MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the location of JR'S car in KY'S driveway on the Friday morning after the party been verified?
Or is that being assumed because of the video of the TV woman? (which would have been before the party.) I haven't been following this as diligently as I had been but I have to say, things sound very unclear at this point.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I find it strange that we have not seen social media photos from the party published in any MSM. Usually they would find those and publish them in the stories but I have not seen any pictures to confirm what Jessica was wearing that night.

I'm wondering if they aren't allowed to publish them for legal reasons. They maybe being used as evidence

https://www.facebook.com/KansasMissingAndUnsolved/posts/890057411094457

They are looking for volunteers for a new search. I live in this area.

Is this a Police search with volunteers or 100% a family organized search? If the latter, what are LE officially doing right now if not searching for her?

xwoodbine said:
I'm wondering if they aren't allowed to publish them for legal reasons. They maybe being used as evidence

This would almost certainly be the case in the UK but then again in this case we have seen the media publish the warrant reports quite legally which just can't/wouldn't happen here.

IMO ... The 9:30 pm timeline has been pushed into alot of the news reports that all vary
In the nights events.

Do feel comfortable that the text occured around that time as that can easily be founded
From JR's BF phone.

I was just on JRs mothers FB and on the 10th Sept she put up that someone had last seen JR in South KC at 11pm!!

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the screen shot or not.

But in the post she put up on the 10th Sept. JRs mother said 'last night'...well that would have been the 9th. JR went missing on the 8th!!!

I'm so confused

Has the location of JR'S car in KY'S driveway on the Friday morning after the party been verified? Or is that being assumed because of the video of the TV woman? (which would have been before the party.) I haven't been following this as diligently as I had been but I have to say, things sound very unclear at this point. Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
That video was from a show called Crime Watch Daily and it was filmed a few months ago back in the summertime. It was noticed later that the car in the driveway looked like the one JR drove, and there was a girl that came to the door when the woman was asking the grandpa about Kara Kopetsky. It was KY's grandpa that said he saw that car in his driveway on the morning after the party. You can see that video at this link...It's the second one included with the article, the reference to the part about the car starts around 1:15...http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/09/...g-acquaintance-charged-with-torching-her-suv/

I was just on JRs mothers FB and on the 10th Sept she put up that someone had last seen JR in South KC at 11pm!!

But in the post she put up on the 10th Sept. JRs mother said 'last night'...well that would have been the 9th. JR went missing on the 8th!!!

I'm so confused

Could simply be that she posted that in the early hours of the 10th? i.e. if she posted it just after midnight then she would probably still refer to the event as last night.

Do you know the local time of that post because that might clear it up or like you say confuse things even more.....

Has the location of JR'S car in KY'S driveway on the Friday morning after the party been verified?
Or is that being assumed because of the video of the TV woman? (which would have been before the party.) I haven't been following this as diligently as I had been but I have to say, things sound very unclear at this point.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The car was seen on Friday morning by KY's grandfather. The TV filming of the car there is a separate day/event earlier. That news video that aired back in June just confirms she knew him and had been to his house before.

If they were published to social media publicly by the person who took them it would be hard/almost impossible to prevent the press from putting the photos in an article. If they were on accounts that are private and the police confiscated the photo evidence from the private servers, I could see that being the case. It's just really odd to me with all these young teens and 20-somethings with social media and no one tweeted or fb'd or instagramed or snap chatted or whatever other forms of SM there are a pic from the party. Beyond the photos, were there any online discussions of the party that did not involve Jessica or Ky at all? Just a casual, "hey see you at *****'s house tonight?" Or a person who posted "**** was totally wasted last night at ****'s house" or "last night was fun, let's do it again." anything like that posted anywhere? I know we can't link to social media of people who are not the victim/suspect but you would think the press would find posts like that and try to interview more people who were there. The Daily Mail obtained the last text message JR sent her mom. I expected a paper like that would also dig up messages from others who would have seen Jessica that night. I hope LE is on top of things and has all these things saved up for evidence somewhere.

I think KY and JR headed straight to grandpa's house after leaving the party. That would be the most logical place to go. JR was driving and she may have thought she'll just drop KY off there but then KY has invited JR to the house or something like that. AY told that the car was parked there in the morning, so I think JR definitely was there too at some point. I also think she never left AY's house alive.

If the coworker's story is true and KY had scratches in his face in the morning, someone really resisted something he did that night. Those are typical wounds you get when you're strangling a woman. When the attacker's hands are tied to the neck of the victim will try her best to hurt the attacker in any possible ways with her hands. Women are taught everywhere to claw and scratch an attacker so they leave a visibles mark on the attacker's face that the attacker cannot hide. JR did a good job at that. Good girl!!

I think KY's dark side took over at AY's house when JR was there putting him to bed. If the things a former girlfriend has told is true, it's quite possible KY attacked JR after getting rejected. JR had a boyfriend at that time, so she probably turned down KY's proposals. And KY likely did propose something JR was not likely to accept - even at the party he was reportedly babbling about marrying JR and stuff like that.

Grandpa might not have heard anything, that really depends on how the bedrooms are located and if there's any insulation. Does anyone know if KY's room was in the basement or something?

I'm still wondering if KY did hide the body that night or if he just covered the body with sheets and transported it somewhere later.

I was going to say wouldn't AY have heard something? But then as folieadeuxnola just said...KY could have silenced JR with a pillow. On the other hand KY could have done something on the drive home. Ditched JRs body and didn't know what to do with JRs car at the time so just drove it to GPAs house.

But then again. If KY was as drunk as friends reported, KY probably couldn't manage to drive it. So KY probably did kill JR in AYs house. Maybe JR was helping KY into the house and KY started to come onto JR.

I'm so confused

That could have been a false sighting. When Kara went missing there were sightings of her too that turned out to be someone else who looked just like her. Hopefully police followed up with whoever told JR's mom they saw her. Unless it came from someone who knows Jessica, I wouldn't trust that info.

I'm so confused

Very interesting

I was going to say wouldn't AY have heard something? But then as folieadeuxnola just said...KY could have silenced JR with a pillow. On the other hand KY could have done something on the drive home. Ditched JRs body and didn't know what to do with JRs car at the time so just drove it to GPAs house.

But then again. If KY was as drunk as friends reported, KY probably couldn't manage to drive it. So KY probably did kill JR in AYs house. Maybe JR was helping KY into the house and KY started to come onto JR.

Ditching then coming back later ....

Could simply be that she posted that in the early hours of the 10th? i.e. if she posted it just after midnight then she would probably still refer to the event as last night.

Do you know the local time of that post because that might clear it up or like you say confuse things even more.....

I think you're right. I just looked at a world clock. The post showed as being posted at 2:09. I'm guessing this is 2am (GMT). I'm from the U.K. So I'm guessing FB displays GMT for me....worked back that's 8pm on the 9th. And JRs mum was talking about LAST night so that would be the 8th

I feel like it is most likely they went to a neutral location together that night - not grampa's, though I think it is certainly possible he could have strangled or smothered her there - the thing is, the warrant return didn't really indicate evidence collection of other bio fluids besides blood, and being swabs I took those to be trace samples. The media was able to film inside the room very quickly, so I just don't think LE thought it was a crime scene.

KY's social media and what we know about him seems to point to someone that likes abandoned places, ruins, parks or other spots that he has been to many times before or that may have meaning to him. Why did he choose Blue River Drive to torch the car? I think he knew it was rarely travelled at certain times of night or day, or there is a spot he likes to go right on the river near there. How far-fetched is it that they went to "park" or talk somewhere and he killed her there? I think that is the key to finding here - figuring out where they went in that first few hours.

I was just on JRs mothers FB and on the 10th Sept she put up that someone had last seen JR in South KC at 11pm!! I don't know if I'm allowed to post the screen shot or not. But in the post she put up on the 10th Sept. JRs mother said 'last night'...well that would have been the 9th. JR went missing on the 8th!!! I'm so confused
Ugh, me too! Confusion seems to be the name of the game with this case. There's another post on JR's mother's FB from the 10th that says that JR was connected to FB around 2PM on the 10th...None of this makes any sense. :gaah:

Isn't KY in court right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't KY in court right now? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, unless it was postponed and media wasn't notified it was supposed to be today at 1:30 I think. From what I understand, it was just supposed to be a preliminary hearing for the judge to decide if there's enough evidence to proceed with a trial.

Yes, unless it was postponed and media wasn't notified it was supposed to be today at 1:30 I think. From what I understand, it was just supposed to be a preliminary hearing for the judge to decide if there's enough evidence to proceed with a trial.

Would have thought the media would release something on it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee