MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does FKK still come on here? Has anyone heard anything new from her? She has been so devoted to trying to find Kara, has gone to all lengths IMO. I just wish the family would cooperate more and let the help that IS available to them be utilized!

Does FKK still come on here? Has anyone heard anything new from her? She has been so devoted to trying to find Kara, has gone to all lengths IMO. I just wish the family would cooperate more and let the help that IS available to them be utilized!
She has not, and maybe now that is for the best. I sure dont want her to read this. I have not pushed her as I think she will contact me when ready.

I was raised in Olathe and just moved to Lawrence to attend KU. I've only seen ONE flyer down here at a bar called "The Hawk" but there was rude comments written all over it and it was eventually torn down. & I've not seen any others.

A poster at CTV said The Long John Silvers in Lee's Summit used to have one of Kara's posters in the drive thru window. It's gone now. The poster specifically asked the drive thru worker why they had taken it down. She said she didn't know and sort of acted like she had no idea what poster they were talking about.

WHY is someone vandalizing Kara's posters and taking them down? I see two reasons. A) Someone does not want her found B) It is a self centered immature person who obviously doesn't realize the extent of damage they are doing.

WHY ARE THERE NOT MORE POSTERS OF KARA ALL OVER KS & MO?????

A poster at CTV said The Long John Silvers in Lee's Summit used to have one of Kara's posters in the drive thru window. It's gone now. The poster specifically asked the drive thru worker why they had taken it down. She said she didn't know and sort of acted like she had no idea what poster they were talking about.

WHY is someone vandalizing Kara's posters and taking them down? I see two reasons. A) Someone does not want her found B) It is a self centered immature person who obviously doesn't realize the extent of damage they are doing.

WHY ARE THERE NOT MORE POSTERS OF KARA ALL OVER KS & MO?????
I dont have any idea!:mad: I am only hoping that you guys that are living there are putting them up! I will ask the locals at Kelseys to do the same!!

Side note, if anyone sees a poster that has writting on it however simple, please take a photo and post or pm to me. TIA!

I was kinda wondering if it was possible that she might have wanted to take off and got a ride with a truck driver? if that were the case, then there is one driver that is in jail in nashville that has murdered six woman over 6 different states, two of which were here in nashville. I sure hope that she is ok, she is a pretty girl and there are too many creeps in this country looking to harm these young girls. prayers that she is ok and that she will find her way home soon.

My stomach is in knots, just turned on the news and a body has been recovered in Lexington, Missouri all they are saying is that it is a female and they are working to identify. Please pray that it is not Kara.

Details in this case have been scarce. It would seems that other more high profile cases have dominated. Yet this case sort of reminds me of the one where a young woman had a crush on a security guard at her school and she moved in with him, living only a short distance from her home. She stayed indoors for a long time,years, and only surfaced much later. I was never sure whether she surfaced because the love glow had finally worn off or just what.

I wonder if something similar has happened in this case. Maybe she found someone to move in with and is living out of sight somewhere.

If the body was readily identified as "a caucasian woman," I doubt it is Kara. She's been missing for almost 3 months and if killed early on, she would be badly decomposed by now (skeletal). Or, if it is Kara, it would appear she may have been alive all these weeks. Interesting.

ohhh no!

I was really beginning to think the St.Louis rumor was true
I hope this is not her!

Woman's Body Recovered from Missouri River Last Edited: Friday, 27 Jul 2007, 12:30 PM CDT Created: Friday, 27 Jul 2007, 11:52 AM CDT Officials recovered the body of a white female from the Missouri River on Friday morning. Fisherman first reported the body near Missouri City, but the woman was pulled out of the water east of Lexington. Working 4 YouRelated ItemsVideos LEXINGTON, Mo. -- Officials pulled female body out of the Missouri River on Friday morning. Fishermen spotted the body on Thursday, and crews recovered her about eight miles east of Lexington, Mo.The Clay County Sheriff's Department took the initial call on Thursday around 8:15 p.m. The fishermen first reported seeing the body near Missouri City.Investigators said one of the men took video of the body, and then tried keep it from floating away with a rope.By the time they returned to the scene, the body had floated downstream.Missouri Water Patrol took over the search around 10:30 p.m., and found the woman 20 miles downstream in Lafayette County at 5:45 Friday morning.The only description of the body is that she is a white female. Officials are trying to decide who will lead the investigation, since the body was initially found in Jackson County. When it comes to identifying the woman, officials have a difficult task ahead."By the time a body surfaces, decomposition has started. So it's recognizable as a body, but as far as who it might be and distinguishing factors or anything on the body - it's unrecognizable at that point," Kim Davis, Missouri Water Patrol, said.Investigators are filing through missing persons reports to see if they can find a match.

I havent seen anything from LE suggesting that its here, just when I saw the news Kara is the first thing that popped into my head. Plus what kind of threw me is that it came on as breaking news interrupting a program, which they don't usually do for something like this. I was trying to figure out how close the location would be to Belton, one source says the body surfaced in Jackson County (which would be county Kara lived in) but was recovered in Lafayette County.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
Is there any reason to suspect the body is kara? Have L.E. hinted it may be her?

Copied from this link.
In memory of these murdered and missing women
Kansas City, Missouri
Lana Alvarez
August, 1997 reported missing.
August 31, 1997 body found in Missouri River.
Chandra Helsel
April 17, 1997 reported missing.
May 7, 1997 body found in Missouri River.
Linda Custer
February, 1997 reported missing.
April 23, 1997 body found in Missouri River.
Connie Byas
October 1996 reported missing
April 22, 1997 found in Missouri River.
Wilmalee Manning
July 31, 1997 body found in Missouri River.
Sherri Livingston
February, 1997 reported missing.
March 29, 1997 found in the Missouri River.
Christy Fugate
September 1996 reported missing.
Oct. 15, 1996 found in Missouri River.
Tammie Smith
April 2, 1998 body found in Missouri River.
Maria Woods
March, 1998 body found in Missouri River.

I guess we will have to wait until they disclose something about the body they found. This might take them some time unless they can go by clothing, dental, or something else to relate her back to an identity. Bless her heart, I hope she finds her way home soon.

From Belton, it is only a 40 minute drive to the point the body was first spotted in the river.

Stillhoping, those are disturbing. Have they linked any of those together, I wonder?!

Stillhoping, those are disturbing. Have they linked any of those together, I wonder?!

Not that I've found yet. I'm still looking. But I could not believe how many there were, and all within the same timeframe of about a year. It certainly makes me wonder about a serial killer being in that area at that time.
I know it is most likely not related to Kara, but I found it doing a google search for "body found in Missouri River" and I HAD to post it. It made me sick to see so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1