MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#MikeBrown's family and attorneys will host a news presser at 10:30 ET, @attorneycrump tweets #Ferguson

What is sad is the people with the power to tell the entire truth, the media, have forsaken their ethics and morals. Jmo

FOX News speaking out about the comments made by Johnson yesterday... apologizing to the family, his black son etc

What is sad is the people with the power to tell the entire truth, the media, have forsaken their ethics and morals. Jmo

Yes, I find most of them reprehensible. My favorite local coverage on this is the Jamie Allman show on www.91talk.com, going to my studio and will turn that on now.

FOX News speaking out about the comments made by Johnson yesterday... apologizing to the family, his black son etc

Wow....he thinks this is going to make it better huh?

Earlier in the day, Johnson said he had met members of Brown's family and the experience "brought tears to my eyes and shame to my heart."

"When this is over," he told the crowd, "I'm going to go in my son's room. My black son, who wears his pants sagging, who wears his hat cocked to the side, got tattoos on his arms, but that's my baby."

Johnson added: "We all need to thank the Browns for Michael. Because Michael's going to make it better for our sons to be better black men."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/1...-reveals-that-was-shot-six-times-report-says/

What? Does anyone else see this? Owner so terrified of repercussions for the community he has his lawyer say they didn't call police when they were robbed? This needs to be a story. This needs to be on the table for what is so wrong in this community. Bullying, intimidation. It is acceptable to steal in this community. No wonder they think MB is innocent. Smh

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...cops-on-ferguson-teen-michael-brown/14138121/

I am sure Johnson (and Nixon) thought they would have an "automatic default win" after changing tactics. Usually rioters get tired after 3-4 days and stop, and if that had been the case Johnson would have looked like a HERO and shamed the Police Chief without really doing anything.

Now the national guard is being called out. Guess the "demilitarizing" of the police force didn't make any difference after all.

I am also worried for Officer Wilson, I am afraid he will be offered up as a sacrificial lamb no matter how innocent he is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/u...-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html?_r=0

Dr. Baden said that because of the tremendous attention to the case, he waived his $10,000 fee.

The two medical experts conducted the four-hour examination Sunday at the Austin A. Layne Mortuary in St. Louis. Benjamin L. Crump, a lawyer for Mr. Brown’s family who paid their travel expenses, hired them.

The morning after the shooting, Chief Jon Belmar of the St. Louis County police said that Officer Wilson was leaving his police car when Mr. Brown “allegedly pushed the police officer back into the car,” where he “physically assaulted the police officer.”

“Within the police car there was a struggle over the officer’s weapon,” Chief Belmar said. “There was at least one shot fired in the car.” At that point, the police said, Officer Wilson left his vehicle and fatally shot Mr. Brown. “More than a few” shell casings were recovered from the scene.

Autopsy: The shots entered at an angle consistent with him leaning into the LEO's car. (Downward trajectory)

My thoughts are that of course he was no angel. But that doesn't mean he deserved to get shot let alone 6 times! It's frightening that a police officer did that and I hope he gets jailed for it. No we don't have all info yet, but the autopsy results are pretty damming.

Credibility Concerns in Missouri Shooting Probe

But under Missouri law, it "would be highly, highly, highly unusual" for a prosecutor to step aside merely because of racial tensions in a high-profile case, said Peter Joy, a Washington University law professor who directs the school's Criminal Justice Clinic. That's because in Missouri, "the buck stops with the head prosecutor" in each county.

Missouri law allows two avenues for outside prosecutors. The local prosecutor can ask for help from the governor, who can appoint the state attorney general's office to the case, or a court can appoint a special prosecutor if the elected one has a conflict of interest.

Police shootings don't automatically qualify as conflicts of interest and often are handled by local prosecutors.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/credibility-concerns-missouri-shooting-probe-25017846

My thoughts are that of course he was no angel. But that doesn't mean he deserved to get shot let alone 6 times! It's frightening that a police officer did that and I hope he gets jailed for it. No we don't have all info yet, but the autopsy results are pretty damming.

They are damning against the lying eyewitnesses and aren't damning against the police officer, that's for sure.

We don't have all the info but...

Seriously? Let's at least wait for the full autopsy, not to mention the investigation. jmo

The autopsy evidence fully supports the officers report and reveals the witness stories as obviously false.
He was not running away, he did not have his hands up and he was not shot in the back.
The shots run up his right arm to the top of his head, clearly showing Brown was leaning in through the car window.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member