MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why and who would want to kidnap a 10 month baby girl in the middle of the night?

Do we have proof that baby Lisa was sick?
Or just the word of parents?

Was she cutting teeth? cranky?
How much sleep did dad get that day?

The birthday party was 2 days before IIRC.
Anything odd at the party?
I can't find a link, but IIRC the grandfather mentioned that Lisa had a cold/flu on the day of the birthday party.

I don't know, Woof....I think a stranger wearing my bathrobe and eating cereal in my kitchen is pretty dang creepy.
I dated a girl in h.s. days from that neighborhood. Her family would find the same poor little guy, in their kitchen sorting through the refrigerator, or coming down the stairs wearing their shoes he'd tried on and left on - clearly oversized, etc. etc. They got used to it. (Not sure I could!)

Wouldn't they have already provided LE with the name of every possible person who knew where Lisa slept? Seems that people who had been in the house should have been first to be investigated and ruled out (or not.) So if it is someone they know, where is the baby? Someone, somewhere came home with a 10-month old blond-haired baby. Someone would notice. Someone would need to buys lots of things they might not normally buy. I don't think this was done by some random person, coming into a home with some lights on in the middle of the night. JMO

Maybe a two day break from talking to an accusatory LE, but one also with media interviews to get the word out, etc. It's not like they were just sitting at home, feet propped on the ottoman, watching the world go by. If they're telling the truth they must also be devastated.

I don't think 2 days is correct anyway. They left police headquarters Thursday night. Saturday morning at ten they were on the phone with LE instead of doing a scheduled interview and later Saturday they went back in to LE offices to talk again. Two nights of sleeping (possibly) but really only one full day.

:maddening: I am sorry, but I am sick of her tlaking for her husband! Gawd, le the man talk! Or is there a reason she doesn't want him to talk?:furious:

Are you saying Debbie won't let Jeremy talk? What makes you say that? Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your post.

I don't think 2 days is correct anyway. They left police headquarters Thursday night. Saturday morning at ten they were on the phone with LE instead of doing a scheduled interview and later Saturday they went back in to LE offices to talk again. Two nights of sleeping (possibly) but really only one full day.
Thanks, Jaxson. That does sound more like it.

But also I read that LE was interrogating them for 11 hours at a time. I could see myself wanting a break and walking away from that for a day or two. Mom has the two other boys, who really need her attention too right now. And she must be devastated, no matter what happened. So I can understand why she might need a break from interviews to try and get her bearings again.

OK I see what you are saying. But look at it from the eyes of LE. They are doing their job. Their job is to ask the same questions over and over and over until they are sure that the parties are telling the truth or they wear them down and they tell what they know. That is why the long interviews. They gauge your reactions and how you answer and if you change your story.

When you walk out of that process what does it tell LE? That they hit a nerve somewhere?

I have to apologize that I haven't followed this case as close as others have. But I didn't know that the parents took a 2 day break from this. Did they break off contact with LE and the media for 2 days? If so, your right, that's pretty bad.

Perhaps they were angered about the "bullying tactics" of LE's questioning. I am trying to imagine how I would react if LE was yelling in my face: "C'mon, we know you killed her, fess up, tell us the truth, we know you did it." Maybe I would say "to he77 with you..." and walk out. But then again, my desperation to find my daughter would likely override that anger. I doubt I could bear to walk away from LE for 2 days....maybe just 2 hours.

Or perhaps they needed time to re-group and solidify more details about their story.

It's anyone's guess.

Any updates on the local news? What was the lead in the other county?

I've been giving some thought to being able to juggle a baby and take the cell phones. It wasn't cell phones, but it was a daily occurance for me when my kids were little. Baby on hip, purse and diaper bag over one shoulder, stop to pick up my glasses, keys, cellphone. And then you think about all the perps who commit crimes wearing hoodies. I'm not kidding, just listen to the scanner chatter bolo descriptions sometime. Just shove the phones in the front pockets.

From what I have seen online at all the KC MO television stations and the KC star newspaper, the one family member who has been holding prayer vigils, putting out flyers, trying to raise money for a reward is Jeremy's sister, Ashley. She is young, but she is really doing something constructive. JMOO

I dated a girl in h.s. days from that neighborhood. Her family would find the same poor little guy, in their kitchen sorting through the refrigerator, or coming down the stairs wearing their shoes he'd tried on and left on - clearly oversized, etc. etc. They got used to it. (Not sure I could!)

Good Lord, man! You should have married this girl. She was obviously very relaxed...and non-combative.

But also I read that LE was interrogating them for 11 hours at a time. I could see myself wanting a break and walking away from that for a day or two. Mom has the two other boys, who really need her attention too right now. And she must be devastated, no matter what happened. So I can understand why she might need a break from interviews to try and get her bearings again.

I agree. At that point other family members pitched in to answer the media questions. I'd be hard pressed not to be found in the fetal position crying my heart out. I don't know how the parents of missing children give interviews, but they do. I admire their courage and strength.

My sons' teenage friends who hung out too frequently and ate up all our groceries qualified as "creepy crawlers", but I didn't know that until 1 minute ago. lol

Wouldn't they have already provided LE with the name of every possible person who knew where Lisa slept? Seems that people who had been in the house should have been first to be investigated and ruled out (or not.) So if it is someone they know, where is the baby? Someone, somewhere came home with a 10-month old blond-haired baby. Someone would notice. Someone would need to buys lots of things they might not normally buy. I don't think this was done by some random person, coming into a home with some lights on in the middle of the night. JMO

Unless the perp no longer has Lisa with them. :(

Are you saying Debbie won't let Jeremy talk? What makes you say that? Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your post.

She does seem to answer before he has a chance to...can't tell if it is her way, or if she is doing it because she was the one who was "there" or what...JMO

I've been giving some thought to being able to juggle a baby and take the cell phones. It wasn't cell phones, but it was a daily occurance for me when my kids were little. Baby on hip, purse and diaper bag over one shoulder, stop to pick up my glasses, keys, cellphone. And then you think about all the perps who commit crimes wearing hoodies. I'm not kidding, just listen to the scanner chatter bolo descriptions sometime. Just shove the phones in the front pockets.

I have to laugh at your post alittle because my hubby calls me an octapus.
Women do it all the time, but do men? My hubby can't do 3 things at a time!
esp with a baby.

Are the 2 boys back with their parents ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE