MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
btwn 200 - 300 protesters at FPD building according to KMOX - Kevin Killeen

what are they protesting again?

At PD protest, did they really think LE would allow them to keep taking " one step forward" just because they announce they are not resisting? Lol

Staged protests, staged arrests. Oh, well.:drama:

Why did Cornell West want to know if he was going to be taken into the bldg? He asked that question before being arrested... :thinking:

Training from this weekend's conference, although when I've been arrested, I always asked "Why?" before LE placed handcuffs on me. Dayum, wish there was the World Wide Web, smart phones, and disrespect for authority being okay when I was a hellion in the 80s :laugh: I just called my Dad & thank God, he always helped me even when I was in the wrong.

If not for that, well . . . I may be dead by now :) Where'd all the parents go?

Why doesn't LE just go ahead and ask for volunteers.

St Louis news station was live in Ferguson with the protesting in the background. I'm sorry, to me it looked like only about 20 protesters there. Maybe the rest were 'cleansed' away with the rain?

BBM I'm asking specifically to whom you are referring that has officially said DW was innocent. Is this person wearing a DW bracelet or T-shirt?

To the theoretical situation of the wearing of support articles of clothing as judge in a trial, which is what I think is referred to, of course that would indicate bias.

To those specifically charged with investigating this case, namely the County PD.

Why doesn't LE just go ahead and ask for volunteers.

I'll volunteer! Heck, we have a substantial neighborhood watch program where my house is & they're not paid but drive around about 10 block radius & ensure our 'hood is safe. Most of us have CCWs in this area and/or have alarm systems in our homes . . . this is within 2 miles of the c@rp off Grand this wknd

Judges are judges because they are to be objective and their function is to use their knowledge of the law to make sure the defendant gets a fair trial. I believe with all the trials we have been privileged to watch on WSs it is clear that the judge always, always protects the defendant under the law. Judges would not be judges for very long if they openly displayed a bias.

LE for the most part is investigating a complaint. Not every situation brings an assault on a police officer. If an officer has done something wrong the facts will support that. Today with phone cameras it is pretty hard to hide facts. Such as the mysterious phone conversation that took place when MB was shot and basically supports what OW reported as what happened.

We have many, many cases on WSs involving charges against officers so it does happen. If you have a beef against LE take it up at court with the judge, report it to State Police, go to your state representative. There is no reason not to report what you feel is police misconduct because it affects all of us. But we all have to take the responsibility and do it. jmo

I would like to think, and I think you state as much as well, that LEO should remain as neutral as Judges while enforcing laws. The conversation got to where it is because we were discussing why some may not trust the justice system and openly supporting a potential criminal defendant before a GJ ruling is handed down is not being neutral in an investigation. After a no true bill is handed down...show all the support in the world for him. Until then, an investigating agency should not so publicly show support for one side of the investigation and not the other.

I think they did that and officers were instructed to no longer wear the bracelets. Granted, they received grief for going through the proper channels for it, but it was done. But the concern would still be, ok, the bracelets are gone but is the underlying bias gone from the investigation?

So where do we gather for all that died because of violence by citizens?

You're not suggesting that our expectations from LEO's should be lowered to those of common thugs are ya?

BBM above: sorry you feel that way because it's happening in the metro area & not being addressed by this "movement" IMHO

when >50 people have been shot & some killed by their own within 2 short months, how is that not pandemic? Get rid of the gang/criminal element, then maybe the shootings with cease

NOTE: 3 women were shot last night just south of SLUs campus; don't think LE shot them -- if LE was culpable, we'd already know about it :); the BP on Grand Saturday night was almost robbed by a gun holder until the clerk shot him in the legs

The thugs are so far from running the City. That's just ridiculous. Pandemic? Please. No one is ever going to get rid of gang shootings/element, though each of those should be addressed and dealt with. Equating LEO to violent thugs is so disingenuous to LEO's every where.

I would like to think, and I think you state as much as well, that LEO should remain as neutral as Judges while enforcing laws. The conversation got to where it is because we were discussing why some may not trust the justice system and openly supporting a potential criminal defendant before a GJ ruling is handed down is not being neutral in an investigation. After a no true bill is handed down...show all the support in the world for him. Until then, an investigating agency should not so publicly show support for one side of the investigation and not the other.

I think they did that and officers were instructed to no longer wear the bracelets. Granted, they received grief for going through the proper channels for it, but it was done. But the concern would still be, ok, the bracelets are gone but is the underlying bias gone from the investigation?

reedus - I so appreciate your view & as another local, provides more information about this area! Thank you, and I agree that Courts & LE (justice system) should be impartial. There should be no underlying bias; however, when your life is on the line, what are you going to do as a human?

In any case, we have oversight, Federal & probably State oversight, in this County investigation, so I do hope the facts will be & were presented in an "impartial" manner. Man, the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ spent on this charade could have been spent elsewhere IMHO

If evidence shows ODW is in the wrong, I will support his due process to be convicted in a court of law, not on the streets of StL by people who don't even reside here (but thanks for the $$$$$ you're spending; it's needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3