MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you replace the screen after having done so? Plus turned on all the lights for good measure? And somehow evaded the notice of the dog both in their yard and the German Shephard next door? And very good point - why would you take the phones?

I am very good with animals so I probably would not fear the dog, if it is not barking at me yet and I am in the house, I am feeling more confident. The phones have me stumped. I have no idea bout the screen.

But the point of my post was to illustrate that a person with my build (not lithe and slender) could easily get into that window and quietly. Or out for that matter, but if I were holding a 10 month old baby I would probably not attempt going out the window.

Not saying I know what happened or why. Simply saying. I do see someone easily being able to climb into that window and I am not sure why LE have to test that theory yet again after they spent several days with complete access to that house and window.

My puzzlement comes from why they are doing this now when surely they have already done it on the very first day Lisa was reported missing.

Getting in the window, looks like it was possible, even though I thought I saw another cop give him a bit of a lift. Why put the screen back on?

Maybe whoever gave up that approach when they couldn't easily get the screen out.

Here in Missouri, we call that a "raised ranch" meaning the house is basically a ranch, with the garage as part of the basement. VERY common around here.

Where I grew up in RI a 'raised ranch' is a split level home
raised-rnch.jpg

http://www.pbsnc.com/Portals/0/images/raised-rnch.jpg

Screen in window, window open.

It is confusing a bit as Denise states that Jeramy asks her, Why is the screen popped out of the window and then she states: the corner of the screen was popped out.

Jeramy states: Window was open, he tried to close it and then notice the screen was popped out. It was pushed into the house and that was why the window would not close.

Based on the condition of the screen, no one could have fit through the screen. This was a reply to Judge J.'s question.

So that would mean the window HAD to be open and someone would have had to push from the outside. Why, if they were "staging" a kidnapping, would anyone be that stupid?

Possible someone could have been in the house the previous day, opened the window to have an access point and didn't notice the screen? Then jumped to get in and encountered the screen, thus pushing it this way? :waitasec:

Welcome Hallow! Thank you so much for sharing your own story and how it factors into your perceptions in this case.

Why would one of the first things Jeremy would do is try to close the window? If I came home and all lights were on and I saw a window open I think I would think someone might still be in house and I would reach for my phone as I check on my spouse and kids. I would not touch the window and ruin evidence for LE. Unless I needed a reason for my fresh prints to be there.

It probably never entered his mind in the beginning. Some people just aren't as suspicious as others.

Why would one of the first things Jeremy would do is try to close the window? If I came home and all lights were on and I saw a window open I think I would think someone might still be in house and I would reach for my phone as I check on my spouse and kids. I would not touch the window and ruin evidence for LE. Unless I needed a reason for my fresh prints to be there.

A possibility.
Coming home and seeing all the lights on I am sure sort of got him a bit upset at the wife for being so careless as to leave lights on and run up the electricity when not necessary. Then sees she must have been in computer room ....and left window open...so now not too happy and goes to shut window and then notices the screen stuck.
Would he divulge to media that he was upset when he came home and saw such "carelessness" and that is what he initially felt? Doubtful. Just a thought.

I am very good with animals so I probably would not fear the dog, if it is not barking at me yet and I am in the house, I am feeling more confident. The phones have me stumped. I have no idea bout the screen.

But the point of my post was to illustrate that a person with my build (not lithe and slender) could easily get into that window and quietly. Or out for that matter, but if I were holding a 10 month old baby I would probably not attempt going out the window.

Not saying I know what happened or why. Simply saying. I do see someone easily being able to climb into that window and I am not sure why LE have to test that theory yet again after they spent several days with complete access to that house and window.

My puzzlement comes from why they are doing this now when surely they have already done it on the very first day Lisa was reported missing.

Thanks. Yeah I think I could squeeze in that window too if I wanted to as well. But I wouldn't bother putting the screen back, that is for sure.

As for why they are doing the re-enactment, my speculation is that the FBI is gearing up for another interview with the parents, and wants to be armed with as much evidence as possible that this was a staged kidnapping.

Getting the confession will be the make/break point of all this, IMO. I do think both parents are covering up an accidental death.

I hear ya there! I am pro law enforcement/pro victim and keep remembering that LE is operating on their experience as experts. But, every time I see those parents on an interview, I go right back up the fence!

That's exactly how I feel. :fence:

I understood all that as it was explained last night. But that's just a legal formality. He would still be her bio dad, and I'm sure the other guy wouldn't want to be financially responsible for another man's child and would be only be too happy to bow out...

You never know what the other guy would want to do. Read up on this story. Recently a sex offender demanded custody of a little girl who was not his biological daughter, but since he and the child's mother were legally married, the judge awarded him custody. So the legal father has rights despite not being biological father.
"Miranda was placed with registered sex offender, Donald Coleman, in July. Coleman is not the child's biological father but is considered her legal father since he was married to Miranda's mom at the time of her birth."
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...after-Hearing-on-Custody-of-Miranda-Wilkerson

I hear ya there! I am pro law enforcement/pro victim and keep remembering that LE is operating on their experience as experts. But, every time I see those parents on an interview, I go right back up the fence!

I hear that. I am trying to nurture/develop my intuition, and it's not going well. :fence: Something that's been on my mind recently...it seems like there are economic crises and budget cuts all around us, from local LE to non-profits and their donors. If your baby had died accidentally, as I think some posters had speculated upthread, and you covered it up by saying she was kidnapped, would you be able to "keep it up" (or maintain your claim) as you see all the resources being used to investigate? I hope this doesn't come across as cold or rude...but from my perspective, everything spent on Lisa's case is in a sense something that can't be used to help find or rescue another missing person. :sigh: That does sound Scrooge-like, ugh. If this is offensive, please ignore or (mods) delete. It is just something that's been on my mind. I think that I wouldn't be able to keep up the act, and would confess.

May whoever gave up that approach when they couldn't easily get the screen out.

Or, an intruder not only attempted to monkey with the window but DID go in that way.

I've done it my own house when I locked myself out.

The screen crept (slipped)l back down

I had to bend it/ push it in to pry it up. I lifted it, and the window sash - and not very wide either. Went in head first. CLosed the window. I wouldn't have managed if the storm were in place but it wasn't.

I fixed my screen the next day. It had slipped back down.

A possibility.
Coming home and seeing all the lights on I am sure sort of got him a bit upset at the wife for being so careless as to leave lights on and run up the electricity when not necessary. Then sees she must have been in computer room ....and left window open...so now not too happy and goes to shut window and then notices the screen stuck.
Would he divulge to media that he was upset when he came home and saw such "carelessness" and that is what he initially felt? Doubtful. Just a thought.

It is the "seeing the window popped/bent in", that would be a STRONG clue something was very wrong and he and his family could be in danger. I think calling 911 would have been most people's first thought to do.

That here is called a split-entry. You have to go either up or down when you enter the doorway.

Almost exactly like our home in NH...but here they call them "Raised Cape"...which I thought was odd as back in Ohio they were called "Bi-Levels"......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob