MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kara Kopetsky's family hopes answers come soon at 10th annual Walk for Kara

BELTON, Mo. - Many things have changed in ten years, but not the community's support for Kara Kopetsky's family.

For ten years family, friends, and even strangers have walked the same stretch of 58 Highway in Belton, holding up signs all for Kara Kopetsky.

Kara is still technically a missing person. You know we're still waiting to get that answer, still kind of living in limbo," Kara's mom Rhonda Beckford said.

But this year's walk is different. Beckford says this was the last.

"Now with the new developments, with the remains, we're hoping that we see the light at the end of the tunnel," she said.

Beckford says she knows in her heart a second pair of skeletal remains found in rural Cass County in April is her daughter's. They're now waiting on DNA confirmation that could come next month.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...nswers-come-soon-at-10th-annual-walk-for-kara

Just bumping this for the sake of Kara. Each day I check hoping for an answer. I often find myself wondering where she would be today and which direction her life would have taken her. She would likely be a wife and mother now and moving forward in her life like so many of us. I hope more than anything that she's home now and at peace knowing that her justice is coming soon.

It looks like both of JC's cases have been updated per Missouri case net. I can't get it to link, but a synopsis of both are below for anyone interested in following...

For the 3rd degree domestic assault charges pending in Benton County:
JC was arraigned on May 2nd. He pleaded not guilty. A public defender was not appointed at that time.
On May 3 he posted a surety bond.
On May 9th, he appeared in court again without an attorney. A jury trial was requested. The case has been continued to November 30th and December 1st for a jury trial. A pre-conference trial has been set for November 7th.

For the traffic charges in Henry County:
A warrant was issued for JC on April 26th with a bond of $20,000 (cash only) attached.
On May 4th, the warrant was served to JC in Benton County.
On May 5th, he appeared in court for arraignment. He pleaded not guilty and is applying for a public defender.
A criminal court date was set for May 19th.

Back to KYs tats I need an explaination the fact that they are completely different. I have seen many cover ups but what hes had covered isn't explainable. IMG_2329.jpg

Literally completely different tats, styles etc. The black clearly look like prison work.

Back to KYs tats I need an explaination the fact that they are completely different. I have seen many cover ups but what hes had covered isn't explainable.
attachment.php

I think we're seeing two different arms in the photos you've added. One looks to be pre-prision and has tats with lots of Buddhist-like symbolism. They're also in color. The tats covering his other arm as well as other parts of his body are where the prison tats with the mob insignia and demonic symbolism come in. There's a couple photos that are on his FB from last year that shows both arms.

You can also kind of see both arms here as he's being transported from Benton to Jackson County in September: [video=youtube;tT6alj2IEVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT6alj2IEVs[/video]

And in a photo here that also appears on his FB. http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/kylr-...ord-facebook-photos-raymore-missouri-charges/

Back to KYs tats I need an explaination the fact that they are completely different. I have seen many cover ups but what hes had covered isn't explainable. View attachment 116875
Can't figure out how the colors got covered in certain areas. I think imo tats are important. Because some tat out of remembrance for people. Negative or positive, it could've happened been covered for other reasons. Hiding incriminating arm ink.... or not at all. Possible just likes the pain. Or just can't decide on a body tat. Never know. Different people symbolize their lives and experiences in many different ways. Imo always

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Even if he changed the tattoos or covered something up, it doesn't prove anything. Even if he has a tattoo of something that reminds him of Kara, it doesn't prove anything and it can't be used in court to prove anything. Bet that LE has given them a good look, but unless he has a map of his crime scene tattooed on his body somewhere, or something like that, it's not going to be considered incriminating evidence. Many people get tattoos after a loved one has passed or gone missing.

Looking through his FB, I don't believe he's had anything deliberately changed. He still appears to still have the Buddhist sun on his shoulder, and the tattoos lower on that arm appear to be the same in more recent photos as they were in older ones. He now appears to have tattoos on both of his hands and the tattoos of course from prison that run down the other arm, his leg and across his chest with the mob insignia.

In my mind, if they show anything, it's the progression of who he was pre-prison to who he is today. IMO, they show identity disturbance, which brings us back to who he is on a psychological level as identity disturbance is a criteria of several personality disorders. Based on his tattoos, he doesn't seem to be really sure about who he is or what he believes in. Is he a Buddhist or a Satanist who admires the work of the Italian mob? Kind of hard to be both, IMO.

IMO, I don't think KY's tattoos really a relevant to any of his murders.

The only relevance they may have is in understanding his background and mindset. The fact that he believes he is evil enough to start tattooing devils all over himself is something the prosecution could use or have a witness testify to being told. The MOB tattoo in particular is interesting in that it can indicate former prison affiliations and help LE understand whether he has connections that would help him with this crime. I personally think JC was his primary accomplice though.

If I were the prosecutor, I'd leave the baphomet and demon tattoos alone. They could open a wide door for an insanity defense. I can just see that now..."He did it because he believes he's the baphomet...He talks to the devil...The devil made him do it..." UGH. I mean, I highly doubt he'll plead insanity, but he is a real piece of work so you never know.

His defense attorney may also fight to keep the tattoos from the jury. They don't exactly present KY in the best light. Also, they don't seem to provide any real, concrete evidence that he committed a murder. The mob tattoos are likely due to the fact that he got caught up with that mindset in prison and he got the tats to make himself look like a badass. Same with the demons. I really doubt he's ever going to give LE the real lowdown on his tattoos anyway so we'll likely never know what they really mean to him. I do feel sorry for anyone tasked with looking him over. Gives me the willies just looking at photos. In my opinion, LE needs to focus on hard, concrete evidence. I'm sorry but I just don't think this is it.

If I were the prosecutor, I'd leave the baphomet and demon tattoos alone. They could open a wide door for an insanity defense. I can just see that now..."He did it because he believes he's the baphomet...He talks to the devil...The devil made him do it..." UGH. I mean, I highly doubt he'll plead insanity, but he is a real piece of work so you never know.

His defense attorney may also fight to keep the tattoos from the jury. They don't exactly present KY in the best light. Also, they don't seem to provide any real, concrete evidence that he committed a murder. The mob tattoos are likely due to the fact that he got caught up with that mindset in prison and he got the tats to make himself look like a badass. Same with the demons. I really doubt he's ever going to give LE the real lowdown on his tattoos anyway so we'll likely never know what they really mean to him. I do feel sorry for anyone tasked with looking him over. Gives me the willies just looking at photos. In my opinion, LE needs to focus on hard, concrete evidence. I'm sorry but I just don't think this is it.

I don't think his tats speak to his crime either. I just think they display the downward spiral of him. I really doubt he will get a first degree murder charge though. I think we will be lucky to get Murder 2 unless there is a proven aggravating circumstance.

Hi, first time poster here! I'm obsessed with this case and I'm wondering how his level of intoxication will come into play. Does anyone have any thoughts about it? Will it help in a conviction or hinder?

Hi, first time poster here! I'm obsessed with this case and I'm wondering how his level of intoxication will come into play. Does anyone have any thoughts about it? Will it help in a conviction or hinder?

I'm honestly not sure, but I'd say a jury wouldn't care whether or not he was under the influence. Not only because he's done this twice (that we know of) but he also tried to cover it up, which I would think would make the jury realize he knew what he was doing, and was in control of his actions whether or not he was sober.

:greetings::welcome: Welcome to WS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member