MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a post that I left over at the Kelsey thread, and forgot to cross-post over here:

post_old.gif
Today, 05:40 PM
Reannan
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1524982", true);
Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

Luke, I sort of agree with you, but those sketches and the location of where EH took Kelsey being so close to Belton are very odd coincidences. Of course, there have been a lot of odd coincidences with Kelsey's case. I had a thought since your last posting. It is a long-shot, and even I admit it is a bit ridiculous, but I am throwing it into the mix anyway. What is Kara was abducted by EH and is or was being held hostage someplace? What if EH headed towards where Kara was being held when he initially abducted Kelsey, and that is why one of the pings from Kelsey's cell phone is off? Maybe he was going to keep them together, or who knows what...... but something happened and he ended up going towards Belton to dispose of Kelsey. I know.....it sounds ridiculous, but if I had posted similar what-if's with Elizabeth Smart or Shawn Hornbeck, they would have sounded just as stupid early in the investigation. Ok.....maybe I need to go do something else for a while. This has consumed my day, and perhaps I am getting a big dingy. Love ya'll.....you are the best!

Heard that Kara parents are going to be talking with Geraldo in about 20 mins on FOX NEWs.

From the topix board:

karas_cousin

our family did all the same things the smith family did - huge groups of family, friends and volunteers met to hand out thousands of flyers... we BEGGED the media to get the word out but the news stations said that the belton police department had to release the story for them to cover it - so we begged them to do what they needed to do to get the media involved- belton police had a "gut feeling" it was a runaway case - never once did that make sense to us! the police didn't even check her locker for weeks - if they had they would have known her debit card was left there... there are hundreds of things that happened just like that. but what everyone should know is that kara has a huge family and every one of us has begged for the attention that kelsey and her family had - and thank God they did have the support. and it's high time kara gets the support she deserves!! God Bless all of you just talking about her case!! we will not stop until we find her!!

I'm watching Geraldo and will try to post as much as I can.

I am just not sure the person saw Kara 3 weeks after she went missing. Not that the sketch couldn't be right, but I am doubtful Kara was there, IMO.

I agree SS, but unfortunately it's the closest thing to a lead that anyone has heard about.

Why would she go to the extreme of not taking her debit card, cell phone, etc and then let herself be seen so close to home? That doesn't make any sense at all. And Carlos over at Steve's site (they were posted here too) put the images together and they are just way too close to discount ERH as the perp in Kara's case. One question though. Typically when kids go out to smoke at school they don't go out alone. Was anyone else out there with her? Someone must have seen something?? If they did are they just not talking? The theory of her getting into someones truck (Edwin) makes complete sense especially knowing that she worked at a mall. Why don't her parents organize a search party and search over at Longview Lake?

I am going to try and find her friends myspace where he is talking about her cutting school around 10:30 that day and no one wanting to leave with her and get in trouble.

Also, Geraldo said Kara did not get as much media coverage due to her disappearing so close to the time of the Greensburg tornado hitting.

But if she was leaving school wouldn't she have taken her debit card with her?

My daughter is not allowed to take her debit card to school due to theft. Did she have it at home? The impression I got was just that she wanted to cut classes for the afternoon before going to work. Did she have cash on her? I need to find that myspace and re-read it.

what i dont understand is why she would have called her Mom and asked her to bring the school book she had forgotten if she were planning on playing hookey.

what i dont understand is why she would have called her Mom and asked her to bring the school book she had forgotten if she were planning on playing hookey.

Good point, I forgot about that. Maybe she didn't have the books she needed for those classes and that was why she wanted to cut them? Did her mom take the books to school?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Until you have seen the number of teens that go missing "ON PURPOSE" as opposed to those don't...you can't distinguish...which is LE's exact problem. They have to legally follow the guidelines..I guess. (Those are outdated if I may so myself!) Anytime a child goes missing...we should look at it as a "Missing" not a "Runaway" first![/quote]

Kara's family and friends will be having a Support Rally on Tuesday, June 12, at 5:00 pm. They will be passing out flyers to surrounding neighborhoods and selling hamburgers, hot dogs, and t-shirts to collect donations for the Kara Kopetsky Fund. This rally is in Belton, MO at Cosentino's Price Chopper, at 1833 E. North Avenue (SW corner of 58 & 71 Highway). If you're in the area, please join them!

She picked up her book from the school office. And the a video shows her walking away, down the hall. Last official sighting. She could have snuck out for a quick smoke before returning to class. I haven't heard anything about her cutting school. A possibility though.

anyone know who provided the information for the sketch? where was it supposably they saw her with this individual? when?
blue

This is what is listed on Pale Horse Davis My Space in reference to her leaving school that day.

"Kara skipped school they day she vanished, she was last seen at 10:30 ish.

She called me and my friend, trying to get us to hang out with her.

We said *advertiser censored** off Kara, you need to stay in school, and not skip.

MAYBE, POSSIBLY, if one of her so-called friends would have kept her
from skipping, and helped her do the right thing, then maybe Kara would
still be around."

This is just a cut and paste of what is on his myspace about half-way down. I do not know if it was confirmed from any other of her friend her wanting to cut classes or not. Just a thought that maybe someone knew something or someone she was going to meet?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=7f122a1d-5171-42bf-87d9-7bc575b8f5b7

This is what is listed on Pale Horse Davis My Space in reference to her leaving school that day.

"Kara skipped school they day she vanished, she was last seen at 10:30 ish.

She called me and my friend, trying to get us to hang out with her.

We said *advertiser censored** off Kara, you need to stay in school, and not skip.

MAYBE, POSSIBLY, if one of her so-called friends would have kept her
from skipping, and helped her do the right thing, then maybe Kara would
still be around."

This is just a cut and paste of what is on his myspace about half-way down. I do not know if it was confirmed from any other of her friend her wanting to cut classes or not. Just a thought that maybe someone knew something or someone she was going to meet?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=7f122a1d-5171-42bf-87d9-7bc575b8f5b7

I found him earlier and read a bunch of his posts.

In that post, he wasn't saying she DID call anyone. He was refering to IF SHE HAD called in a hypothetical way. Doesn't mean anything and we know Kara didn't call anyone.

I found him earlier and read a bunch of his posts. I don't trust him. If she had called him as he said, LE would have released that info because it would have meant she planned to leave school. Her cell phone was in her locker when she went missing and it makes absolutely no sense that she called anyone. So whatever he is trying to sell...I am not buying.
Honestly SS, I dont think they did much to try to find her.:furious: They just said she ran away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member