Found Deceased MO - Linda McLaughlin, 57, Sunset Hills, 1 June 2015 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am dissapointed in the lack of updated information on this case available. IMO I have been suspicious of the husband and the son since the beginning. The son released a statement in the beginning about claims made in the divorce being blown out of porportion in the divorce papers for reasons due to the settlement. It sounded to me like he was siding with his father and if that's the case he could very easily have been the accomplice.

For some reason, this case reminds me of the Amanda Jones case. She is missing from Pevely, Mo., about 30 minutes from Sunset Hills, her partner was a person of interest (with a handy dandy farm), her car was found but there was no trace of her. And for that matter, Lynn Messer, who disappeared from a family farm in Bloomsdale, Mo.

It would be interesting to know more about the bracelet that was found in the barn. Was it broken - fell off the arm or unbroken. Was it found in a place that would appear that it was hidden or was it found in a place where it could have come off and not noticed?

No new info? She hasn't been found? No searches being done? LE has just dropped the ball totally? What's up with this?

Hello all. I am a local. In fact I live about 8 blocks from Carondelet Park - there is water there but not very large and not very deep - no where to hide a body. The area where they found the car is about 3-4 blocks outside the park and is a quiet residential neighborhood without much crime. The media may be quiet, but I am the police know what happened and are just building a case to prove it.
I haven't been on this site since the Casey Anthony days so not sure what the rules are. I
know a lady who used to clean house for Linda McLaughlin and she has spoken with some of the neighbors and I'm not sure if I can pass that info along or not.

I too am local to this case...matter of fact the vehicle was found half a mile from my home. This is not a laid back or quiet community. This part of the City is rated as having the highest crime rate of any other district. And secondly, there is (are) several bodies of water within close proximity to where her vehicle was located. One being the River Des Peres which is at the top of the banks and then feeds to the Mississippi which is also very high due to the 10 days of heavy rain we had here right around when she went missing. So, if she would have run into foul play let's hope that the GPS that was found hidden in a drawer at her company provides more detail to police. I do hope they find her, alive, but everyday that passes the chances she's alive drastically decrease.

Just wanted to point out that Linda is the owner of the company and John is the general manager. Harm may have come to Linda because someone did not want to get cut out of the business and any $$ associated with it, but ex couldn't 'save' the business he didn't own.

http://fox2now.com/2015/06/03/family-pleads-for-information-on-missing-sunset-hills-woman/

A lot of people put certain assets in one person's name for tax reasons or during a lawsuit (or the threat of one.) He may have done this for convenience, never thinking a divorce could occur. Now she is holding it over his head. There is usually a lot more to a business situation than the paperwork.

With such differing opinions about the location of the car...I don't know what to think about that, but you locals, please keep us posted! T
This case has my curiosity up and I'm sure other WS'ers are curious about this outcome too. thanks!

I would like to know what they found in her car. Please tell me they investigated it for forensic evidence!

It sounds like she got home after dinner, was incapacitated, the vehicle taken to the business where the GPS was removed, then she was taken to the farm and hidden, then the "perpetrator" (coughhusbandcough) drove back to the city, abandoned the car, and went on about his life.

The upside is that he'll want control of the assets soon, and her remains will need to be "discovered" because he won't be able to have her legally declared dead. So she'll be found sooner rather than later.

Not really much of an upside, though. =( Her little grandchildren must be so upset and confused.

It's been almost long enough for evidence of her cause/manner of death to be "undetermined", so she will probably be found soon. Before winter I'm guessing.

View attachment 81121The upside is that he'll want control of the assets soon, and her remains will need to be "discovered" because he won't be able to have her legally declared dead. So she'll be found sooner rather than later.
Per public records for the St. Louis County Courts the spouse was appointed 'Manager' of the business back in July.

Vigil held for missing Sunset Hills woman
7967896_G.jpg

http://www.kmov.com/story/30643130/vigil-held-for-missing-sunset-hills-woman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member