MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a choice...I read it and I pretty much have it there. Guess I will have wicked dreams tonite!

I don't know how the different water would affect a body, but remember the state that Laci Peterson's body was in after washing ashore after about only 4 months.

I don't know how the different water would affect a body, but remember the state that Laci Peterson's body was in after washing ashore after about only 4 months.

Did you actually see any of the aerial pictures? It was horrific. I cried alot in the Laci days. :(

I'd like to know if the salt water would make a difference also. I would figure it does, but would it preserve longer, or help decompose quicker. JMO

I was looking on the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children this is what they show for Kara
[SIZE=+1]KARA ELISE KOPETSKY[/SIZE]Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing DOB: Feb 17, 1990Sex: FemaleMissing Date: May 4, 2007Race: WhiteAge Now: 17Height: 5'5" (165 cm)Missing City: BELTONWeight: 110 lbs (50 kg)Missing State : MOHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: HazelCase Number: NCMC1072327Circumstances: Both photos shown are of Kara. She was last seen on May 4, 2007. Kara's ears are pierced twice. Her navel is pierced. Kara has a scar on her forehead. When she was last seen she was wearing a white tank top and jeans.

Didnt it originally say endangered runaway. There is also a young man 15 yrs of age missing from liberty since 7/14/07 and they use the term endangered runaway so its a term still being used.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet
just type her name in to pull up. This is a great site for information on missing children in all the various states.

I'm pretty sure you're right. That also said she was last seen wearing a white tank top and jeans, while on findkarakopetsky.com it said she was last seen wearing a blue and white polka dot shirt and jeans. The video of her at school doesn't show her top very well. It looks like it's grey to me, but it could be the blue & white polkadot, if its small polkadots, and it's just blurred together for me. Can anyone else see it better? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1W-Y0YJJnk

Regaurdless, it definitely wasn't a white tank top. This is information that should not be mistaken IMO. It could very well be used to ID her at some point. Between mistakes like that, her posters being vandalized and taken down, and some other things, I'm really starting to feel like this case has been blundered.

It doesnt look white to me either. Also looks like black or dark stripes. Good catch!!

Hmm all of these new developments are very disturbing. Kara is in my prayers.

I realize what they have said she was wearing at the time of her disappearance, but this is based on when she left school and what is on the video. If by chance she had made it home or somewhere else...she could have changed.

Here is someone who certainly did her part in helping to find Kara! This might have been posted previously, but I think it is amazing. Is she a WSer, I wonder?:

I live in Fairway, Kansas (Northeast Johnson county). I have two sisters who both live in Belton, Missouri. One sister is a neighbor of Kara and my other sister has a step-son who had a class with Kara. Naturally I was more than happy to pass out flyers to assist in the Kara search.

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/208822.html

Thanks, Busy! That is such a relief it isn't Kara.

There is another family going through the heartache of losing their own. <sigh> My heart goes out to them.

:( very sad for the family of this victim. Wonder who she was.

Now that we know the body found was not kara I reiterate:
Details in this case have been scarce. It would seems that other more high profile cases have dominated. Yet this case sort of reminds me of the one where a young woman had a crush on a security guard at her school and she moved in with him, living only a short distance from her home. She stayed indoors for a long time,years, and only surfaced much later. I was never sure whether she surfaced because the love glow had finally worn off or just what.

I wonder if something similar has happened in this case. Maybe she found someone to move in with and is living out of sight somewhere.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member