MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FKK,

I don't know if you are reading this forum anymore. But if you are, I want you to know that our thoughts are with you as well as Kara's family at this time. Even if it is not her, I know it must be devastating to wonder right now. Kara is still in our prayers and we are still pulling for her.

StillHoping

Seriously, some of you need my cell number so I can get update texts! While I do hope this isnt Kara, I have already came to terms on my own she wont be found alive. With that said, in a way I kinda hope it is her, as we would have an ending. I hope that makes sense to you guys, I know it does sound bad. I would never wish for her to be dead.

I was kinda wondering if it was possible that she might have wanted to take off and got a ride with a truck driver? if that were the case, then there is one driver that is in jail in nashville that has murdered six woman over 6 different states, two of which were here in nashville. I sure hope that she is ok, she is a pretty girl and there are too many creeps in this country looking to harm these young girls. prayers that she is ok and that she will find her way home soon.
I have also thought of her being a runaway many times. But I always get back to a 17 year old girl would have at least told one person. Maybe they didnt think she was going to do it. But still 3 months later, no one has said a word. There are also many other reasons but that is the one for me.

If the body was readily identified as "a caucasian woman," I doubt it is Kara. She's been missing for almost 3 months and if killed early on, she would be badly decomposed by now (skeletal). Or, if it is Kara, it would appear she may have been alive all these weeks. Interesting.
Two things though. If you watch the video at the link above it states that the body only of a woman was found. Race and COD would have to wait until autopsy. 2 I am not saying that it is Kara, but if she had been in the water only for 3 months I think you would be able to tell, I think. Does anyone else know this?

I don't see Kara getting a ride with a creepy guy like that truck driver! No way! She isn't stupid just young and impressionable. He would have creeped her out and she wouldn't have wanted anything to do with someone like that. I could see her taking off with Hall, but not some old, freaky looking guy. (Just a young freaky looking guy!)

I hope it isn't her either, Indy. I know what you mean, but we shouldn't give up hoping for the best possible outcome even if we suspect the worst...altho at this stage it is difficult.

Kara looks caucasion to me in photos. In the state a body is in after a short while in the water, it wouldn't be easy to tell anything really other than she wasn't African American or another race with notable differences. I don't believe this body could have been there for 3 months tho unless there was something to preserve it for most of that time.

By the time a body surfaces, decomposition has started. So it's recognizable as a body, but as far as who it might be and distinguishing factors or anything on the body - it's unrecognizable at that point," Kim Davis, Missouri Water Patrol, said.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

As the researchers expected, the corpses laid on the ground decomposed fastest, because they were most accessible to insects. Slowest to decompose were the bodies buried and immersed in water.

http://www.harpercollins.com/author...sbn13=9780060759827&displayType=bookinterview

Hmmm..maybe there is a forensic site we can find out more details from or a University site perhaps.

Not finding any specifics and...woah..it is very disturbing even reading about it. I think I will just wait until we see what the ME has to say!

I am a good researcher...but there are just some things I don't want to research! This is one of those..let me tell you! Ack!

I hope they give us some news before Monday or Tuesday, but I am doubtful they will unless the clothing is confirmed to be an identifying factor.

I couldn't find a real number of missing on sites dealing with MO/KS. I wish there were a real list compiled with current and up to date missing on LE's websites. They only listed 4 for the entire state of MO on LE's site! Rubbish!

I was looking on the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children this is what they show for Kara
[SIZE=+1]KARA ELISE KOPETSKY[/SIZE]Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing DOB: Feb 17, 1990Sex: FemaleMissing Date: May 4, 2007Race: WhiteAge Now: 17Height: 5'5" (165 cm)Missing City: BELTONWeight: 110 lbs (50 kg)Missing State : MOHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: HazelCase Number: NCMC1072327Circumstances: Both photos shown are of Kara. She was last seen on May 4, 2007. Kara's ears are pierced twice. Her navel is pierced. Kara has a scar on her forehead. When she was last seen she was wearing a white tank top and jeans.

Didnt it originally say endangered runaway. There is also a young man 15 yrs of age missing from liberty since 7/14/07 and they use the term endangered runaway so its a term still being used.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet
just type her name in to pull up. This is a great site for information on missing children in all the various states.

Yes, it did used to say Endangered Runaway. Hmmmm..I have never heard them use "Lost, injured, missing" before! That is odd! They also classify her as white.

Busy, the website you pulled up is nicely done, but there are only very few that pull up there. I couldn't find hardly any missing adults on it.

NCMEC Website doesn't have a complete list either, if you ask me. Either people aren't using it or something is off...because there are quite a few that aren't on there.

For MO, it showed 4 missing since 10/06 and for KS in the past 5 years since 10/04, it showed only 5. Kara was the last one to go missing in both states according to NCMEC. 2 went missing from Topeka and Wichita on 4/23/07.

Yes, it did used to say Endangered Runaway. Hmmmm..I have never heard them use "Lost, injured, missing" before! That is odd! They also classify her as white.

Busy, the website you pulled up is nicely done, but there are only very few that pull up there. I couldn't find hardly any missing adults on it.

NCMEC Website doesn't have a complete list either, if you ask me. Either people aren't using it or something is off...because there are quite a few that aren't on there.

Is Kara not white? I saw her missing persons flyer on the Walmart bulletin board here in Texas the other day. I didn't notice if it said lost/injured/missing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1