MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, where does Holder's resignation leave the mess in Ferguson?

Chief Jackson's apology video:

http://news.msn.com/us/ferguson-chief-apologizes-in-video-to-brown-family

I hope this will soothe some of the resentment to the department.
(I also hope to see a unicorn out my window today.)

My little friend agrees

tumblr_lh5uisPwVG1qafrh6.gif

I think they've moved beyond a fed investigation of MB's death to now calling for a fed investigation of "racial violence by police" in general. There are much better spokespeeps out there for that imo.

So, all police should now be investigated because they question the actions of one. I'm betting they'd vehemently disagree with the premise that all young black men should be investigated due to Michael's actions.

So, all police should now be investigated because they question the actions of one. I'm betting they'd vehemently disagree with the premise that all young black men should be investigated due to Michael's actions.

Thanks button wasn't enough.

SnoopDD, Prayers, positive thoughts and good energy to you. :heartluv:

Officers on the ground depend upon the one perched above them to return fire should someone be shot, the chief explained. He said he had an obligation to protect his officers from harm as best he could.

He said he instructed tactical units to remain off site the first night of rioting, until commanders at the scene reported that officers were encountering gunfire and being targeted by rocks, cinder blocks and Molotov cocktails.

“We responded to gunfire with tear gas,” Belmar said. “Regardless of the optics on tear gas, it prevented us from having to take a life or having one of ours taken.”

He said his officers used only tear gas, pepper balls that emit pepper-spray-like powder when they strike, and sting balls, which deliver bright flashes and rubber pellets to cause disorientation.

Board member Laurie Westfall asked why police stood by at one point, after the Missouri Highway Patrol had assumed command of the operation, and watched as businesses were looted.

Belmar said the initial thinking was that property wasn’t worth a violent confrontation.

But, he added, “We understood after that evening that’s not sustainable. You can’t have 200 police officers who have taken an oath stand in a line and watch that happen.. ... These are minority-owned businesses. We cannot afford to sit back. Protecting property is part of this, too.”

Tactics then began to change, Belmar said. Arrests increased. Officers donned riot gear.

Belmar said police made about 200 arrests in just one night. He said his officers logged $2.4 million in overtime and county police vehicles suffered more than $100,000 in damage.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_4a37ed8f-5654-544f-862b-16dcdca2cfa9.html

Sad to Mr.Holder go hope we have someone else who cares this much about civil rights

Comments per NPR reporter at Press Club:

Sharpton on #Ferguson police choef's apology "a little insensitive" and "too little, too late"
https://twitter.com/amrutatrivedi/status/515160988942098432

Marc Morial: "our fight has never been for an apology. The fact that apology was made while we are in DC is a PR stunt"
https://twitter.com/amrutatrivedi/status/515161235831394304

Of course it was a PR stunt. Public Relations is, after all, a real profession and the DOJ does have a team in Ferguson crafting strategy. The timing of the announcement of Holder's resignation is no coincidence, either. It's the much, much bigger story in today's news cycle and that's why Sharpton is p'off. And behind the scenes I have no doubt they will be booting thugs out of those subsidized apartments.

JMO

I can't see the whole story. Did they mention that gal who was upset that the conditions at the jail were not up to her specifications?

:)

You mean the one on her period when she was arrested and had to pay for her own maxi pads?

Nope, they didn't mention her in the article :shame:

So, where does Holder's resignation leave the mess in Ferguson?

Chief Jackson's apology video:

http://news.msn.com/us/ferguson-chief-apologizes-in-video-to-brown-family

I hope this will soothe some of the resentment to the department.
(I also hope to see a unicorn out my window today.)

I don't believe he satisfied anyone with that apology. I believe he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut and maintaining whatever dignity he had left after the way things went down. I'm wondering if "someone" thought it would be a good idea for him to do. He didn't look happy to me.

:cow:

Ok, too funny. Anthony Shahid is back to posting on twitter his usual racist invectives.

But he just posted this:
@anthonyshahid1
Amerikkka should address its on problems at home instead of dealing with terrorist abroad. Can u say ISIS? pic.twitter.com/Y694YMkRl1
https://twitter.com/anthonyshahid1/status/515141547784822784

And what picture does he post as a problem at home? This one.

View attachment 59881

So by spelling America the way he did, he means the white population that he equates with the KKK, yes? And he really needs to be careful what he's asking for. His own "people" (those that are NOT peaceful protestors) have shown themselves to be terrorists here on American soil. Does he really want our government to start dealing with the homegrown terrorists first? Perhaps they should begin with him. As far as ISIS goes.....the NOT peaceful protestors have proven themselves to be right on par with ISIS. Calling for the death of a man that has not been found to be guilty, burning down buildings, shooting others, making unreasonable demands, proving that they hate America except for their own kind, terrorizing innocent people simply because of the color of their skin and/or the uniform they wear and the list goes on.

He really needs to sit down and shut the hello up before he finds himself wearing a lovely set of silver bracelets.

MOO

"We saw in surveillance camera, two individuals come up and pour gasoline down," said General Manager Steve Doerr. Authorities put out a fire in a trash can before it could spread.

At Ferguson Super Service, a tow company, the owner said somebody threw three Molotov cocktails made out of liquor bottles and beer bottles through a window. The cocktails never did go off but they did damage a car and the owner dsif this is the fifth time his place has been vandalized since Michael Brown was shot.

Michael Brown's mother...tells Newschannel 5 she believes the fire was set intentionally
http://www.ksdk.com/story/local/2014/01/01/16175387/?storyid=16175387

End of video shows surveillance tape of looters in Beauty Town. I hope the resident trying to help looted businesses isn't targeted.

I don't know why all the resistance to a memorial, but accepting your distinction as a legitimate one:

After the Boston bombing
View attachment 59868

Another view in the street
View attachment 59869

I submit there is a big difference in the bombing in Boston & the death of MB in Ferguson.

And, I believe you'll find the whole block in Boston was barricaded because of the danger of the damaged buildings. The memorial was large but out of the way of traffic. And I bet there was no cheap wine or cough medicine or rolling papers left in tribute at the Boston site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member