MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that one difference here is that the Michael Brown memorial is in the middle of a public street with vehicular traffic. The photo of the Princess Diana memorial shows that the memorial items left, along with the people standing around, are not on a public street. This is all outside the "Golden Gates" of Kensington Palace, which is located within Kensington Park. Those are pedestrian walkways in a park, specifically the Studio Walk and the Dial Walk, located just outside the gates to a royal residence. It's more like putting a memorial to a family member in your own driveway, rather than blocking a public street.

I don't know why all the resistance to a memorial, but accepting your distinction as a legitimate one:

After the Boston bombing
article-2312588-196C475B000005DC-278_634x421.jpg

Another view in the street
article-2312588-196C4837000005DC-351_634x423.jpg

Charles Wade‏@akacharleswade·3 mins
“@STLAbuBadu: #Ferguson officers on way to neighborhood”

AmericanMom‏@bigmamamorrison·57 secs
March down my street an wake up my kids! The FPD will be the least of your worries .

I've been wondering how long it would take for the real victims of these thugs to say, "Enough, we're not taking it anymore."

Looks like it's happening, between the AA gentleman and this mother last night.

I think it would have happened a lot sooner, had the citizens not been so cowed.

No no no!
It doesn't matter what he was pulled over for.
Sudden moves and reaching in the car is frightening to a cop. Every interaction a police officer has is potentially life threatening. That's how they're trained.

I can certainly see, from the cop's perspective, how that fast move to reach into the truck would have been alarming. The guy would have been smart not to do that; better to tell the officer that his ID was in the truck and should he get it?

But...... I can't blame the guy for that. Cops are trained in citizen-cop encounters. Most citizens are not. I've been stopped for traffic offenses where I'm sitting there rooting through my purse for my ID while the cop is walking up to my door. Or I lean over and reach into the glove compartment for my registration. Cop doesn't know if I have a gun in there or what. I haven't been shot for that, nor should I have been.

From that guy's point of view, he was just trying to do what the cop commanded..... show his ID.

If his turn and reach into the truck alarmed the cop, the cop should have yelled out "Stop, freeze, stay out of the truck" and then waited to see if the guy would comply before just shooting him. You can't go around shooting people when they're only trying to do what you just told them to do.

I do think that too many cops are too fast on the trigger. Even with the most routine stops, they have to be prepared for the worst. But that doesn't mean they get a free pass to shoot anyone who alarms them while attempting to comply with orders.

I wonder if they went back to having two cops in every patrol car if it would help prevent shootings like these? I would suspect that cops alone are understandably much more alert and ready to react with force than cops that have a partner right there on the spot.

So according this the AP article, one would definitely agree that Ferguson truly is a corrupt town with LEOs running rampant on young black men in the community. You know what? For all of these people that have these outrageious stories, I say prove it. File a complaint. Let the DOJ investigate. Perhaps there may be a case or two, but I would be willing to bet that there is much more to the stories these people are telling. Take for instance the guy walking down the street in an "innapropriate way" or something to that effect. I would be willing to bet there is more here. Also, they say he never got his bond back. I wonder why. Did he not go to court? They can't just be keeping people's bonds now, can they? If it was truly a bond, I would imagine the bondsman would have a problem with that, don't you think? Or was it bail? I'm confused.

You want to know one thing that is consistently missing from every single complaint I have heard from the Ferguson residents? One single complaint against ODW, outside of the shooting. Still not one. No harrassment. No racism. No abuse of authority. NOTHING. They aren't even trying to make stuff up. You know why? Because under all of this scrutiny, with the DOJ right there in front of them, they know they have NOTHING.

Because most of the stuff that stays in the municipal court is smaller stuff, they are typically cash only bonds. Cannot use a bail bondsman. I could be wrong, but I think in order to be able to retain the bond, there has to be a bond forfeiture hearing or a court order assessing the final fines, which can be paid from the bond.

It sounds like there is something, according to DMac. We just aren't hearing it in MSM. Now, if there is merit to them, who knows, but that doesn't make them "nothing".

OMG, heaven forbid the "Canfield Clan" should get riled up. God forbid this viper's nest should be upset enough to riot, loot, shoot at police, throw molatov cocktails, bricks, hold up traffic, target innocent people, burn down buildings, and set fires. As far as I'm concerned this disgusting hell hole needs to be razed to the ground, just like the other hell holes of poverty, ignorance, and violence have been.

It's time we stopped pretending there is hope/help for conclaves of crime, and call it like it is. These people do not seem to want rehabilitation, they like it like it is, they thrive on emotion and lawlessness. One excuse to riot is as good as another.

FWIW, I hate police violence. I had a run in many years ago, and was totally against LE, but that was a different story - just telling it so you know LE haven't always been MY favorite people. However, in this case I'm 100% behind OW. Each case, even the one above, needs to be judged on it's own merits.

:cow:

Before you go tearing down people's homes, are you 100% certain that 100% of the people there are criminals? Or is there a chance you could be razing good people's homes too? I do agree that SOME there don't want rehabilitation though.

Thanks and it's not. I also think it's only a scare tactic to try to get people to not buy tickets. The reality is that anonymous is a bunch of fools and deserve to be arrested as much as anyone.

People tend to feel empowered sitting at home in front of computer screens or typing into their phones. They feel as though they are hiding behind a cloak of anonimity. But they are not. They forget that it is actually fairly easy for them to be traced. So the people posting all these threats, "warnings," "promises," or whatever else they want to call them might find themselves waking up to a loud bang on their door and facing a lot of serious questions and consequences. The sooner some examples are made of some of these posters, the sooner others will get a clue and stop.

Oh, I couldn't eve make out what the picture was :giggle:

The memorial in the middle of the road is too much. The only reason that some are commenting is b/c it represents one more way the mob is running the show. There is no way the memorial isn't breaking laws/ordinances, and we've already witnessed what can happened from such a display.

As for the meeting last night. It makes zero sense that there were a significant number of people who left while having legitimate complaints. People have been screaming, demanding, rioting for the chance to be heard. The DOJ, with the full support of the POTUS, are willing to listen, and help bring about meaningful change. Very few are ever given such an opportunity. The only conclusions I can draw regarding so many people leaving are:

1) they really have nothing to say/complain about or
2) they'd rather voice their grievances through violence, with little to no chance of effecting change

JMO

OR:

3. They've already spoken to the DOJ
4. They'd rather speak to the DOJ in a more private setting.

Coincides with the Cards play-off game/s and the Rams Monday-Night-Football weekend. Tells me the "movement" can't attract enough people on their own, so they're piggy-backing on the ready-made sports crowd.

Twenty or thirty complaints and here come da big DOJ boys. I'll betcha more than half of these complaints are auto related or being "disrespected". Disrespected is a BIG word in the black community, one I could never figure out when they treat others abominably.

If anyone speaks out against thugs, well you know, "snitches get stitches". This town seems to adhere to the street code in black areas all over the United States. The only time I saw it broken was Chicago/Detroit? when that little girl was shot in her own front yard. Then I heard the culprits had broken the code. Disgusting. Even more disgusting to defend this mindless violence by people with no jobs, no education, and nothing better to do.

And I agree things should be changed. They need to raze that bastion of ignorance and violence. Who needs or wants it? All children in America have had the same chance of an education. Why should anyone be held hostage by those who don't want it, and create an atmosphere were no one else can learn either? Clean out the rat's nest and Ferguson may become a decent place to live once again.

:cow:

I agree and will broaden it that people are too worried about taking care of their own. Thugs protecting thugs. Doctors protecting doctors. Lawyers protecting lawyers. Cops protecting cops. Same chance of an education? Not even close. And that coming from one whose kids are on the positive end of that spectrum but I can admit that my kids are getting not only a better education at their private school than one gets at Normandy or wherever but they also have it with the luxury of being able to rid themselves of a environment around them.

“What happens usually is the investigation is completed,” he said, “The police will get all the witnesses compiled, all the evidence, get transcripts of recorded witnesses. It will be completed and then it’s presented to us.”

We could have people say that’s not what the witnesses said. Now we have the witnesses speaking directly to the grand jury.”

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverag...y-delay-in-Officer-Wilson-case-277000981.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia