GUILTY MO - Nicholas, 35, & Justin Diemel, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bringing the LE w You?

@LietKynes bbm sbm :) and Others
I wonder if - that is, hypothetically - if the Diemels had contacted local MO LE before they went to the farm and asked LE to accompany them to the farm, what LE would have said or done.
At that point, what would have been the Diemels' complaint against Nelson? Would it have been a criminal complaint LE could have acted on? Then and there, at the farm that day? Later?

Do I recall correctly -- KS man w 'Cash Cow' biz (dairy farm, reefer trucks, pole buildings) who was interviewed by KC area TV stn,~Aug/early Sept?, said, ~ my paraphrasing ---
Diemel told KS man he asked/demanded(?) Nelson send him check. Nelson sent Diemels a check, which was returned by Nelson's bank as NSF, prompting Diemels to make in person visit to see Nelson. IRC.

I wonder, what, if anything, could local LEOs have done that day, if hypo LE had accompanied Diemels to the farm. Anything which would have prevented these tragic deaths? Maybe the LE's mere presence?

Knowingly writing bad checks is a criminal matter by intent.
For a person who has allegedly murdered two men, bouncing a check would be 'small potatoes' ; imo.
It's considered a felony to knowingly bounce checks, especially if over the amount of 500.
Which JGN far exceeded.

The Diemel brothers should have filed a criminal complaint . I'm assuming in the area the check was issued from, MO.
This could've been attended to without the need to travel.
Again I'm assuming.

But even a trip to MO might have been in order and present their case to the local LE ?

How much 'pull' does this Nelson family have with the local LE ?
I'm wondering that for a reason. Might be nothing.
Have there have been cases in the past where LE feared anyone ?

It's terrible for these lost lives -- but maybe the Diemel's thought it could be resolved like rational people ?
It's doubtful they ever thought they were in mortal danger; fgs !

@LietKynes :)
Question for you.
See my post 321.
Hope that helped.

There's also small claims court.

I found this :
If the check writer doesn't respond or refuses to pay, you can go to small claims court. ... The clerk's office can tell you what damages you can recover in addition to the original amount of the bounced check plus court fees. In some states you can sue the person for up to three times the amount of the check.

Thankfully we don't have experience there. A friend of mine has.
Against her own brother-in-law, a long, sad story. But I digress.

Here's something :
Use these six ways to collect on a bad check without going to court.
  1. Contact the Bank First. ...
  2. Call Your Customer. ...
  3. Send a Certified Letter. ...
  4. Call Your Local District Attorney's Office. ...
  5. Use a Check Recovery Service. ...
  6. Contact a Collection Agency. ...
  7. Secure Your Cash Flow While You Collect on Bad Checks.

One of the victims has at least one child, I think ?
This is the time of year for a 'pumpkin patch' outing.
Think carving silly pumpkin faces, hot cider and cookies as well !
This man's child should be looking forward to fall fun with his parents and time spent with the uncle and other relatives at Thanksgiving holiday ...

JGN is an unspeakable monster.
Yes it was Nick Diemel he had 4 children a new baby girl a small boy and I think it was a 12 year old daughter and 15 year old son (not really sure on the oldest ones ages_

@LietKynes Your post (yesterday?) said:
"Apparently the brothers were owed around 250,000 !
Sadly --- if you are going to collect that , you'd better bring LE with you."

I took ^ literally, so was asking about "Better bring LE with you."

Because even if the Diemels had asked for LE to accompany them on visit to farm,
I could not think of anything much local MO LEOs could do, then and there.
Did you intend for that phrase to be taken literally? o_O

Contacting local MO authorities re a check returned NSF, to pursue criminal complaint v. Nelson?
Yes, as you posted below today, Diemels could have done (likely from WI, imo).
And yes, that's little, bitty small taters for Nelson who had already spent time in prison for federal crimes re fraudulent loans.

Have we seen a concrete figure on $ amt of check? IIRC, $250,000 is amt, the KS mentioned. If that was ck amt., that amt probably exceeds jurisdictional limit for 'small claims court' in any state. Just checked for MO*, $5000 tops.

Re your comment re Diemels possibly going to MO to present their case to local LE?
AFAIK, Diemels did not "have a case" to present to LE, other than the NSF check.
Is it possible before arriving at farm, they had info about poor condition of their cattle? I don't recall that.
Did they know their cattle had been transported to another farm (Amish farmer)?

Two deaths, so many ppl hurt by one horrible, awful man. And the poor cattle.

And yes, your post helped.
Knowingly writing bad checks is a criminal matter by intent. For a person who has allegedly murdered two men, bouncing a check would be 'small potatoes' ; imo. It's considered a felony to knowingly bounce checks, especially if over the amount of 500. Which JGN far exceeded. The Diemel brothers should have filed a criminal complaint . I'm assuming in the area the check was issued from, MO. This could've been attended to without the need to travel. Again I'm assuming.
But even a trip to MO might have been in order and present their case to the local LE ?

It's terrible for these lost lives -- but maybe the Diemel's thought it could be resolved like rational people ? It's doubtful they ever thought they were in mortal danger; fgs ! Hope that helped.

There's also small claims court....
^bbm sbm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
* "A. WHO YOU CAN SUE AND WHAT YOU CAN SUE FOR Any person or business with a civil claim that DOES NOT EXCEED $5,000.00 may bring a suit in small claims court. The $5,000.00 limit does not include court costs and interest on the $5,000.00 which the judge may award you. You may still file a claim if the amount exceeds $5,000.00. However, if you choose to do this, you give up your right to claim any amount exceeding $5,000.00 both in your present suit and in any other claim involving the same person or business and the same issues." from Mo. Bar Assoc. bbm
www.mobaryls.org/documents/small-claims.pdf

Last edited:
Clarification about amt of ^ NSF check:
Per Probable Cause Affidavit re murders,
Diemels' Father said "...coming to Missouri to retrieve a $250,000 check from Joey Nelson for cattle."

Although ^ affidavit references $250,000 check Diemels expected to receive,
affidavit does not reference NSF ck at all, does not confirm amt which Diemel told the KS man about.
Stands to reason it was $250,000, but I do not recall seeing/hearing that $ amt from LE.

Anybody recall LE referencing the NSF check as $250,000? Thx in adv.

Knowingly writing bad checks is a criminal matter by intent.
For a person who has allegedly murdered two men, bouncing a check would be 'small potatoes' ; imo.
It's considered a felony to knowingly bounce checks, especially if over the amount of 500.
Which JGN far exceeded.

The Diemel brothers should have filed a criminal complaint . I'm assuming in the area the check was issued from, MO.
This could've been attended to without the need to travel.
Again I'm assuming.

It's terrible for these lost lives -- but maybe the Diemel's thought it could be resolved like rational people ?
It's doubtful they ever thought they were in mortal danger; fgs !

Hope that helped.

There's also small claims court.

I found this :
If the check writer doesn't respond or refuses to pay, you can go to small claims court. ... The clerk's office can tell you what damages you can recover in addition to the original amount of the bounced check plus court fees. In some states you can sue the person for up to three times the amount of the check.

Thankfully we don't have experience there. A friend of mine has.
Against her own brother-in-law, a long, sad story. But I digress.

Here's something :
Use these six ways to collect on a bad check without going to court.

• Contact the Bank First. ...
    • Call Your Customer. ...
    • Send a Certified Letter. ...
    • Call Your Local District Attorney's Office. ...
    • Use a Check Recovery Service. ...
    • Contact a Collection Agency. ...
    • Secure Your Cash Flow While You Collect on Bad Checks.
You asked "Have there have been cases in the past where LE feared anyone ?" My opinion on that, and I believe this happens in ALL cities or towns, is YES! Police have family and loved ones the same as most of us, they're humans too. They can fear anyone for a number of reasons.
Especially if they've had to arrest some of these crazy people that stop at nothing and don't blink an eye when they pull a trigger.
Police are dealing with a lot of people on these crazy drugs, for one look at JN, he was in federal prison before and evidently it did nothing for him, in fact it took him to a whole new level, a cold blooded murderer.
I strongly believe that a lot of police fear others,and rightfully so, but, you won't hear it from them.

@LietKynes Your post (yesterday?) said:
"Apparently the brothers were owed around 250,000 !
Sadly --- if you are going to collect that , you'd better bring LE with you."

I took ^ literally, so was asking about "Better bring LE with you."

Because even if the Diemels had asked for LE to accompany them on visit to farm,
I could not think of anything much local MO LEOs could do, then and there.

Did you intend for that phrase to be taken literally? o_O

Contacting local MO authorities re a check returned NSF, to pursue criminal complaint v. Nelson?
Yes, as you posted below today, Diemels could have done (likely from WI, imo).
And yes, that's little, bitty small taters for Nelson who had already spent time in prison for federal crimes re fraudulent loans.

Have we seen a concrete figure on $ amt of check? IIRC, $250,000 is amt, the KS mentioned. If that was ck amt., that amt probably exceeds jurisdictional limit for 'small claims court' in any state. Just checked for MO*, $5000 tops.

Re your comment re Diemels possibly going to MO to present their case to local LE?
AFAIK, Diemels did not "have a case" to present to LE, other than the NSF check.
Is it possible before arriving at farm, they had info about poor condition of their cattle? I don't recall that.
Did they know their cattle had been transported to another farm (Amish farmer)?

Two deaths, so many ppl hurt by one horrible, awful man. And the poor cattle.

And yes, your post helped.
^bbm sbm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
* "A. WHO YOU CAN SUE AND WHAT YOU CAN SUE FOR Any person or business with a civil claim that DOES NOT EXCEED $5,000.00 may bring a suit in small claims court. The $5,000.00 limit does not include court costs and interest on the $5,000.00 which the judge may award you. You may still file a claim if the amount exceeds $5,000.00. However, if you choose to do this, you give up your right to claim any amount exceeding $5,000.00 both in your present suit and in any other claim involving the same person or business and the same issues." from Mo. Bar Assoc. bbm
www.mobaryls.org/documents/small-claims.pdf
LBM

1st Lavender Bolded : I honestly meant that -- for the brother's own protection. Although it might have not done any good and may have escalated the situation; now that I think about it !
The suggestion was something of a cautionary fear of actually trying to collect a significant amount.
Even though such prices are common in cattle raising, as another helpful member pointed out.

Also it seemed like they wouldn't travel that far for, let's say-- 500. $.
There was a reason to fly down there from WI.

2nd LB : Have looked around a bit and couldn't find that amount specifically mentioned by LE.
Unless I've missed it.

3rd LB : Agreed that maybe they didn't have a case per se ; and with a faulty check should've let the courts handle it ?
And I don't know if the Diemel brothers knew about their cattle being transported w/o their knowledge or permission.
Interesting.
As if JGN was concealing something besides his treatment of the cattle.
Had he sold any of them behind the Diemels' backs ?

25-year-old Missouri farmer charged with murdering missing Wisconsin brothers | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Nelson was sentenced in 2016 to two years in federal prison for selling more than 600 head of cattle that didn’t belong to him. He pleaded guilty to cattle fraud that caused more than $262,000 in losses. He was released in March 2018.

What happened at the farm ?
Was there a confrontation and it escalated when the Diemels said they were going to the authorities ? (If they actually did, we don't know)

There's this :
‘It’s a horrible nightmare’: Search underway for Wisconsin brothers last seen north of metro | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports
“They have feeder cattle and baby calves that several farmers are raising for them in Missouri, so they were down there looking at one of their farms,” Lisa explained..."
Emph. mine

So, no mention of the check or its' amount.

Last edited:
The $250,000.00 amount wasn't sitting right in my head, so I did some research, and looked over Foster's interviews,but that's a whole nother issue for me.
ND and JD father reported the brothers went to MO for a 250,000.00 check. Foster said ND and JN had a separate agreement and that put 100 calves at JNs. According to Diemel Livestock, calves sell for $50.00 a head in groups of 30 or more. So that is $5000.00 for alleged 100 calves.
Now let's assume that all 100 calves made it to "weaning weight" which according to the USDA is between 7 and 8 months old, and weighing 500 to 700 lbs. If sold they are sold per cwt. Which means that at market prices now 100 weaning weight calves would only bring in $104,300.00. Prices do fluctuate throughout the year. But according to Foster, JN and ND started in January. By the end of July, the calves would have just been at weaning weight.
We know this didn't happen.
And Foster said in an interview that he bought 131 calves and received 35 back. Then states he assumes the other 96 are dead. Well he did not have 96 missing calves, there were 76 missing calves.
I feel there was something shady involving Foster and JN.
And also in my opinion, I feel TSF returned the day LEO was speaking with JN, because JN told TSF his plan and she wanted to establish a clear alibi by going to Branson with family members. IMO, she was aware of what was happening and what the out come was going to be. I feel very large parts of some people's stories are missing. Just like the numbers aren't quite adding up.
I spoke with a couple dairy farmers in my area and they said there is no way on gods green earth ANYONE would pay 250,000.00 for 100 bottle fed calves. And even at auction they would not receive that kind of money... Somethings off.

The $250,000.00 amount wasn't sitting right in my head, so I did some research, and looked over Foster's interviews,but that's a whole nother issue for me.
ND and JD father reported the brothers went to MO for a 250,000.00 check. Foster said ND and JN had a separate agreement and that put 100 calves at JNs. According to Diemel Livestock, calves sell for $50.00 a head in groups of 30 or more. So that is $5000.00 for alleged 100 calves.
Now let's assume that all 100 calves made it to "weaning weight" which according to the USDA is between 7 and 8 months old, and weighing 500 to 700 lbs. If sold they are sold per cwt. Which means that at market prices now 100 weaning weight calves would only bring in $104,300.00. Prices do fluctuate throughout the year. But according to Foster, JN and ND started in January. By the end of July, the calves would have just been at weaning weight.
And Foster said in an interview that he bought 131 calves and received 35 back. Then states he assumes the other 96 are dead. Well he did not have 96 missing calves, there were 76 missing calves.
And also in my opinion, I feel TSF returned the day LEO was speaking with JN, because JN told TSF his plan and she wanted to establish a clear alibi by going to Branson with family members. IMO, she was aware of what was happening and what the out come was going to be. I feel very large parts of some people's stories are missing. Just like the numbers aren't quite adding up.
I spoke with a couple dairy farmers in my area and they said there is no way on gods green earth ANYONE would pay 250,000.00 for 100 bottle fed calves. And even at auction they would not receive that kind of money... Somethings off.

Thanks for breaking this down and sharing. You’re right......something is definitely off.

So I've spent the day pouring over statements that DF in KS has made. Back in August he did an interview that he said he and JNs relationship had started to sour, so he started researching JN AND contacting people who were dealing with JN. One of those contacts being ND.
In August he stated that he bought 131 head and JN was to raise and sell them with him and JN splitting profit. Within the last 4 days he's saying he bought them From JN. In another interview he's stating that initially he only invested in 31 head. That the hundred came from ND. But yet when DF pushed JN about selling, JN dropped off 35 head. That in itself was 4 head more than what DF is saying he bought.
I found a post by DF, from 2017 where he is cutting a farmer down that he vouched for so he could get hay and the bill wasn't paid. It appears to me that DF is quite a busy body with his nose in business it shouldn't be in.
In interviews he speaks as if him and ND are close. That ND is sharing personal business info with him such as bounced checks and monies owed. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to believe this business owner would share this info with a stranger.
I think DF had a falling out with JN over some issues, and DF set out on a campaign to get even with JN. I think DF contacted ND and told him of this horrible guy that he was in business with and how horrible his calves looked when dropped off. And that he was missing calves he believed were deceased. I think ND started to panic and get angry, and decided to go check on his calves to see for himself. I feel that DF instigated a situation, and did NOT make ND aware of the potential danger.
DF seems to have his hand in alot of cookie jars, and his nose in alot of business that he shouldn't. IMO he had something shady with JN, and knowing JNs crim history knew that JN really had no credibility. I don't think DF is a victim of JN but rather an accomplice who was trying to con as well. I want to see justice for the Diemels. But I want all involved to get what they have coming.
And I also read an article where DF is bent about the fact he went to his DA in May and they wouldn't pick up the charges on JN then, but NOW all of a sudden they did. I think he's vindictive, and out to destroy those he feels have wronged him, but yet his hands are far from clean.

“Nick is a father of four kids. He's my high school sweetheart,” Lisa Diemel told WMTV, am NBC affiliate in Madison, Wisconsin.

"Him not contacting us... we didn't go for long when he was on trips to check on me or talk to our children."

"I have no clue what's going on,” Nicholas' and Justin's mother, Pam, told WGBA, an NBC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

“I can't even believe that something like this can happen. You go on a business trip and you're coming back with the person you met with. They didn't make their flight. They found the abandoned truck on the side of the road with their carry-ons and that was it."

2 Wisconsin brothers traveled to Missouri for their livestock business. Now they are missing.

Nicholas Diemel, 34, and Justin Diemel, 24, were last heard from the morning of July 21, Nick's wife, Lisa, told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin.

The brothers own Diemel's Livestock in Bonduel and had traveled to Missouri for business in Caldwell and Clinton counties, authorities said. Lisa said the brothers regularly go to Missouri to meet with farmers who work for their company.

Missing Shawano County brothers: What we know about the case so far

“There’s always been multiple searches going on,” the sheriff added. In a press release, the Clinton County Missouri Sheriff’s Department wrote, “The investigation into the disappearance of the Diemel brothers continues. Searches have been conducted and are under way in Clinton and Caldwell counties. Multiple agencies are involved in the investigation, and multiple leads continue to be researched.”

Nicholas & Justin Diemel: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

A couple of questions here.

Do all cattle growers make so many business trips to check on calves that it is routine for their families?

Searching multiple farms. Did ND & JD just meet with JN or with others in the 2 counties?

Who was the person that the mother said they were to meet and was coming back with them? JN, another farmer, or some so far unnamed business associate?

https://fox11digital.com/news/PDFs/Garland-Joey-Nelson-probable-cause-document.pdf

Most of the affidavit seem positive of the "facts" as confessed to by JN.

2 things are not positive.

F. Based on the investigation, it is believed Nicholas and Justin Diemel never left the property after they arrived and were intentionally killed. It is believed Garland Joseph Nelson acted alone or in concert with others in committing the act of Murder against both Nicholas and Justin Diemel.

First, is whether they left the property, were intentionally killed, by JN, or with the help of others. I am not defending JN!!! Just seems that the crux of the crime is ONLY believed to have occurred.

B. Based on DNA comparisons it is believed they are the remains of Nicholas and Justin Diemel.

Second, there is not a conclusive ID of the burned bodies. Could diesel and a mystery liquid have gotten hot enough to degrade the DNA to the core of two full grown men so that neither could be positively identified? Without melting the barrels? And even if the DNA was not conclusive what about dental records? Those are used to positively identify people years after death. Did someone remove the teeth (or worse) to prevent positive ID?

Again I am not defending JN. There is evidence that he is a very disturbed individual who has done some awful things. He was very likely responsible in some way for the disappearance and apparent deaths of ND & JD. It's just scratching below the surface news stories and asking some hard questions raises the probability that this is more than a one off cattle deal gone bad.

I can't find the link (perhaps in the 1st thread?) It was mentioned that the Diemels had previously sued someone that owned them money. It's not like this would have been the 1st situation they had been in this position with.

Wisconsin Case Net has a record of a single case like you mentioned. Other than that, only traffic offenses.

Apparently the brothers were owed around 250,000 !
Sadly --- if you are going to collect that , you'd better bring LE with you.
Not blaming the two men.
They may have been too trusting.

I'm wondering who else may have been involved ?
Just seems like a perp of his 'intelligence' would need some 'extra hands'.

I have same question. It would make sense that JN would need help to pull off all that happened.

I just don't think anything about this is as simple as a series of 45 second soundbites. Not JN. Not ND & JD. Not Diemels Livestock. Not the arresting affidavit. Not JN's business dealings, on the books or off.

Wild thought. What if 1/4 mill was not just about cattle. Or cattle at all. Be a little curious about other news from the Green Bay area of Wisconsin. Possibilities.

MOD NOTE:

LINKS, SCREENSHOTS, DISCUSSION OF ANY INFO FROM SOCIAL MEDIA (CRAIG’S LIST DISCUSSION THREAD IS AN EXAMPLE) IS A VIOLATION OF TERMS OF SERVICE AND WILL BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY.

PLEASE READ AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH WEBSLEUTHS TOS BEFORE POSTING. OFFENDING POSTS WILL BE REMOVED, AS WILL POSTS THAT QUOTE AND/OR PRAISE OR THANK THE OFFENDING POSTER. CONSEQUENCES MAY ALSO INCLUDE LOSS OF POSTING PRIVILEGES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Wisconsin brothers went to Missouri on business. Now they are missing.
"They didn't make their flight," the mother of Justin and Nick Diemel said. "They found the abandoned truck on the side of the road with their carry-ons and that was it."

July 24, 2019, 10:05 AM CDT / Updated July 24, 2019, 11:36 AM CDT
By David K. Li

A 35-year-old father of four and his 24-year-old brother have gone missing after traveling from their homes in Wisconsin to Missouri on business.

Justin and Nick Diemel, 24 and 35, respectively, who own Diemel Livestock in northeast Wisconsin, were supposed to come home Sunday but didn't make their scheduled flight, officials said.

190724-diemel-brothers-mn-1035_faab6cf7798cb82bdf9cf1488a6ca292.fit-760w.jpg

Missing brothers Justin, left, and Nicholas Diemel.Clinton County Missouri Sheriff's Office
Their rental truck was found in a commuter parking lot in Holt, about 30 miles northeast of the Kansas International Airport, on Monday with no sign of the two men, authorities said.

Nick Diemel's wife said she spoke to her husband on the phone Sunday morning before they were supposed to visit a client.

“Nick is a father of four kids. He's my high school sweetheart,” Lisa Diemel told WMTV, am NBC affiliate in Madison, Wisconsin.

Recommended

U.S. news13-year-old charged with two murders in North Carolina back in custody after escape

NewsIf Bloomberg runs for president, a management committee will run his company
"Him not contacting us... we didn't go for long when he was on trips to check on me or talk to our children."

The Clinton County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday that searches "have been conducted and are underway in Clinton and Caldwell counties" and that "multiple agencies are involved in the investigation, and multiple leads continue to be researched."

Family members in Wisconsin expressed shock about the brothers' disappearance.

"I have no clue what's going on,” Nicholas' and Justin's mother, Pam, told WGBA, an NBC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

“I can't even believe that something like this can happen. You go on a business trip and you're coming back with the person you met with. They didn't make their flight. They found the abandoned truck on the side of the road with their carry-ons and that was it."

This is a copy of a news story on CBS News website.

2 Questions.

#1 Just how often do the brothers travel for business? Seems very routine for them. No growers I know fly commercial all over the country to check on cattle.

#2 "I can't even believe that something like this can happen. You go on a business trip and you're coming back with the person you met with." Who were JD & ND meeting with and supposed to return with. JN. Another farmer from the area. An unnamed business associate? If not JN has that person been reported missing?

MOD NOTE:

LINKS, SCREENSHOTS, DISCUSSION OF ANY INFO FROM SOCIAL MEDIA (CRAIG’S LIST DISCUSSION THREAD IS AN EXAMPLE) IS A VIOLATION OF TERMS OF SERVICE AND WILL BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY.

PLEASE READ AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH WEBSLEUTHS TOS BEFORE POSTING. OFFENDING POSTS WILL BE REMOVED, AS WILL POSTS THAT QUOTE AND/OR PRAISE OR THANK THE OFFENDING POSTER. CONSEQUENCES MAY ALSO INCLUDE LOSS OF POSTING PRIVILEGES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
[/QUOTE

2 Wisconsin brothers went to Missouri on business. Now they are missing.
"They didn't make their flight," the mother of Justin and Nick Diemel said. "They found the abandoned truck on the side of the road with their carry-ons and that was it."

July 24, 2019, 10:05 AM CDT / Updated July 24, 2019, 11:36 AM CDT
By David K. Li

A 35-year-old father of four and his 24-year-old brother have gone missing after traveling from their homes in Wisconsin to Missouri on business.

Justin and Nick Diemel, 24 and 35, respectively, who own Diemel Livestock in northeast Wisconsin, were supposed to come home Sunday but didn't make their scheduled flight, officials said.

190724-diemel-brothers-mn-1035_faab6cf7798cb82bdf9cf1488a6ca292.fit-760w.jpg

Missing brothers Justin, left, and Nicholas Diemel.Clinton County Missouri Sheriff's Office
Their rental truck was found in a commuter parking lot in Holt, about 30 miles northeast of the Kansas International Airport, on Monday with no sign of the two men, authorities said.

Nick Diemel's wife said she spoke to her husband on the phone Sunday morning before they were supposed to visit a client.

Recommended

U.S. news13-year-old charged with two murders in North Carolina back in custody after escape

NewsIf Bloomberg runs for president, a management committee will run his company

The Clinton County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday that searches "have been conducted and are underway in Clinton and Caldwell counties" and that "multiple agencies are involved in the investigation, and multiple leads continue to be researched."

Family members in Wisconsin expressed shock about the brothers' disappearance.

This is a copy of a news story on CBS News website.

2 Questions.

#1 Just how often do the brothers travel for business? Seems very routine for them. No growers I know fly commercial all over the country to check on cattle.

#2 "I can't even believe that something like this can happen. You go on a business trip and you're coming back with the person you met with." Who were JD & ND meeting with and supposed to return with. JN. Another farmer from the area. An unnamed business associate? If not JN has that person been reported missing?

If you read other articles, you’ll get additional information. The quote from their mother was likely a case of her speaking quickly - a stream of consciousness sort of thing. She was obviously emotional at the time, as is evidenced by some of her other statements that aren’t very cohesive.

Your posts seem to indicate that you believe something else was taking place besides cattle business. There’s been no evidence of that from the Diemel’s.

If you dig a little deeper, you’ll find the answers you’re looking for. There’s much more to the case than is able to be presented on WS. IMO Joey is guilty. He had the means, equipment and knowledge to dispose of their bodies leaving very little evidence behind. I’m sure we’ll get more of the horrid details during the trial and I will wish I never heard them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge
Back