MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can now see the resemblance where I couldn't before. The steps that the artist goes through for each individual thing combined with the persons recollection of detail in those new illustrations make me think it's him. The overall ending result is what I saw before and thought there was no resembance. They got the eyebrows spot on, chin and lips almost identical, nose is pretty close too. If you think about how they come up with these by witnesses saying the nose is wider, eyebrows higher, etc. the individual characteristics do match.

Thing that threw me off for a bit was the ears. In the picture of the guy his ears really stand out and Edwin Halls ears don't stick out but everything else is a pretty good match. I think he is the guy. Now if they can just prove it.

I agree. The sketch of the suspect linked to Kara looks so much like the nut case Hall. I hope LE is truly trying to resolve Kara's case...so tragic for her family. It doesn't seem to me from what I have read she was a runaway (even if she was, doesn't matter).
Prayers for Kara and family.

I wonder if LE has talked to whoever helped draw that sketch since Hall was caught. If whoever the person was who helped draw that sketch looked at Hall maybe she could either say it was him or rule him out. Doesn't that make sense?

I was just reading Tara's MySpace and something I read really struck me.

In some questions she was answering it asked what she was afraid of and she said....the dark and being alone. She is probably both of those right now.

It asked how she wanted to die...she said...happy. I doubt if she got that wish either. It is just to sad. I wish that creep Hall would confess and say where Tara is if he is the guilty party.

I can't believe the LE would have thought that any girl who looked like Kara would willingly run away with any guy who looked like the guy in the sketch or anyone who looks like edwin hall. She may have been with him at a fast food place, but not be interested in him as a boyfriend. No way.

You would be surprised who young girls will go with especially if they are looking for some good strokes from a guy. If the guy says all of the right things and especially if he is older I think that can grab a young girls attention. These guys aren't the best looking guys in town but they aren't the worst and they may have a great line. Edwin's wife seemed to think that he was something special. Depends on a girl's taste in guys too. I'd like to see what Kara's ex boyfriend looked like. He may be a homely little thing but she probably thought he was real cute. We just don't know about the taste of individuals. If it was Hall who got Kara he may not have grabbed her like he did Kelsey. Maybe he sweet talked his way into getting Kara to go with him. I just wish we knew if he is the guy.

Does anyone have a picture of the X boyfriend Kylr?? And YES the sketch and Hall look ALOT alike I was like whoa!..:confused:

Why would Hall keep Kara alive for weeks and kill Kelsey within two hours? It makes no sense. It just doesn't fit with what he is accused of in the Smith case at all.

I don't believe it was Kara the witness saw. However, it could have been Hall that was seen with another girl. That isn't out of the question, IMO.

I have seen his pic, but can't recall where. You can probably google it tho. He looks like a punk rocker...kinda edgy and has the 'bad boy' image...but he is in a band, I think. I know about a hundred kids that fit that mold and they don't kidnap people or kill them! He is just another musician with a bad haircut IMO!! Don't you remember being Kara's age and having a crush on the boy your mom would scream over you seeing?! Hmm..am I the only rebellious teen from our generation? LOL

I personally don't think her Ex-bf had anything to do with her disappearance and he has cooperated with LE to clear himself. The exes always look good as a suspect from the onset, but LE seems to believe this guy wasn't involved after checking him out thoroughly.

haha nope! You are not the only teen whose parents screamed over who you were dating. I think when my parents made a ''fuss'' over a boy it made me only like him that much more...weird too because I got along fine with my parents.

Why would Hall keep Kara alive for weeks and kill Kelsey within two hours? It makes no sense. It just doesn't fit with what he is accused of in the Smith case at all.

I don't believe it was Kara the witness saw. However, it could have been Hall that was seen with another girl. That isn't out of the question, IMO.

I have seen his pic, but can't recall where. You can probably google it tho. He looks like a punk rocker...kinda edgy and has the 'bad boy' image...but he is in a band, I think. I know about a hundred kids that fit that mold and they don't kidnap people or kill them! He is just another musician with a bad haircut IMO!! Don't you remember being Kara's age and having a crush on the boy your mom would scream over you seeing?! Hmm..am I the only rebellious teen from our generation? LOL

I personally don't think her Ex-bf had anything to do with her disappearance and he has cooperated with LE to clear himself. The exes always look good as a suspect from the onset, but LE seems to believe this guy wasn't involved after checking him out thoroughly.

You would be surprised who young girls will go with especially if they are looking for some good strokes from a guy. If the guy says all of the right things and especially if he is older I think that can grab a young girls attention. These guys aren't the best looking guys in town but they aren't the worst and they may have a great line. Edwin's wife seemed to think that he was something special. Depends on a girl's taste in guys too. I'd like to see what Kara's ex boyfriend looked like. He may be a homely little thing but she probably thought he was real cute. We just don't know about the taste of individuals. If it was Hall who got Kara he may not have grabbed her like he did Kelsey. Maybe he sweet talked his way into getting Kara to go with him. I just wish we knew if he is the guy.

I agree-I was a pretty rebelious teen too, and if the guys had a car (and hopefully money to take us out to lunch) we didn't care what he looked like if we wanted to skip school. Now I know how stupid that is, of course, but I was lucky-and me and my best friends were always together so if someone wanted to hurt one of us they had to handle 3 of us.

If Kara had left a full packet of ciggies at home, I doubt she would have had another packet at school. I've smoked for 16 years and never have umpteem packets in different places!

So, if she sneaked out for a ciggie break... who did she get one from?

I'd like to see what Kara's ex boyfriend looked like. He may be a homely little thing but she probably thought he was real cute. We just don't know about the taste of individuals. If it was Hall who got Kara he may not have grabbed her like he did Kelsey. Maybe he sweet talked his way into getting Kara to go with him. I just wish we knew if he is the guy.

He's not a homely little thing at all. In fact, Kylr Yust is very attractive, in my opinion, and edgy enough (they used to call it 'alternative' in my day.. haha) that a girl with a rebellious streak like Kara would be completely in love with and in fact, she said so herself on her myspace about having 'dedicated the last 9 months of her life' to him. To add to that, seeing the photos of Edwin Hall, with his tattoo, goatee and when his hair was longer and if he was wearing those converse sneakers he would be EXACTLY the sort of guy Kara would not only be attracted to but even feel 'safe' with as he seems to be a lot like her type and one tends to trust one's own type more.

In any case, here's Kylr Yust's photo.

If Kara had left a full packet of ciggies at home, I doubt she would have had another packet at school. I've smoked for 16 years and never have umpteem packets in different places!

Maybe A friend. We always did that in school, share

I still think it's odd though that she went outside to smoke alone. Even at work we don't go out alone and we're adults. We always go out with a friend or in a group. And as teenagers didn't we always do things in groups even go to the bathroom??? :)

I have looked and cannot find a link but I am pretty sure her Mother said Kara left her carton of cigarettes at home. [Not a smoker but I see people getting a long box with a bunch of packets of cigs?]

I have looked and cannot find a link but I am pretty sure her Mother said Kara left her carton of cigarettes at home. [Not a smoker but I see people getting a long box with a bunch of packets of cigs?]
Thats right Jade-her mother said she left a carton at home (carton has 10 packs in it)

Thats right Jade-her mother said she left a carton at home (carton has 10 packs in it)

That's why I'm saying I personally don't think she 'ranaway.' She left her clothes, cigaretts (her mom was gone during the day and she could have gone home and gotten them,) she left her cell phone in her locker at school, IIRC, and she hasn't used any of her $$.

It's not FREE to runaway. LOL, just ask my sis. She ran away three times. The first two times she came home within days. The third time she was gone for three weeks. Oh, we knew she was ok, just didn't know where she was. That is until the people she was staying with got tired of supporting her and called my parents to come pick her up.

Nah.....Kara didn't runaway, IMHO. She might have gone out for a smoke during school hours and been grabbed just like Kelsey. Or, that guy did look young, I never would have taken him for 26, and she might have thought he was a student and got in the car to hide her smoking and he drove away.

Once Ted Bundy would get the girls in a position he could do it, he'd knock them unconscious. That's why most of his victims were found beaten AND strangled.

I still think LE or the family needs to go back to the vicinity of where they found Kelsey and look for more victims. It's only six miles from where Kara disappeared.

Look, from what i understand, this guy supposedly worked nights and his wife worked days. I also understand he had started collecting 'scrap metal.' Well, the 'scrap metal' deal would give him a reason to be out 'cruising' during the day. Kara was at a high school, prime location to find a victim. It could have just been an 'opportunity' he couldn't resist. Girl alone while classes were in session.

IMHO, Kelsey is NOT this guy's first victim.

JMHO
fran

I am watching the memorial service for Kelsey and it has me thinking about Kara and her family and friends...I am hoping and praying that they can find some resolution in the disappearance of Kara and finally get some answers. Someone out there HAS to know SOMETHING...hopefully her story will be in the spotlight now that Kelsey's has been resolved.

I have to add to the sighting that resulted in the composite photo. It originated at an eatery or convenience store. It must of been a pretty podunk place to not have a video. Or the video was taped over. The first article I read about the sighting was on May 23rd. In that article it says the sighting was a "couple of weeks before". What does that mean? Did the people sighted her tell LE that that they saw her a few weeks back. that could mean as much as three weeks, IMO. Or did the paper not publish the info for several days? Start at May 23rd. Go back two weeks, that's now May 9th. Take away a few days for the above stated generalities, the sighting could have happened on May 4th. If the girl sighted was really Kara. Then I believe the sighting happened the day she disappeared as something happened to her that very day to keep her from using her cell phone and bank account.

Maybe A friend. We always did that in school, share

I imagine since she bought cigarettes by the carton, she was also likely not to be without them during the day. She probably had a pack with her as most who smoke and buy by the carton do. Perhaps the most important thing is that she may have, and we don't know for a fact, but she may have gone out to have a cigarette.

Lion

I agree with you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members