MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I wasn't aware that the County PD had stated DW was innocent.

Again, they stated they supported DW and I would only presume that they would not support a murderer, so they must have passed judgment on his innocence already in order to show support. At a minimum, they are inserting a perceived bias into their investigation.

Again, they stated they supported DW and I would only presume that they would not support a murderer, so they must have passed judgment on his innocence already in order to show support. At a minimum, they are inserting a perceived bias into their investigation.
Please provide a link so I can see this statement. Thanks.

The thugs are so far from running the City. That's just ridiculous. Pandemic? Please. No one is ever going to get rid of gang shootings/element, though each of those should be addressed and dealt with. Equating LEO to violent thugs is so disingenuous to LEO's every where.

respectfully, I am stating my opinion & when you have drug dealers having a shoot out in downtown TWICE in a week? WTH

I did not say "thugs are ... running the City" but in communities within the City, they are policing themselves. reedus, even you posted that the Bosnian gang would have quashed the situation if the Shaw protest would have moved south down Grand Ave

reedus - I so appreciate your view & as another local, provides more information about this area! Thank you, and I agree that Courts & LE (justice system) should be impartial. There should be no underlying bias; however, when your life is on the line, what are you going to do as a human?

In any case, we have oversight, Federal oversight, in this County investigation, so I do hope the facts will be & were presented in an "impartial" manner. Man, the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ spent on this charade could have been spent elsewhere IMHO

If evidence shows ODW is in the wrong, I will support his due process to be convicted in a court of law, not on the streets of StL by people who don't even reside here (but thanks for the $$$$$ you're spending; it's needed)

Thanks, but I think you are slightly missing my point. It's not about whether or not I think they will be fair and impartial. It's really not even about if they are, in fact, being fair and impartial. It is more about whether or not their actions are creating a justifiable perception that they are not being fair and impartial. There is a reason that a Judge would never wear such a bracelet. Even if he was completely fair and unbiased, it does not create the appearance of fairness and impartiality. Which is one small reason why I gave that as an example of why some might distrust LEO.

If pressed on a personal impression, I would like to think that those actually doing the investigation are fair and impartial. I think that 90% of the remainder of LEO's have already made up their mind even though they too do not know all of the evidence, though they probably know more than you or I.

Please provide a link so I can see this statement. Thanks.

No thanks. There were hundreds of posts though. I'm sure if you google Wilson and bracelet you will find articles on it. Or google County Police Department Hockey Support Wilson you can probably find more links.

The officers in question of wearing DW wrist bands are not in judgement of DW. The FBI, the DOJ and the GJ are. The county police I do believe were involved in an investigation. The police in question wearing said bands were Ferguson, who by right, are sticking up for their fellow officer and their local. I saw nothing wrong with it.

I also think that since it's been over 2 months and DW has NOT been arrested for any crime, the GJ will be handing down a no true bill.

respectfully, I am stating my opinion & when you have drug dealers having a shoot out in downtown TWICE in a week? WTH

I did not say "thugs are ... running the City" but in communities within the City, they are policing themselves. reedus, even you posted that the Bosnian gang would have quashed the situation if the Shaw protest would have moved south down Grand Ave

Fair enough. I admittedly thought you meant community as a whole, not particular portions of certain communities. Even there though, my personal opinion is that saying they are running the community is an over exaggeration, but that is just my opinion and ours can disagree. I think it's too prolific, but I just don't think they actual run the communities in their small slice of the world.

The officers in question of wearing DW wrist bands are not in judgement of DW. The FBI, the DOJ and the GJ are. The county police I do believe were involved in an investigation. The police in question wearing said bands were Ferguson, who by right, are sticking up for their fellow officer and their local. I saw nothing wrong with it.

I also think that since it's been over 2 months and DW has NOT been arrested for any crime, the GJ will be handing down a no true bill.

Very well might hand down a no true bill. If so, I can't wait to hear the evidence presented that supports DW's position because I haven't heard it yet. I've heard word of what it might be, just not what it actually is.

Such excitement in one room.

but there's a TV on CNN maybe I'll get on Nat'l Media -- man, this is just all too insane IMHO but I do remember the 60s -- history repeats itself ALWAYS (just look at fashion :laugh: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck