GUILTY MO - Nicholas, 35, & Justin Diemel, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Documents state Nelson eventually told authorities when he arrived back at the farm, he found two bodies believed to belong to Nick and Justin Diemel, each dead and stuffed inside a 55-gallon metal barrel in a pole barn just south of the residence.

The affidavit states the bodies were moved through a pasture one at a time in a skid loader bucket to an adjacent pasture where they were covered with diesel fuel and burned. After they were burned, Nelson said one or both of the bodies were placed in a manure pile by a metal barn. He said a skid loader was used to crush the barrels and the remains were placed elsewhere on the property.

Documents show Nelson said he returned to the pole barn at one point and used a shovel to remove what he believed to be blood from the floor where it is believed the brothers were killed.

During the course of the investigation, Nelson reportedly admitted to having access to and using a .30-30 rifle to kill two small animals July 20. Authorities noted Nelson is a felon.

In the area of the affidavit relating to evidence, authorities state burned human remains were found in a manure pile on the property in Braymer, and based on DNA comparisons, it is believed the remains are those of Nick and Justin Diemel.

Authorities also noted blood stains were found on clothing belonging to Garland Nelson. DNA confirmed that blood belonged to Nick Diemel. Murder charges filed against man at center of missing Wisconsin brothers case

RBBM, is this guy truly an idiot? (rhetorical question, I already know the answer)
Is he trying to imply that he left the farm, and when he returned to the farm
he found two dead bodies stuffed in barrels? It reads like when he came back he just stumbled upon bodies that someone else had killed and put in barrels.

The affidavit states two crushed barrels were also located on the Braymer property, and a neighbor reported hearing multiple gunshots coming from the area of the property around the time Nelson told authorities the brothers were on the property. Authorities also said a .30-30 cartridge was located in the bloodstained clothing reportedly belonging to Nelson. Murder charges filed against man at center of missing Wisconsin brothers case

I'm not questioning the fact that Nelson killed them, just curious as to if that's how he tried to play it off to law enforcement -- "gee, I don't know, I moved their truck and when I got home I noticed two corpses stuffed inside barrels that weren't there when I left"

I'm not questioning the fact that Nelson killed them, just curious as to if that's how he tried to play it off to law enforcement -- "gee, I don't know, I moved their truck and when I got home I noticed two corpses stuffed inside barrels that weren't there when I left"
Apparently he was fine to admit everything else... but the actual murder.

RBBM, is this guy truly an idiot? (rhetorical question, I already know the answer)
Is he trying to imply that he left the farm, and when he returned to the farm
he found two dead bodies stuffed in barrels? It reads like when he came back he just stumbled upon bodies that someone else had killed and put in barrels.
And add: "Oh two dead bodies. This happens all the time. No worries, Il just crush em and then burn and burry em. Gettener done!"
Yes, truly an idiot!

And add: "Oh two dead bodies. This happens all the time. No worries, Il just crush em and then burn and burry em. Gettener done!"
Yes, truly an idiot!

Well everybody knows the first step after mysteriously finding two dead bodies in barrels on your property is to use farm equipment to crush them and then burn them! It's the first thing they taught us at freshman orientation.

Apparently the brothers were owed around 250,000 !
Sadly --- if you are going to collect that , you'd better bring LE with you.
Not blaming the two men.
They may have been too trusting.

I'm wondering who else may have been involved ?
Just seems like a perp of his 'intelligence' would need some 'extra hands'.

Not blaming the two men.
They may have been too trusting.

I'm wondering who else may have been involved ?
Just seems like a perp of his 'intelligence' would need some 'extra hands'.
Someone had posted early on that those type of figures in the cattle industry are average. However, that same poster stated the murderer had previously written a bounced check to the Diemels. Probably why they showed up in person.
I don't have the links. Maybe someone else does.

apologize if this has been posted previously.

(CALDWELL COUNTY, Mo.) Caldwell County Prosecutors announced Wednesday that Joseph Garland Nelson has been charged with murder in connection to the case of two missing brothers from Wisconsin.

Prosecutors have charged Nelson with two counts of first-degree murder in the disappearance of Nick and Justin Diemel. Nelson is also charged with two counts of abandonment of a corpse, two counts of tampering with physical evidence, two counts of armed criminal action, tampering with a motor vehicle, and unlawful possession of a firearm.

CONTINUING COVERAGE:

Deputies searching for two missing Wisconsin brothers in northwest Missouri

Case of missing Wisconsin brothers turns into death investigation

Investigation continues after human remains found in search for missing Wisconsin brothers

Murder charges filed in case of missing Wisconsin brothers

WISCONSIN.jpg

garland+nelson.jpg

According to a probable cause statement, the brothers have been missing since July 21 after they traveled from Wisconsin to Missouri to retrieve a $250,000 check from Nelson for cattle. The Diemel's father reported his sons missing after they failed to make their flight home.

The court document states that Nelson gave many misleading explanations of events to mislead law enforcement from finding the brothers.

According to the probable cause statement, Nelson told authorities he acted alone and drove the truck the brother's rented from his property in Braymer to a commuter lot in Holt on July 21. The keys were left in the ignition and Nelson said he removed Nick and Justin's cell phones and disposed of them along the roadway while walking back to Holt where he arranged for someone to give him a ride to another location.

Authorities believe Nick and Justin never left the property when they arrived and were intentionally killed. When Nelson arrived back at the properly the statement shows he told investigators that he found two bodies believed to be Nick and Justin dead. Each body was inside of a 55-gallon metal barrel located in a pole barn.

According to the statement, the bodies were then moved one at a time in a skid loader bucket to an adjacent pasture. The bodies were burned after diesel fuel was poured on them. Nelson allegedly told investigators that one or both of the bodies were then placed into a manure pile by a metal barn. The barrels the bodies were burned in were then crushed by the skid loader and disposed on the property. Nelson then returned to the pole barn and used a shovel to remove what he believed to be blood from the floor where the it's believed the brothers were killed, according to the court document.

The affidavit also states that DNA from Nick Diemel was found on blood stained clothes that belonged to Nelson. A fired .30-30 caliber cartridge was also found in the same clothes. Nelson admitted to using a .30-30 caliber rifle to kill two small animals the day before the brothers arrived at the property, according to the court document.

The affidavit shows that a neighbor heard multiple gunshots coming from the direction of the property on July 21 during the same time Nelson said the brothers were on the property.

Human remains were discovered on the property after a lengthy search in July. Nelson was then charged with tampering with a motor vehicle. He has pleaded not guilty to that charge in October.

Nelson will appear on the new charges in Caldwell County court on Thursday.

One of the victims has at least one child, I think ?
This is the time of year for a 'pumpkin patch' outing.
Think carving silly pumpkin faces, hot cider and cookies as well !
This man's child should be looking forward to fall fun with his parents and time spent with the uncle and other relatives at Thanksgiving holiday ...

JGN is an unspeakable monster.

Bringing the LE w You?
@LietKynes bbm sbm :) and Others
I wonder if - that is, hypothetically - if the Diemels had contacted local MO LE before they went to the farm and asked LE to accompany them to the farm, what LE would have said or done.
At that point, what would have been the Diemels' complaint against Nelson? Would it have been a criminal complaint LE could have acted on? Then and there, at the farm that day? Later?

Do I recall correctly -- KS man w 'Cash Cow' biz (dairy farm, reefer trucks, pole buildings) who was interviewed by KC area TV stn,~Aug/early Sept?, said, ~ my paraphrasing ---
Diemel told KS man he asked/demanded(?) Nelson send him check. Nelson sent Diemels a check, which was returned by Nelson's bank as NSF, prompting Diemels to make in person visit to see Nelson. IRC.

I wonder, what, if anything, could local LEOs have done that day, if hypo LE had accompanied Diemels to the farm. Anything which would have prevented these tragic deaths? Maybe the LE's mere presence?

Bringing the LE w You?

@LietKynes bbm sbm :) and Others
I wonder if - that is, hypothetically - if the Diemels had contacted local MO LE before they went to the farm and asked LE to accompany them to the farm, what LE would have said or done.
At that point, what would have been the Diemels' complaint against Nelson? Would it have been a criminal complaint LE could have acted on? Then and there, at the farm that day? Later?

Do I recall correctly -- KS man w 'Cash Cow' biz (dairy farm, reefer trucks, pole buildings) who was interviewed by KC area TV stn,~Aug/early Sept?, said, ~ my paraphrasing ---
Diemel told KS man he asked/demanded(?) Nelson send him check. Nelson sent Diemels a check, which was returned by Nelson's bank as NSF, prompting Diemels to make in person visit to see Nelson. IRC.

I wonder, what, if anything, could local LEOs have done that day, if hypo LE had accompanied Diemels to the farm. Anything which would have prevented these tragic deaths? Maybe the LE's mere presence?
IMO they probably would have considered it a civil matter. However, if it was a nice and caring law enforcement officer that they sought advice from, they may have advised the brothers not to just show up at the farm asking to recover this large sum of money.

Sad my small cohttps://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-man-accused-of-murdering-wisconsin-brothers-on-cattle-business-trip
I just read in an article, and I don't remember which one that the tampering charge has now been dismissed. And also JN now has a federal warrant for probation violation... As I stated before, if this agent kept up on JN, perhaps this tragedy could have been avoided. When I read about the federal warrant, all I could think was.. HEY, little late now don't you think?

Yes all of this could of been prevented.
I did read this also. Not sure what will happen federally. The following I believe is state only. The reason they threw the vehicle tampering charge out is because the case had been sent to supreme court of Missouri for change of judge.

Description: Murder 1st Degree { Felony A RSMo: 565.020 }
Date: 07/21/2019 Code: 565.020-001Y198409.0
Arresting Agency: SO CALDWELL COUNTY-KINGSTON
Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Abandonment Of A Corpse { Felony E RSMo: 194.425 }
Date: 07/21/2019 Code: 194.425-001Y201755.0

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Tampering With Physical Evidence In Felony Prosecution { Felony E RSMo: 575.100 }
Date: 07/21/2019 Code: 575.100-001Y201750.0

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Tampering With Physical Evidence In Felony Prosecution { Felony E RSMo: 575.100 }

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 07/21/2019 Code: 571.015-001Y197552.0

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Tampering With Motor Vehicle - 1st Degree { Felony D RSMo: 569.080 }
Date: 07/21/2019 Code: 569.080-002Y201729.0

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Unlawful Possession Of A Firearm { Felony D RSMo: 571.070 }
Date: 07/21/2019 Code: 571.070-001Y201752.0

Sad my small cohttps://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-man-accused-of-murdering-wisconsin-brothers-on-cattle-business-trip

Yes all of this could of been prevented.
I did read this also. Not sure what will happen federally. The following I believe is state only. The reason they threw the vehicle tampering charge out is because the case had been sent to supreme court of Missouri for change of judge.

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Tampering With Motor Vehicle - 1st Degree { Felony D RSMo: 569.080 }
Date: 07/21/2019 Code: 569.080-002Y201729.0

Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Unlawful Possession Of A Firearm { Felony D RSMo: 571.070 }
Date: 07/21/2019 Code: 571.070-001Y201752.0

Thank you for clarifying for me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors