MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who killed them but Sherrill stands out as far as being older and not at any parties. It would be easier to get a parent to leave their home if they thought their child was in trouble. If she woke up and found cars being dropped off by people other than Suzie and Stacy that could have been an issue. If something happened to one or both girls she might have gone out to help them. She could have gotten into a car with someone she believed was taking her to the hospital or jail. The girls could have gone somewhere else from Suzie's and something could have happened then. I wonder if the timeline police were given is correct.
You may be right about someone else driving the vehicles home. The mother's car being parked in the carport could mean that someone was following her car in traffic. She hurried and parked in the carport giving her quicker entry to the house. She may have called her daughter at one of those parties to tell her what happened. Apparently, if this happened, she didn't fear that person enough to call the police. Also, did the mother own any kind of weapon that may have been taken from the house that night. Sometimes people who have a weapon can't get to it quickly enough to defend themselves. Of course this is all theory. I hope someone can think of something to solve this case soon. The culprit, or culprits, could be dead by now.

Sherrill makes the most sense as the original victim but what doesn’t add up is no sign of rape or forced entry and why would said perpetrators wait around for hours in the home as the girls didn’t get home until 3am.
Good points. Also, what if someone thought there was something in the house, or cars, that they wanted very badly. Did someone take something that they were willing to kill to get?

Did Michael Clay get sent to Court ordered rehab?

that’s pretty deep if that’s true as you wouldn’t get sent their as part of your court order for weed.

that’s pretty deep if that’s true as you wouldn’t get sent their as part of your court order for weed.

Would they send him there because he admitted being on LSD during the grave robbery? I know someone who got sent to AA after he did something stupid while drunk despite not being an alcoholic, feel it's pretty common instead of prison when you claim inebriation to explain your actions. Could imagine it being even more common in the 90s when people were a lot more scared of drugs.

The bigger issue is Clay getting jail time while Joe gets off scot-free while both had the same lawyer, Joe had a bigger rap sheet and fugitive bounty of $100k, and Joe admitted to doing most of the crime......
None of that makes sense....then you have Asher in late June not admitting to Joe passing a poly but does say Mike and Dusty do...

joe also used an alias for awhile.... ‘joe vocke’ but now is back to using riedel.....something suspicious there

Last edited:
Could imagine it being even more common in the 90s when people were a lot more scared of drugs.
Not really how it works...If a burglary or vandalism type crime involved narcotics,, lawyers fought for those rehabs to get their clients better correctional facilities....

Good points. Also, what if someone thought there was something in the house, or cars, that they wanted very badly. Did someone take something that they were willing to kill to get?

IMO, the killing occurred because as the profiler suggested - the perpetrator(s) were known, familiar, recognizable.

BK

Not really how it works...If a burglary or vandalism type crime involved narcotics,, lawyers fought for those rehabs to get their clients better correctional facilities....

Sure but the judge would be more likely to accept it without proof of addiction/need of treatment during a time with a much more fearful attitude towards, and lesser understanding of drugs i imagine.

This is a good theory. I also wonder why they didn´t stay at Janelle´s. Maybe there was someone at that house who made them feel "uncomfortable"? I agree with you that something happened that night.
Perhaps they should also look at any videos and pics of the actual graduation ceremony. See if anyone of interest may pop up. That audience may be as important as the party participants.

Last edited:
You may be right about someone else driving the vehicles home. The mother's car being parked in the carport could mean that someone was following her car in traffic. She hurried and parked in the carport giving her quicker entry to the house. She may have called her daughter at one of those parties to tell her what happened. Apparently, if this happened, she didn't fear that person enough to call the police. Also, did the mother own any kind of weapon that may have been taken from the house that night. Sometimes people who have a weapon can't get to it quickly enough to defend themselves. Of course this is all theory. I hope someone can think of something to solve this case soon. The culprit, or culprits, could be dead by now.
I don’t think I’ve read or heard if Sherrill had a gun, didn’t like guns, etc., which Bartt or her sister would’ve known. A missing gun would be a big deal.

This is not connected to this case but I see that a former sheriff’s lieutenant, 68, in Greene County was sentenced to six consecutive life terms in the sexual abuse of an eight year old girl.

A few years ago a police officer with the SPD got about four years in the slammer for dealing with child *advertiser censored*. I believe he was evidently the officer who signed off on the original police report. BK might be able to shed more light on this as she was the first to note that some time back.
This certainly could raise suspicions. Where were either of these two the night of the occurrence? Remember that dog was locked in a bathroom. Sometimes people do that if they're allergic to pets. Were either of these guys allergic to pets?

I don’t think I’ve read or heard if Sherrill had a gun, didn’t like guns, etc., which Bartt or her sister would’ve known. A missing gun would be a big deal.
Same. I think only one former poster, who many here respect, made a claim about a gun existing.

He had good research but I am not sure if there's truth to this claim. Nor how he would find out about it if he wasn't LE himself.

Another thing that a big deal is Sherrill's missing love interest. A couple of names have been bandied about, but I have yet to see any proof. I'd give my eye teeth to see a picture of Sherrill and her putative boyfriend, whether it be Randy Little, Gerald Carnahan, or someone else entirely.

I registered
Same. I think only one former poster, who many here respect, made a claim about a gun existing.

He had good research but I am not sure if there's truth to this claim. Nor how he would find out about it if he wasn't LE himself.

I purchased two guns from a gun dealer while living there. The background checks were done and I got the gun permits from the Greene County Sheriff’s office. Cost was $10 each. I would think there should be a paper trail there.

Having said that, present law only requires background checks for the original purchaser. One I resold to the gun dealer. The other I sold down in Texas and got a bill of sale although so far as I know none is required. This is the misnamed “gun show loophole.” Second and subsequent sales are not tracked, unless the gun is sold interstate. Those have to be sold through a registered gun dealer. Most are not, in my opinion.

She could have bought it from a gun dealer in which there may be a paper registration at the sheriff’s office. If she purchased it second hand there would unlikely be no paper trail. Anyone can correct me if there is any misstatement.

This certainly could raise suspicions. Where were either of these two the night of the occurrence? Remember that dog was locked in a bathroom. Sometimes people do that if they're allergic to pets. Were either of these guys allergic to pets?

My recollection is that it turned out that the dog was running loose in the house when Janelle arrived. There was some discussion about the dog being locked in the bathroom or possibly closet accounting for the shoes being in disarray.

That brings up an interesting question. I thought on one video that Janelle said she had never been to the home before and the dog reportedly jumped into her arms when Janelle and Mike arrived as though the dog recognized her. My memory could of course be faulty.

Hmmmmm. Someone help me here.

Last edited:
My recollection is that it turned out that the dog was running loose in the house when Janelle arrived. There was some discussion about the dog being locked in the bathroom or possibly closet accounting for the shoes being in disarray.

That brings up an interesting question. I thought on one video that Janelle said she had never been to the home before and the dog reportedly jumped into her arms when Janelle and Mike arrived as though the dog recognized her. My memory could of course be faulty.

Hmmmmm. Someone help me here.

Attachments

• BD5E3B9E-6B6B-4B2A-81E9-BE2146A84536.png
    BD5E3B9E-6B6B-4B2A-81E9-BE2146A84536.png
    306.4 KB · Views: 34
Offender Profiling is pseudoscientific. All it's really useful for is things that are evidently likely by context and evidence (which is really just regular investigation). Like if you are looking for a violent rapist it's obviously likely they have a problem with women, maybe they had an abusive mother, were cheated on, etc. But with more specific and less obvious things most studies say profiling operates at about the level of chance. A few profiles have been very accurate but those are absolutely the exception, you never hear about the ones that are way off or only get the obvious things right and those make up the majority of profiles. They aren't completely useless, i think they are a good way of arranging all of the information together to look at the whole picture but you really shouldn't look at them as anything significant IMO.

I’d think her friends-especially her ex roommate-would know if she kept or had a gun. A lot of single women do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy