MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the weight on Darren Wilson's shoulders today. I am sure he has thought a lot about if I had just not fired my weapon that day.

Even though I support what he did, and that he probably felt his life was in serious danger. imo

apparently, every single LEO life is in danger every single day

I still think it's a mistake to be limiting in their cause. Said it since day 1, they shouldn't have brought in Sharpton. If they focused more on the issue of police violence/brutality, they would have such a larger ground swell of support.

But I don't believe either cases were police brutality. It's fine to protest against it, but to do it in MB's name is misguided IMO. Protesters want instant gratification without putting any long term work into it. They'd rather attend a civil disobedience class than educate themselves on city politics. All those claims of voter registrations turned out to be a sorry number. Strong arm tactics are not going to last too much longer, at least I hope. Last night I was wondering if I had a false sense of security in my own town.

apparently, every singe LEO life is in danger every single day

I realize that, and I have the most respect for them! I know we can what if all day long and it does no good.

I just hope that DW is doing well! imo

LambChop, could you please direct me to this please, I have not heard about this. ( The most damning evidence against MB is an phone video with an unknown person describing what happened and it did not favor MB. ) I have only seen witnesses talking, when this all happened, and everyone was in MB's favor.

I am hoping someone remembers what they called that recording. Because the person who witnessed the shooting is unknown it was pretty much considered an excited utterance regarding what he saw. I do know they referred to the recording by a specific name but I hope someone remembers so I can do a search. It does not appear to be in the media thread.

I am hoping someone remembers what they called that recording. Because the person who witnessed the shooting is unknown it was pretty much considered an excited utterance regarding what he saw. I do know they referred to the recording by a specific name but I hope someone remembers so I can do a search. It does not appear to be in the media thread.

That really took me by surprise, but then I was just watching CNN and everything was in favor, very unbalanced.

it was like 'black calico' or black monaco or something? Black calexo?

ETA: Proof positive^^ that my mind IS going. lol

Was it called the Black Canseco recording?

Thank-you, the Black Canseco recording, have never heard of this.

Black canseco?

I do wonder though if everyone will stand behind this audio as staunchly if a later explanation of what is being described actually supports MB? A lot of words can have lots of meanings to different people and it's hard to determine that without questioning and following up on it. It may play out exactly as DW supporters think it will but I also would not be surprised if the words that could even be made out actually have a different meaning.

That video (although it's really only the audio that's relevant) is often referred to as the "Black Canseco" video -- because it was originally uploaded to YouTube under a user account called Black Canseco. I believe that original YouTube upload has been pulled or made private, but a Google search for black canseco video should turn it up elsewhere.

I think it's also sometimes called by some other name, but I'm not sure.

I think it's a cycle, parents to kids, repeat.

Last thing I want to see is parent(s) burying their child. The sad truth is MB chose not to get on sidewalk causing it to escalate. In VM's case instead of walking with his sandwich, one of them-not sure who, ran. If they had continued to walk this entire tragedy may have been avoided.

I am wondering about self medication. I tried to find article, but couldn't. It was at vigil for VM where pastor said if you are going to smoke blunts, go down the street and some in crowd laughed. Perhaps said in jest, but I feel there is truth to it.

This is part of the reason there is mistrust of police in the community. If you want to hate someone/the system you can always find a way to change the facts to suit your agenda. We have a system in place to enforce the laws. Not everyone agrees with it but we put those people in charge. If we have issues we need to address them properly and right up the line if necessary. As citizens we ALL need to take responsibility for our actions. No police officer wants to end his day by shooting someone and instinct, plus training will tell them to protect their lives. Someone supplied VM with guns, someone knew he had guns, someone never took the responsibility to take the guns away from him to keep this from happening to him.

Why do we expect a police officer to do the job parents and relatives should be doing to keep these young men from getting themselves killed and not just by police? That is the real issue here. We are all tired of hearing that the lives of young men are being destroyed by guns used to solve minor issues. jmo

Vulpes Vulpes ‏@redfoxcountry 11h11 hours ago
"Nonviolent strategists attempt to create a “lose-lose” framework for the opponent and a “win-win” framework for
the movement" #directaction

Vulpes Vulpes ‏@redfoxcountry 11h11 hours ago
"DILEMMA ACTIONS place the opponent in a situation where any response made will result in a negative outcome for the opponent" #directaction

I am pretty sure Klood put all the videos and stuff in the media thread

I can't imagine the weight on Darren Wilson's shoulders today. I am sure he has thought a lot about if I had just not fired my weapon that day.

Even though I support what he did, and that he probably felt his life was in serious danger. imo
I'm glad you said this, Jewels. I've been unable to stop thinking about it, but didn't know how to put it right.

You said it well. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member