with releasing the TRUTH? Why are people so afraid of the truth and real facts of this case?

It scares me, if I'm being honest.

Lying to publicly circulate (aka; bias potential future jurors...) a "known truth." How ironic... and not too bright, but I guess he didn't think one more dead black teen would get this much attention and bring on a FI.

MO~

Store robbery was on a Saturday. Chief Jackson sat on it until the following Friday, probably hoping things would quiet down without having to show it, but the situation was escalating out of control as outrage grew that an innocent unarmed teen was shot down in broad daylight .

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Reports-Ferguson-protests-turn-violent-270697451.html

Chief Jackson's decision to release the video, along with DW's name, was the right one and may have saved lives imo.

BBM may have saved lives?

IIRC, the protesters screaming "off with OW's head, off with his head", were also screaming, "we want TRANSPARENCY", the cops aren't telling us anything so voila - careful what you wish for.

Wait- a request for the truth of what happened (since there was no incident report) cause the Chief to lie to all of us (about reporters requesting that tape)?

How does that work for the public good- cops lying to benefit other cops? Sounds like corruption to me, not PR by any stretch. IMHO. An outside investigation is warranted.

What I don't understand is, exactly what is wrong with releasing the TRUTH? Why are people so afraid of the truth and real facts of this case?

It scares me, if I'm being honest.

I agree-IMHO, it is disheartening the Cheif seems to think hiding the truth and then lying about the tape was the way to go.
If this is proven that he lied to everyone, he should step down, IMHO. Can't trust a word out of his mouth now, IMHO.

Oh the horror!! Ya'll are right, the chief lying about a video is soooo much more important than Crump telling us that little fib about a poor little baby was skipping home to grandma's when the big bad wolf cop shot him down in cold blood, in the back - executed him I think his words were while his hands were up begging for his life.

Yep, the video lie is way out of line ;)

The timing release of the video means nothing because
MB COMMITTED THE CRIME.

I agree-IMHO, it is disheartening the Cheif seems to think hiding the truth and then lying about the tape was the way to go.
If this is proven that he lied to everyone, he should step down, IMHO. Can't trust a word out of his mouth now, IMHO.

LOL, that's not what I meant, but okay.

I'm sure you don't trust Crump, Parks, any other attorneys for the Brown's, the "activists", DJ, or any of the witnesses either, correct? They all lied.

Fire the Chief, I don't care. It won't change the facts of this case, like I posted above.

Lying to publicly circulate (aka; bias potential future jurors...) a "known truth." How ironic... and not too bright, but I guess he didn't think one more dead black teen would get this much attention and bring on a FI.

MO~

I don't think that video was used to bias future jurors. I think he was worried about a much more imminent threat---the protestors. Crump had them all fired up with his 'choir boy/gentle giant' narrative. It was the police chiefs moral duty to pop that balloon, imo.

When you say 'one more dead black teen'---are you implying that this chief is responsible for other teen's deaths? Because I have not seen anything that says this FI is looking at other teens dying under his watch.

lol, that's not what i meant, but okay.

I'm sure you don't trust crump, parks, any other attorneys for the brown's, the "activists", dj, or any of the witnesses either, correct? They all lied.

Fire the chief, i don't care. it won't change the facts of this case, like i posted above.

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member