MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a public official who has publicly declared a citizen of his state has no right to due process. His oath of office requires him to uphold the Constitution of the US and MO.

I do solemnly swear, or affirm, that I will support the Constitution of the United States and of the state of Missouri

He has just violated that oath, publicly. I'm just speechless at the number of supposedly intelligent "leaders" who are intentionally advocating the subversion of constitutional due process to curry favor. This also serve to further incite people by misleading the uninformed into believing that justice = indictment and thus any failure to obtain the indictment will be injustice.

I would be beyond livid if I llived there. Due process is just about most fundamental right we have. I also just heard Nixon used to be the AG of the state! He's a lawyer and the governor and he wants people prosecuted without going through that whole annoying indictment process. Now, if the officer is not indicted there will be further and probably more terrible riots because of what the Governor has advocated and led people to believe.

I have actually been listening to some FOX news. Believe me, that's pretty darn unusual. But they are the only ones who are consistently reiterating that the process is Investigation, GJ, Indictment, Prosecution-in that order. And prosecution only occurs IF probable cause is established and the GJ indicts. No one gets to skip steps here. For a Governor of a state to publicly suggest otherwise is just beyond the pale. I know I probably sound crazy but to me this is an unbelievable situation.

I am very disappointed with Governor Nixon's statement. I should clarify. I agree with some of it but the repeated references to helping Mr. Brown's family achieve and receive justice imply that the governor has himself already decided and is announcing that there was wrongdoing on teh part of officer Wilson.

If there was then I agree, justice must be sought. But his statement implies that has already been determined and if it has then the public deserves to how he or others in positions of authority have arrived at it.

To me it seems as if the deck has been steadily and deliberately stacked against Wilson in the name of restoring peace and I am not at all okay with that.

A retraction means it didn't happen. "Walking it back" means the reporter was not authorized to say it or the police source she got it from was not authorized to tell her. It was a terrible lapse of judgment on her part. Mission accomplished for the cops who wanted the info out there but her editors have to be fuming. Newspapers lose their credibility if their readers perceive they are in cahoots with the government.

JMO

Oh ok, I didn't know there was a difference. Megan Kelly definitely said, "walked it back" but didn't explain what it meant. The way she said it, it's going be perceived that the reporter was wrong/made a false statement.

With all due respect we have no idea what the officer thinks or believes. I just don't know if we know much about him except he was supposedly a good cop.. But I would like to know more about him.

I think that is the essence of the entire saga in Ferguson...we all want instant gratification and a particular outcome that makes everything all right. Unfortunately, life operates at it's own pace and isn't really interested in how we feel.

I'm sorry Wysteria, it is just so disheartening that you (and many others)can come to that sort of conclusion without knowing ONE thing about him...... Don't you see that it is that sort of assumption and prejudice that is causing the frustrations that lead to these kind of protests?
I do respect your opinion, I just wish more people could look for good in others before they assume the worst.... When this planet becomes a peaceful place; that is how it will be achieved.

That's okay. I respect opposing opinions as well. Peace to you. :daisy:

He is a public official who has publicly declared a citizen of his state has no right to due process. His oath of office requires him to uphold the Constitution of the US and MO.

He has just violated that oath, publicly. I'm just speechless at the number of supposedly intelligent "leaders" who are intentionally advocating the subversion of constitutional due process to curry favor. This also serve to further incite people by misleading the uninformed into believing that justice = indictment and thus any failure to obtain the indictment will be injustice.

I would be beyond livid if I llived there. Due process is just about most fundamental right we have. I also just heard Nixon used to be the AG of the state! He's a lawyer and the governor and he wants people prosecuted without going through that whole annoying indictment process. Now, if the officer is not indicted there will be further and probably more terrible riots because of what the Governor has advocated and led people to believe.

I have actually been listening to some FOX news. Believe me, that's pretty darn unusual. But they are the only ones who are consistently reiterating that the process is Investigation, GJ, Indictment, Prosecution-in that order. And prosecution only occurs IF probable cause is established and the GJ indicts. No one gets to skip steps here. For a Governor of a state to publicly suggest otherwise is just beyond the pale. I know I probably sound crazy but to me this is an unbelievable situation.

ICA. Especially BBM

And apparently so does Megan Kelly!

Wouldn't the governor be the one to commute any death penalty conviction in his state? Why should Nixon stay out of events in his own state? Because (lol) Megyn Kelly says so?

Mmkay.

FYI: Before a commutation can take place, there has to be an arrest and a conviction. Until then, the presumption of innocence prevails.

JMO

That's just the point... Why are you assuming the officer was assaulted and had his weapon stolen.... The only person who has said that was an anonymous caller on a radio talk show providing what they said was a 3rd hand account...

Daryl Parks, a Brown family atty said this tonight:

Megyn Kelly on now- Daryl Parks says there's no doubt there was a "in all due fairness", "serious situation that took place between the officer and Michael, without question".

-----so what does a 'serious situation' taking place between the 2 , mean to you?

I'm sorry Wysteria, it is just so disheartening that you (and many others)can come to that sort of conclusion without knowing ONE thing about him...... Don't you see that it is that sort of assumption and prejudice that is causing the frustrations that lead to these kind of protests?
I do respect your opinion, I just wish more people could look for good in others before they assume the worst.... When this planet becomes a peaceful place; that is how it will be achieved.

Imo, 9 days of live footage have convinced plenty of many things- good and bad. I can see why the schools lost their accreditation

I sense a definite lean here. I respect that and will keep my thoughts to myself. Even Sisyphus would find a new hobby. Y'all have fun. :)

You don't think MB could have been called over to the window and once he got there the officer grabbed him to subdue him? Lots of possible scenarios.. My point is that for some reason most here are assuming MB must be a ... Why? Cause he throws up gang signs in pics? News flash ..kids do this in pics all the time

News flash: mine don't, and neither do their friends.

Again, have Mods or Admin stated who we can consider the victim here?

I have never read a thread where there was so much leeway allowed on a deceased person without them having been named a POI or perp.

That has not happened here. I have asked mods several times about what is allowed, since this thread is obviously not like the others, but I have had no reply.

I wanted to just keep quiet, but this is just over the top. And it makes no sense. In one case a dead child's convicted molester dad is off limits because he is a victim. Why isn't MB afforded the same consideration?

Neither has been convicted in their relevant cases. But MB's juvie record is talked about often, where the SO dad and whole family is protected from any speculation or discussion.

I really want to know why?

Sorry if this is against TOS, but I asked for help and got no answer, and I went back and read the rules, and this thread is not compliant, IMO.

I hope I don't get TO'd. I really did ask, and read and re-read the rules. I just don't get it. :(

Please alert any posts in question and they will be reviewed on a case by case basis. :tyou:

Whoa, I just popped back after Dance Moms...looks like the 9 long days of protests have everyone at their wits end...

We all want the same thing.... The truth, pure and unvarnished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After his divorce last year he moved in with a female officer in same department. I saw an account that said they were jsut roomates, but in the scheme of things does not matter.

Wilson and his girlfriend, Barbara Spradling, left their home in Crestwood, a predominantly white neighbourhood some 18 miles from Ferguson, before he was named last week in connection with the shooting of Michael Brown.

But before they left, Spradling gave an account of the shooting to a friend, who says it is markedly different from the narrative espoused by Brown’s family and their supporters.
The friend of Spradling’s, who declined to be named, told the Guardian that Wilson admits that he shot Brown in the head, as confirmed by an independent autopsy performed at the family’s request, the results of which were first reported by the New York Times on Sunday.

.....Johnson’s assertion that Brown was shot in the back was not supported by the findings of the independent autopsy.......

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/18/ferguson-darren-wilson-account-michael-brown-shooting

From same piece:

St Louis County police chief Jon Belmar
said at a news conference on Sunday that when Wilson got out of his squad car, Brown pushed him back in, and a struggle ensued. Belmar said at least one shot was fired from the officer’s gun inside the police car.

An officer with the St Louis County police, who declined to be named, told the Guardian that Brown sustained an injury to his thumb at this point; the autopsy released on Monday shows that one shot hit Brown’s hand.

Brown was not shot while surrendering, but while moving toward Wilson in a threatening manner. Brown reportedly continued to move toward Wilson even after being shot, and did not stop moving forward until suffering a mortal wound to the head. “He just kept coming,” the friend said Wilson claimed.

One friend of Spradling’s believes the legitimacy of any evidence supporting Wilson’s version of events will be questioned by protesters.

Spradling told the friend who spoke to the Guardian that Brown initiated the altercation by striking Wilson in the face, leading to a struggle for Wilson’s gun that resulted in one shot being fired in the police vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01