MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but there's a TV on CNN maybe I'll get on Nat'l Media -- man, this is just all too insane IMHO but I do remember the 60s -- history repeats itself ALW

I remember the 60s also LOL I wouldn't be too happy if I lived there and my tax dollars were going towards this. I'm not against peaceful protesting, I am at a loss over what this is accomplishing.

I think Tim Pool went to lunch, is there another stream to watch?

they, too, are investigating & I don't know what they wear or their convictions

Ok, not sure why they were brought up then when talking about LE wearing bracelets. And now not sure what convictions have to do with that discussion either. Sorry. It's me. Just not following.

I would like to think, and I think you state as much as well, that LEO should remain as neutral as Judges while enforcing laws. The conversation got to where it is because we were discussing why some may not trust the justice system and openly supporting a potential criminal defendant before a GJ ruling is handed down is not being neutral in an investigation. After a no true bill is handed down...show all the support in the world for him. Until then, an investigating agency should not so publicly show support for one side of the investigation and not the other.

I think they did that and officers were instructed to no longer wear the bracelets. Granted, they received grief for going through the proper channels for it, but it was done. But the concern would still be, ok, the bracelets are gone but is the underlying bias gone from the investigation?

OW was not arrested and the prosecutor did not press charges because they could not find probable cause. Whether people trust the system, or not, it is in the hands of a Grand Jury made up of citizens. How much more do they want? The witnesses testified, all evidence was presented to them with nothing hidden. Not sure what more anyone could ask for other than to wait for a decision from the Grand Jury. The most damning evidence against MB is an phone video with an unknown person describing what happened and it did not favor MB. The most damning evidence for VM is that he fired a weapon at an off-duty LE three times. And yet there are those who will argue these points as not an important decision on whether or not to fire your weapon in self-defense. This is the part I'm just not getting. jmo

I remember the 60s also LOL I wouldn't be too happy if I lived there and my tax dollars were going towards this. I'm not against peaceful protesting, I am at a loss over what this is accomplishing.

I would assume some would say that the action seeks to create a crisis and establish tension such that the community that in the past has refused to listen must now confront the issues.

The officers in question of wearing DW wrist bands are not in judgement of DW. The FBI, the DOJ and the GJ are. The county police I do believe were involved in an investigation. The police in question wearing said bands were Ferguson, who by right, are sticking up for their fellow officer and their local. I saw nothing wrong with it.

I also think that since it's been over 2 months and DW has NOT been arrested for any crime, the GJ will be handing down a no true bill.

I so hate to quote my own post but...let me rephrase the above.

The officers in question of wearing DW wrist bands were FERGUSON police and are not in judgement of DW. The FBI, the DOJ and the GJ are in judgement of DW.

ETA: I'll even go further to say that if DW would have been shot dead while killing MBrown, the Ferguson police would have all worn black armbands in honor of DW. I know years ago, when a Dellwood officer died in the line of duty, they did.

ETAA: Yes, the Dellwood officer was in a shoot-out. I do not wish to link to it since I lived it...I remember it very well since it was my Dad's partner.

Again, they stated they supported DW and I would only presume that they would not support a murderer, so they must have passed judgment on his innocence already in order to show support. At a minimum, they are inserting a perceived bias into their investigation.

I'm sure they are not on the GJ

Investigation? FPD then StLCPD, then MSHP, then DOJ, then FBI -- lots of eyes on this tragedy

Fair enough. I admittedly thought you meant community as a whole, not particular portions of certain communities. Even there though, my personal opinion is that saying they are running the community is an over exaggeration, but that is just my opinion and ours can disagree. I think it's too prolific, but I just don't think they actual run the communities in their small slice of the world.

eh, all one must do is look at a crime map

OW was not arrested and the prosecutor did not press charges because they could not find probable cause. Whether people trust the system, or not, it is in the hands of a Grand Jury made up of citizens. How much more do they want? The witnesses testified, all evidence was presented to them with nothing hidden. Not sure what more anyone could ask for other than to wait for a decision from the Grand Jury. The most damning evidence against MB is an phone video with an unknown person describing what happened and it did not favor MB. The most damning evidence for VM is that he fired a weapon at an off-duty LE three times. And yet there are those who will argue these points as not an important decision on whether or not to fire your weapon in self-defense. This is the part I'm just not getting. jmo

I was not talking about arrests. I was talking about reasons why some may have distrust for the system.

As for the GJ, that is just but one fraction of the system. Their decision is only as good as the information provided to them. And if those that go and get that information for the GJ (County PD) have already shown they have chosen sides, does that not call into question the nature of the evidence gathered by them? I also would not let McCulloch off the hook that easily. He is also part of that system and the information provided to the GJ is also affected by the manner in which it is presented. I will always stand by my position that if he wanted an indictment, he'd get one. If he doesn't want one, he won't get one. There are various ways of presenting the same piece of evidence that can deliver completely different messages.

I can't imagine the weight on Darren Wilson's shoulders today. I am sure he has thought a lot about if I had just not fired my weapon that day.

Even though I support what he did, and that he probably felt his life was in serious danger. imo

LambChop, could you please direct me to this please, I have not heard about this. ( The most damning evidence against MB is an phone video with an unknown person describing what happened and it did not favor MB. ) I have only seen witnesses talking, when this all happened, and everyone was in MB's favor.

I'm sure they are not on the GJ

Investigation? FPD then StLCPD, then MSHP, then DOJ, then FBI -- lots of eyes on this tragedy

I agree 100%. If they're not on the GJ they shouldn't be passing judgment at all and never should have worn bracelets or made other public statements backing a potential criminal defendant.

Radio broke in with weather warning. Tornado sighted but don't think it's too close.

I've progressed/regressed into watching livestream only. What point the rhetoric? Just seems hateful.

maryamaquarium ustream channel

Hey there pops :) all... :wave:

For some reason I haven't had any luck with the above ustream. It may be related to my computer firewall or something like that.

I am getting some information from nothiefs. It's a bit difficult to tell if he is live. As far as I can see, out of the several windows he has open; one of them is in the daylight and appears to be raining.

It looks like Tim Poole is MIA for the moment.

The ppl in the stream chats have seriously drank the kool-aid. And then I made a comment thinking I was in nothief's .. oops

newsrevo

Would someone please give a link or two livestreaming the events that are happening. Thank-you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member