MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like very few Jane Does are given composite drawings or even have details about how they were found. I got the impression it was from what little is found of many Does.
That seems so odd.

That's true. Animals can cause problems.

You wonder how accurate you can may a composite if you can fo one at all if you only have part of what would be someone's face. I kept thinking bodies would be found quickly but that's probably not the norm.

You wonder how accurate you can may a composite if you can fo one at all if you only have part of what would be someone's face. I kept thinking bodies would be found quickly but that's probably not the norm.
They can make a composite after they do a clay restructure of the whole head. Dna would probably be done too.

They can make a composite after they do a clay restructure of the whole head. Dna would probably be done too.

I wonder if any one that does reconstructions can answer how much bone is needed. Are there some skull fragments that DNA can't be retrieved from?

This has the entire article. It's still from 1994.

Thank you for posting the entire article! I find some things in this article to be somewhat bizarre. Thomas feels that if an arrest is made, there will initially be a feeling like a burden is lifted. Followed by sobriety and anguish. And he's referring to the community as a whole, not just the victims' families & friends. It's so weird because yeah, that's the usual response when a perp is finally apprehended after disappearing a group of innocent people. But it's like he's trying to say something else, like maybe the perp/s is/are someone that these women trusted, someone close to them, or someone considered an upstanding member of the community since it seems he's alluding to the entire community being affected by this and not just in the usual "oh that's terrible, I feel awful for those three women" kind of way. I wonder who he suspected!

Thank you for posting the entire article! I find some things in this article to be somewhat bizarre. Thomas feels that if an arrest is made, there will initially be a feeling like a burden is lifted. Followed by sobriety and anguish. And he's referring to the community as a whole, not just the victims' families & friends. It's so weird because yeah, that's the usual response when a perp is finally apprehended after disappearing a group of innocent people. But it's like he's trying to say something else, like maybe the perp/s is/are someone that these women trusted, someone close to them, or someone considered an upstanding member of the community since it seems he's alluding to the entire community being affected by this and not just in the usual "oh that's terrible, I feel awful for those three women" kind of way. I wonder who he suspected!

He could have said things thinking the perp or perps would read this and it would scare them into thinking the police were close. Or at least he was. Claiming he knows what preceded the crime is a big deal. You can file charges with motive and some evidence.
Thomas's phrasing is a little odd. The word "profitable" doesn't really fit imo. The "sobriety and anguish" could also be about questioning how someone with previous charges, like sexual assault, or rape, which should mean they are dangerous have been walking free. This could apply to Garrison, Cox or someone totally different. It could also be disappointment and shock in someone that is a community leader or someone people are supposed to trust like another cop? IDK.

The only one I can think of where sobriety would come into play and would cause anger and a burden is Bartt. He was a alcoholic if I am remember correctly.

He could have said things thinking the perp or perps would read this and it would scare them into thinking the police were close. Or at least he was. Claiming he knows what preceded the crime is a big deal. You can file charges with motive and some evidence.
Thomas's phrasing is a little odd. The word "profitable" doesn't really fit imo. The "sobriety and anguish" could also be about questioning how someone with previous charges, like sexual assault, or rape, which should mean they are dangerous have been walking free. This could apply to Garrison, Cox or someone totally different. It could also be disappointment and shock in someone that is a community leader or someone people are supposed to trust like another cop? IDK.

Good thoughts, this was written 2 years after the crime. Yes I agree it seems he was alluding to something situational that would impact the entire community. To add to your list, it could have been that solving this crime would also expose a larger criminal element in the community. Which also leads me to wonder if there were people in LE or otherwise high up in the community had a reason NOT to solve it. Keep distracting everyone with all of these other boogeymen suspects (Cox, LD Hall, etc) and hope that eventually everyone forgets about it. Anything is possible at this point I think.

Good thoughts, this was written 2 years after the crime. Yes I agree it seems he was alluding to something situational that would impact the entire community. To add to your list, it could have been that solving this crime would also expose a larger criminal element in the community. Which also leads me to wonder if there were people in LE or otherwise high up in the community had a reason NOT to solve it. Keep distracting everyone with all of these other boogeymen suspects (Cox, LD Hall, etc) and hope that eventually everyone forgets about it. Anything is possible at this point I think.
What if he was using words that sound weird because they aren't how he would normally talk? Do you know how when you right a paper for school you use different word than how you actually speak, especially when you are trying to avoid repeating words or phrases. Could he have been self conscious and we are over thinking his language? lol

My pet theory concerning Garrison. Lovers talk. When Stacie was dating Dustin she could of told him something sensitive about herself or her mother. Dustin then tells his mother; who then tells her boyfriend, Garrison. Garrison, being a recidivist, tried to exploit this for leniency with the law. But, in actuality, it is only the motive. I also think the gag order is to protect this information from getting out.

What if he was using words that sound weird because they aren't how he would normally talk? Do you know how when you right a paper for school you use different word than how you actually speak, especially when you are trying to avoid repeating words or phrases. Could he have been self conscious and we are over thinking his language? lol
I think it boils down to: He knows the motive and it’s shocking.

Oh I definitely could just be over thinking it lol, that's what I do :p !

I think it boils down to: He knows the motive and it’s shocking.
Yes. We are probably overthinking his language. That’s what we do. Lol....
But he also knows that people like us will overthink his words. Guys like him are used to public speaking. They craft their words very carefully. To the point where it comes naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02