MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the Garner and Brown families held a PC this am. Did anyone capture it?

People tend to feel empowered sitting at home in front of computer screens or typing into their phones. They feel as though they are hiding behind a cloak of anonimity. But they are not. They forget that it is actually fairly easy for them to be traced. So the people posting all these threats, "warnings," "promises," or whatever else they want to call them might find themselves waking up to a loud bang on their door and facing a lot of serious questions and consequences. The sooner some examples are made of some of these posters, the sooner others will get a clue and stop.

I truly hope that happens and I hope that it is as public of an arrest as possible. What they did, not just endangering actual people involved but people who have zero connection to this case is inexcusable.

Coincides with the Cards play-off game/s and the Rams Monday-Night-Football weekend. Tells me the "movement" can't attract enough people on their own, so they're piggy-backing on the ready-made sports crowd.

You wanna see chit blow up, mess with the play off game. This city, in its entirety, will turn on them faster than you can imagine.

Speaking of Normandy HS, I question MB's mom's claim that MB was living with his grandma so he could continue at Normandy when Ms. Brown moved out of the district. Canfield Green, where iirc his grandma lives, isn't in the unaccredited Normandy HS district. It's in the unaccredited Riverview Gardens HS district.

OT: I'm not saying this is the case here, but the school hopping reminded me of being in high school. I remember one school that was really good at football, another school really good at basketball. I remember playing a kid at one school in football and then a couple months later playing him in basketball at the other school. Apparently, he went from living with his mom to living with an uncle. Sorry for the off topic.

This is a mistake, IMO. You don't apologize for officers doing their job or for an unruly threatening mob and firing shots, causing delay. This will not help. The people he's trying to mollify will be angered even more, now saying, "See? They done wrong. They know it." It'll just fuel unjustified indignation.

Like this:
Chief Jackson's apology to the Browns and the St. Louis community shouldn't be in the form of a scripted video, but in a resignation letter.
https://twitter.com/AntonioFrench/status/515147134891343872

He played into their hand, probably at the suggestion of the DOJ/libs/politicians. The mayor didn't need to apologize either. At this point, the tail is wagging the dog. That needs to stop. Stand by the truth and don't apologize for it. I like this man and hate that he's been attacked and a bounty placed on his head. You cannot reason with unreasonable people, and those who will riot and attack police because their candles burned something are beyond unreasonable. As Capt Johson said, that's about hate, violence, and taking from another.

You wanna see chit blow up, mess with the play off game. This city, in its entirety, will turn on them faster than you can imagine.

Ah, messing with a sports event is nothing. That's no reason to get upset.

I agree and will broaden it that people are too worried about taking care of their own. Thugs protecting thugs. Doctors protecting doctors. Lawyers protecting lawyers. Cops protecting cops. Same chance of an education? Not even close. And that coming from one whose kids are on the positive end of that spectrum but I can admit that my kids are getting not only a better education at their private school than one gets at Normandy or wherever but they also have it with the luxury of being able to rid themselves of a environment around them.

I wrote you a nice, long post, but the magic dragon ate it. I believe his name was POOF.

At any rate, I can agree with some of the things you said.

From last night:
Protesting going on live right now at the police station as this gentleman talks to a black cop vine.co/v/O73IZgV0npb
https://twitter.com/TefPoe/status/514999941601972224

The "protesting gentleman" Tef taped is pacing menacingly in front of LE SUVS cussing and yelling at said black cop. They don't want more black cops. They want no cops. Just like when they blocked off Canfield after the fire and "self policed". Of course, when they were blocking traffic, some black youths ran over Michael's main memorial in the street due to the delay. Apparently, "self policing" isn't so easy among those who don't like authority, laws, and rules.

Looks to me like the man is flipping off the black officer.

Breaking News on CNN:

Eric Holder is stepping down as Atty General.

Chief Jackson's remarks were fine imo. He expressed sympathy to MB's parents for their loss, he expressed regret that MB's body wasn't removed quicker, but he didn't indicate in any way that MB's death was due to anyone but MB.

Breaking News on CNN:

Eric Holder is stepping down as Atty General.

Eric Holder goes to Ferguson stirring up a hornet's nest and now it looks like maybe OW didn't do anything wrong after all.

So Holder wimps out by resigning and doesn't want to be the one to tell the AA community.

But I am elated to see this one biased man finally gone.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member