MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Kara's Mom made any statements to the media alone?

Not that i know of, but much of the stuff in the first thread the links dont work any more.

Thanks Indy! I am sure my thoughts are the same as yours!

I never meant to make you feel bad earlier, its frustrating.

Thanks Indy! I am sure my thoughts are the same as yours!

I never meant to make you feel bad earlier, its frustrating.
Honey you didnt make me feel bad, The truth made me feel bad.:blowkiss:

I wondered if they ever searched that area myself. I think I mentioned it a couple of times.

So any ideas about the stepfather? I know I hate to think this way, but the note bothers me for some reason. The one left on her door. If Jim had been around since she was 9 (another reason to look at him closely), why wasn't his name on the note, too?

Suppose Kara was being abused and it was the reason behind her "acting out". We all know this happens. Jim made the comment about it not being a "Leave It To Beaver" home which indicates trouble in the household to me...not normal...not perfect...not pleasant. He could have just said something like "typical teenage house" or something.

He was the one who called the mom at work, wasn't he? To tell her Kara was missing? He was the one who went out to Kara's job and waited for her, too...Not her mom which I thought was odd.

I think we need to retrace HIS steps that day. Could Kara have actually ditched school and gone home early...then run into her stepfather either before she made it home or even after? He could have been the last one to have seen her if that were the case.

I have been rereading everything I can find that he is quoted as saying and it has a bit of a hollow ring to it, IMO.

I think the same way SS. Something is just to strange with this entire mess. The biggest thing to me is someone is stopping the search from happening.

Sorry to say this but nobody in there right mind who wanted there daughter back would do everything in there power to prevent it from happening unless they have something to hide.

What we did was there are 14 picnic shelters we tried to use those as starting points and break up into groups then went along the trails look under as much underbrush and stuff as possible and behind all the shelters. Then there is the horse park and a good portion of horse trail was searched. There were alot of areas that we didnt get to at all. We didnt go by the damn, marina, boat ramp area, or swimming beach. I am not sure where shoreline trail is because it doesnt show on the map we used and marked up. There is tons of ground that wasnt covered thats for sure.

Brought this over from SS. Busy did your search include this area?

post_old.gif
06-13-2007, 11:29 PM
SeriouslySearching
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1531306", true);

I wish they would check the East side of the lake (Longview) in an area that might have lots of curves..between the areas of the picnic area and Shoreline trail. (I had a lot more to say, but should not.)

We were just curious anyway, Busy! No worries.

Shoreline looks to be on the lower east side of the lake above what looks to be probably shelter roads.

Sorry to say this but nobody in there right mind who wanted there daughter back would do everything in there power to prevent it from happening unless they have something to hide.

Maybe one of the KC locals can ask the local press why there had been no searches and the odd behavior?

Well, it would be one way to get some answers. The police dept. is very small in Belton and haven't fully investigated this one, IMO. The FBI has not been involved that I am aware of either.

From the beginning, I have felt like the ex-boyfriend didn't have anything to do with this. Then Kelsey came up missing and murdered, so logically it would put the spotlight on Edwin Hall...which turned up nothing in Kara's investigation. Who is left?

I don't think this girl vanished into thin air nor do I think she ran away to St. Louis or anywhere else.

The stepfather could have motive and opportunity. It mentioned he worked for UPS when he met her mom, but it didn't mention where he was the day Kelsey went missing. He seemed to be the first one to know she was gone and there were obvious signs of trouble between Jim and Kara (ie. the note).

I've went back reading many of the articles on Kara.
I'm just as perplexed as I was before I started. It
seriously sounds like her family feels the searches are
a waste of time / they're afraid of what might be found.

I do see where they intend to have a fund raiser. I wonder
what the money is going to be used for?

Yes, I wonder myself. I assume the parents would have to account for any money raised and how it is spent, but I don't know this to be true.

I've went back reading many of the articles on Kara.
I'm just as perplexed as I was before I started. It
seriously sounds like her family feels the searches are
a waste of time / they're afraid of what might be found.

I do see where they intend to have a fund raiser. I wonder
what the money is going to be used for?

Cheko, you may very well be right. I know from my personal experience that sometimes families don't search for fear of what might be found.

They are doing many fundraisers. I don't want to accuse the family, I really don't. Someone does need to raise these questions to people in charge, or in the media. It's becoming down right disturbing,imo.

I wondered if they ever searched that area myself. I think I mentioned it a couple of times.

So any ideas about the stepfather? I know I hate to think this way, but the note bothers me for some reason. The one left on her door. If Jim had been around since she was 9 (another reason to look at him closely), why wasn't his name on the note, too?

Suppose Kara was being abused and it was the reason behind her "acting out". We all know this happens. Jim made the comment about it not being a "Leave It To Beaver" home which indicates trouble in the household to me...not normal...not perfect...not pleasant. He could have just said something like "typical teenage house" or something.

He was the one who called the mom at work, wasn't he? To tell her Kara was missing? He was the one who went out to Kara's job and waited for her, too...Not her mom which I thought was odd.

I think we need to retrace HIS steps that day. Could Kara have actually ditched school and gone home early...then run into her stepfather either before she made it home or even after? He could have been the last one to have seen her if that were the case.

I have been rereading everything I can find that he is quoted as saying and it has a bit of a hollow ring to it, IMO.
Before I read on, I want you to know I was going to post the exact questions today myself! Not as well mind you, but the jist of it...LOL

We were just curious anyway, Busy! No worries.

Shoreline looks to be on the lower east side of the lake above what looks to be probably shelter roads.
Ditto Busy!! You are doing more than most! Maybe a couple people could go look there. Not a search but A nice stroll by the lake. The LE couldnt say anything then.

And here I thought ya might shoot the messenger on those! Whew!
Now you know how I felt when I posted that post about the parents!! I thought for sure you guys were gonna say Okay Indy its time for you to go!!LOL I think we all just need to realize to speak our mind, even if we might think the others might like it. I think we all here have a close bond through Kara, so I think it just works that way for us here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4