MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would check the East side of the lake (Longview) in an area that might have lots of curves..between the areas of the picnic area and Shoreline trail. (I had a lot more to say, but should not.)

So here is what we need to map
1. where Kara went missing
2. where Kelsey went missing
3. where EH lives
4. where kelsey was found

AH did I miss anything?

Sorry, Indy. My computer shut down. I know you won't be able to get back to me until after 3:30 Indy time.

I think if we could map the loactions known in Kelsey's case including the pings and the location of EH work/home, Kara's school, home, and possible sighting. I think we would see almost a complete circle of activity and may be clearer what I am trying to get at. Who knows.

I wish they would check the East side of the lake (Longview) in an area that might have lots of curves..between the areas of the picnic area and Shoreline trail. (I had a lot more to say, but should not.)

SS, I wish they would listen to you. You were right with Kelsey. Giving me chills.

SS, this should be called in!!

I just posted this on Kelsey's thread #9 and wanted to be sure it was posted here, as well, because it's about the possible connection between Kelsey & Kara and if Edwin Hall could be involved in Kara's abduction.

Here's a link to the Google map I made, regarding Edwin Hall, Kelsey Smith and Kara Kopetsky.

Note: I do not know the exact location where Kelsey's body was found in Longview Lake Park area. I also do not know the route that was taken, so I just drew straight lines from location to location.

Here are some images from the Google map, so it's here on this site, as well as the external link provided above, in which there are more descriptions and you can zoom in and move the map, etc...

Map Legend:
4zbbx2o.jpg

Zoomed out to show diamond and square shading that surrounds the points of interest:
68i8thx.jpg

Zoomed in to the max where all the points are in the window (you can zoom in further at the link, but will have to move the map to see the other points):
4p4vbbq.jpg

If I find out the exact location (or at least a rough idea) of WHERE in the park Kelsey's body was found, I'll adjust the lines and stuff on the map.

Wow! What great work going on here. A reminder about the composite sketch in Kara's case. Let's not be so quick to discount it. It could lead to the perp. Wether it's Hall or not.

Here is what I posted previously about the sketch:

06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
SuziQ
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1528910", true);

I have to add to the sighting that resulted in the composite photo. It originated at an eatery or convenience store. It must of been a pretty podunk place to not have a video. Or the video was taped over. The first article I read about the sighting was on May 23rd. In that article it says the sighting was a "couple of weeks before". What does that mean? Did the people sighted her tell LE that that they saw her a few weeks back. that could mean as much as three weeks, IMO. Or did the paper not publish the info for several days? Start at May 23rd. Go back two weeks, that's now May 9th. Take away a few days for the above stated generalities, the sighting could have happened on May 4th. If the girl sighted was really Kara. Then I believe the sighting happened the day she disappeared as something happened to her that very day to keep her from using her cell phone and bank account.

Sorry, Indy. My computer shut down. I know you won't be able to get back to me until after 3:30 Indy time.

I think if we could map the loactions known in Kelsey's case including the pings and the location of EH work/home, Kara's school, home, and possible sighting. I think we would see almost a complete circle of activity and may be clearer what I am trying to get at. Who knows.

All of those maps that also included the cell tower pings were on the Kelsey thread. That's why I wish we had a forum for her because we'd have all that seperated and not lost on page 18 part 6, 7 or 8.

I can't seem to be able to edit my posts. I meant to also add that as of yesterday fox was still saying the sketch was from two weeks ago. I guess they are too lazy to look at a calendar. :doh:

Hall seems to have a preference for malls and schools, ie; Kelsey and Kara.

Diane Ulry told police she encountered Hall near Westridge Middle School just six weeks before Smith's kidnapping and only four blocks away from the Target store where Kelsey was kidnapped.

During her lunch hour, Ulry would take walks just north of Oak Park Mall. She said when she first learned of Smith's disappearance, she thought the surveillance video of the suspect looked familiar

http://tinyurl.com/3yujef

So here is what we need to map
1. where Kara went missing
2. where Kelsey went missing
3. where EH lives
4. where kelsey was found

AH did I miss anything?

There is a map with all of these points mapped on one of Kara's myspace website, it's either the findkarakopetsky myspace, or one of her friends from Kara's myspace Melonmouth08. Sorry, can't access myspace from work to verify or provide links.

Also, I have been conversing with a friend of Kara's by internet. I am keeping him anonymous because I don't want to cause problems for him or have a bunch of people start contacting him. He has answered alot of questions for me, which I have posted at CTV in Kara's thread. I use the same name there - StillHoping.
I intend to repost alot of that info here, but will not have a chance until this weekend.

I wanted to note that: Kara's friend feels very sure that Kylr Yust is involved in her disappearance, and he claims that he KNOWS Kylr was with Kara that day, even though Kylr has told LE otherwise and apparently has an alibi.

The Restraining Order Kara took out against Kylr was due to a situation where he kidnapped her and she ended up jumping from his moving truck about 3 to 4 miles later.

Thanks to you all for keeping Kara in your minds. I do not know her personally, but she deserves all the interest Kelsey has gotten.

SieSie, great work on that map! I've been looking at it all morning.

Seriouslysearching, I wonder if Kelsey was found at the west end of the lake? BTW, I like your thinking.

Stillhoping, Kylr would be the most logical suspect. I hope LE hasn't abandoned the Kylr aspect just because of an alibi. Here is a local story that's been ongoing for about a decade. Shows you how good alibi's are:

Jeppson is charged with lying to grand jurors when he described seeing Olsen and the other man the day Kiplyn vanished. Another count alleges he lied when he denied saying, or hearing someone else say, something about disposing of the girl's body.
In the other two indictments:
l Fellow Spanish Fork High School student Scott Brunson is accused of lying to agents by denying he had been approached about providing a false alibi and saying he never heard anyone talk about Kiplyn's disappearance.
Brunson denied a male had asked him to say they had been shingling a shed together that day. Olsen is accused of lying when he denied asking "Scott" to say they were shingling a shed.
l Garry Von Blackmore, a friend from nearby Salem, is accused of lying by denying ever speaking to anyone about Kiplyn's disappearance. In court, prosecutors said that two years after Kiplyn disappeared, Blackmore and another man asked a friend for help moving a body.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_3299325

SieSie, great work on that map! I've been looking at it all morning.

Seriouslysearching, I wonder if Kelsey was found at the west end of the lake? BTW, I like your thinking.

I believe Kelsey was found at the southeast end of the lake at the fork of two trails. The exact address they found Kelsey was 139th and Byers Road, Grandview, MO according to the Kansas City Star. com. (Sorry...wrong map!)

I just think it seems a reasonable place to look for Kara. It would make sense to go back to the same area with Kelsey if he didn't get caught before.

Stillhoping, Kylr would be the most logical suspect. I hope LE hasn't abandoned the Kylr aspect just because of an alibi. Here is a local story that's been ongoing for about a decade. Shows you how good alibi's are:

Jeppson is charged with lying to grand jurors when he described seeing Olsen and the other man the day Kiplyn vanished. Another count alleges he lied when he denied saying, or hearing someone else say, something about disposing of the girl's body.
In the other two indictments:
l Fellow Spanish Fork High School student Scott Brunson is accused of lying to agents by denying he had been approached about providing a false alibi and saying he never heard anyone talk about Kiplyn's disappearance.
Brunson denied a male had asked him to say they had been shingling a shed together that day. Olsen is accused of lying when he denied asking "Scott" to say they were shingling a shed.
l Garry Von Blackmore, a friend from nearby Salem, is accused of lying by denying ever speaking to anyone about Kiplyn's disappearance. In court, prosecutors said that two years after Kiplyn disappeared, Blackmore and another man asked a friend for help moving a body.
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_3299325

OMG, you just gave me major chills that you posted Kiplyn Davis' story. I have followed it for some time as I was born and raised in Utah. I think Kylr is the most likely suspect too. I just hope that doesn't make people lose interest if Hall wasn't involved. Do you have any "gut feelings" on this SeriouslySearching?

I wanted to note that: Kara's friend feels very sure that Kylr Yust is involved in her disappearance, and he claims that he KNOWS Kylr was with Kara that day, even though Kylr has told LE otherwise and apparently has an alibi.
I hope he isn't keeping this knowledge from the police. (I also would remind you to not believe everything this person tells you since you have no real way of knowing who you are talking to online.)

Could you ask this guy where people at his HS went to smoke and about the area around their 'smoke hole'?

I don't think Yust is involved in Kara's disappearance. He would be a likely suspect by the nature of his relationship with Kara and his past behaviors, I agree...but the police have cleared him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper