MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
? So, 3 autopsies? State, Family(Baden), and Federal? JMO

I just read on Reddit that the first half of the video was played on CNN. They left out the bums rush, doubling back, etc...

Shocking right?

Pfffft !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they ought to have that woman who was the ME for the Christian/Newsome murder trials.

What she says is gold. You can take it to the bank.

I agree 100%. She was cross-examined extensively, which strengthened her testimony.

Gee, why am I not shocked the Feds would have preferred to keep the public ignorant and in the dark?

Personally I am thankful I saw that video. It certainly.

What's next? Offer the officer up to appease the crowd? A little sacrificial lamb? I certainly hope not.

Imo

First, Capt. Johnson whined that he was not told about it beforehand and now this. I'd like to know why the feds shared this tidbit with the media at all. What do they hope to accomplish? All of these LE agencies need to quit their bickering in public. It just fans the flames.

JMO

This is the issue in a nut shell. In the bystander video there is a convo early on between "camera guy" and another bystander.

Bystander: "he was shot even after he was down"
Camera guy: what, they shot him after he was on the ground?!"
Bystander: "well, that's what someone said."

The bystander guy makes that statement as fact, yet in reality he's repeating what "someone said." He doesn't even state that someone told him directly.

Heresay at its finest, and sadly this is what the protesters are reacting to.

Eta:

Just to clarify, this is not the convo that is also being discussed later in the video.
bbm

Bb,
Thanks for pointing that out.

St.Louis Public radio "St Louis on the air" will have a legal panel discussion of the shooting and aftermath on Monday at noon (central time, I presume). I will be listening. Hope others here do,as well. JMO

Fwiw, I saw in an article yesterday, (sorry, can't find which one), that Officer Wilson's SO is LE also. Someone else may recall seeing that.

JMHO
fran

Just curious...If Officer Wilson is married, and his "family" is in hiding, who is this "significant other" that is talking to people so that they will give out interviews ("Josie" for example....) The statements are iterations of what the "significant other" has told them. Bizarro. JMO

Wilson now lives in Crestwood, a quiet middle class and almost entirely white suburb of St Louis in a ranch style house with a pool out the back.
According to public records he got divorced last year and moved into his current home with his new girlfriend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...6-two-years-younger-victim.html#ixzz3AfJI1GnF

Such a stellar group

Re: Black Panther Group Years ago they were credited with starting the free school lunch program. The newbies need to get back to doing more productive things with their time.

If they were to hurt/kill D. Wilson --- that shows they are no better than the police they so dislike.
Wilson needs to be dealt with in the manner of DUE PROCESS ; if he did something wrong or overstepped his boundaries in the line of duty.
We have laws in this country for a reason. If people don't like it and want vigilante/mob justice ; they can go live in some country that is lawless and chaotic.
:moo:

Thankfully, Wilson is alive to receive due process. MB on the other hand, is not.

Someone posted it on the last thread. You can also hear people repeating stuff they heard, as fact.

It's all really very childish / teenager like. It appears many of these adults have not matured emotionally.

About two years ago a husband was holding his wife & children hostage in my neighborhood. Police were everywhere, SWAT and huge amoured vehicles were everywhere. There were sharp shooters on rooftops!
The teenagers ( my son included) were out front swapping tales about what they had "heard" but doing it as though they had first hand knowledge.

It's was all really exciting I suppose to teen boys. I had to yell and threaten children that weren't even mine because they wanted to SNEAK PAST the police line to see what was going on. Most wanted to appear to the others that they were the authority and in the know.

The truth was... No one knew what was happening until way late that evening when it was all over.

That's what this reminds me of....

IMO

It was released because of multiple FOIA requests. Apparently, there is no exemption that applied to the release of this information. So I am not understanding why Capt Johnson or anyone felt the need to criticize the release, why address it at all imo. (robbery video)

Fwiw, I saw in an article yesterday, (sorry, can't find which one), that Officer Wilson's SO is LE also. Someone else may recall seeing that.

JMHO
fran

Wilson now lives in Crestwood, a quiet middle class and almost entirely white suburb of St Louis in a ranch style house with a pool out the back.
According to public records he got divorced last year and moved into his current home with his new girlfriend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...6-two-years-younger-victim.html#ixzz3AfJI1GnF
Yes, I wish they hadn't named her.
:scared:

It was released because of multiple FOIA requests. Apparently, there is no exemption that applied to the release of this information. So I am not understanding why Capt Johnson or anyone felt the need to criticize the release, why address it at all imo.

Some feel he should have waited until a court injunction issued told him to release it. Those who opposed it was due to it being inflammatory and would ignite the embers burning..

Which is did..

Trying to offer this video up as a reason to justify the officers actions, is why people are outraged. Only if you live in Ferguson as an African American could anyone really grasp their anger...is my belief.

I think they ought to have that woman who was the ME for the Christian/Newsome murder trials.

What she says is gold. You can take it to the bank.

I read yesterday that Baden was conducting second autopsy for the family...what happened?

Not as a sacrificial lamb, if wrong doing did occur, I'd hope that justice is what people seek.

If this was indeed a 'bad shoot', the officer needs to answer for his actions, no one is above the law..IMO

True.

But it seems if the truth is that it was a justified homicide, will the protestors accept that?

I just don't believe that officer open fired and killed him for "no reason"

It's all really very childish / teenager like. It appears many of these adults have not matured emotionally.

About two years ago a husband was holding his wife & children hostage in my neighborhood. Police were everywhere, SWAT and huge amoured vehicles were everywhere. There were sharp shooters on rooftops!
The teenagers ( my son included) were out front swapping tales about what they had "heard" but doing it as though they had first hand knowledge.

It's was all really exciting I suppose to teen boys. I had to yell and threaten children that weren't even mine because they wanted to SNEAK PAST the police line to see what was going on. Most wanted to appear to the others that they were the authority and in the know.

The truth was... No one knew what was happening until way late that evening when it was all over.

That's what this reminds me of....

IMO

I think the younger people in that area feel they are now part of something big and they want the attention to last.

It appears that there is at least one and maybe more large apartment complexes on Canfield that are a hotbed of poverty and thus, crime, in Ferguson. When people live in such concentration and close proximity, they feed off each other's stories and it gets ramped up. Cabrini Green in Chicago is no more and that's a good thing. If nothing else comes of this, maybe Michael Brown's death will achieve change that will better the lives of that community and he'll be remembered for that.

JMO

JMO It is important to stick to the primary issue which I believe is whether or not the shooting and killing of MB is justified. All of the peripheral events may well be issues in themselves, but they afford us no answers to the primary question. All reports directly relating to the shooting incident, all (3) autopsies and all witness statements must be considered. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo