MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all agree on Stacy.

I would move quickly to rule out the party goers.

The crime scene was devoid of evidence that a bunch of jailbirds or graveyard vandals were involved.

There is a very obvious suspect. And the motive is clear.

As to some master plan I’m not seeing it.
think about this more.... bike gang...drugs.....

Last edited:
If someone followed them to Delmar that’d have meant that the were waiting outside janelle’s parents while they were deciding where to sleep

jeep only seats 4, appleby and his gf(now wife)..was in the car...why would they follow? (Can’t abduct 3 women in a Jeep with 5 people)I think it’s a safe assumption... Joy etc had alibi confirmed by family members/friends
I agree. It is a safe assumption. However, it’s still not fact. And you suggested we stick to the facts.

I agree. It is a safe assumption. However, it’s still not fact. And you suggested we stick to the facts.
Janis said that actually
And yes, I did...those are facts (the last minute party leavers) unless we throw all police confirmation of alibis etc out the window in some existential/french philosophical way where we dont agree with empirical evidence..
If you think they stopped at a gas station (no proof of them doing this or someone would have reported)..... they went from Janelle to Delmar and thats what police say too and they give the time window
jeep wranglers seating 4 is also a fact...speaking matter of factly about it is fine, supposing is not a good use of time imo....

Last edited:
Yeah I did...those are facts (the last minute party leavers) unless we throw all police confirmation of alibis etc out the window in some existent

If you think they stopped at a gas station (no proof of them doing this or someone would have reported)..... they went from Janelle to Delmar and thats what police say too and they give the time window

jeep wranglers seating 4 is also a fact...speaking matter of factly about it is fine, supposing is not a good use of time imo....
I don’t think they stopped for gas.

If someone followed them to Delmar that’d have meant that the were waiting outside janelle’s parents while they were deciding where to sleep
jeep only seats 4, appleby and his gf(now wife)..was in the car...why would they follow? (Can’t abduct 3 women in a Jeep with 5 people)I think it’s a safe assumption... Joy etc had alibi confirmed by family members/friends

if a stranger was lurking ready to follow the girls...Janelle would have noticed them

With people leaving parties and going to different houses it might not be that obvious. Kids are drinking and celebrating graduating, they probably feel safe and aren't on high alert for a predator.

IMO suppositions are a waste of time...

janis said it best: stick to facts based research

No one at the parties would have included Sherrill or followed them home....especially since they didn’t know where they were going until a little while in janelle’s... otherwise why not go kill Stu and Janis too? And Bartt?...

I think my post was about the unlocked door. Evidently you were referring to another post.

Not sure if I follow your comments about Stu and Janis.

‘This was investigated abd written about in the early days. The last I have read is that this was believed to be a sexual assault, not drugs.

Are we being told disinformation? And if so why?

I don't think there is enough information to say what the motive was conclusively. I feel like they went over Sherrill and Suzie's lives very closely, looking at the men in their lives and any high risk behavior it came to nothing. I don't think there was anything to find. If you look at cases where women are abducted or murdered, there is often a sexual component especially if you aren't dealing with a spouse or significant other. If you were trying to silence others and scare them about snitching or talking to police it might be more effective if bodies were found. Disposing of bodies is a way to hide evidence like DNA from the perp or perps which would also hide rape. MOO

A cop could have committed this crime. I can’t see any rationale to have allowed any of the GJ3 in.

I meant to mention this earlier. The perp could have been there previously before the girls arrived, That might explain why Suzie’s car was off the driveway and partly in the grass. The perp may have been in the driveway prior to the girl’s arrival. But the cracked blinds contraindicate this possibility. That indicated the perp arrived after the girls were in bed.

It was told to me that one known cop was working that night. They were allowed to take off duty jobs to supplement their incomes. Figuring working from 6 PM to 3AM would have a perfect timeline to get from the off-duty job to the house at about 3:30 AM. I am speculating he was not at church the next morning. Was the department even aware he was working that night?
The perp could’ve bent the blinds if they saw headlights.

‘This was investigated abd written about in the early days. The last I have read is that this was believed to be a sexual assault, not drugs.

Are we being told disinformation? And if so why?
Yes. In short...

more media is bad at ascertaining info...don’t dismiss that

Could they have possibly been buried in other peoples graves ? I'd picked up on the "grave robber" stuff and thought this could be a possibility (as you're going to need a canny big hole to bury 3 women together IMO).
Well we know one of the grave robbers (Riedel) had no problems at all handling/being around the the dead...like TexasT said...deviant behavior shown there

Hi , We had a run in with Cox , thought he was a creep . He tried to be slick , not buying it . Then later find out-

In August of 1985, a young girl named Kathleen Boice arrivedat her house in Crestview California. As she exited her vehicle, Cox, who wasfollowing her, jumped from his car, grabbed the victim, threw her to theground, placed a seven-inch knife to her throat and told her, “Go with me,don’t scream or I’ll kill you.” During this scuffle, the knife cut the victim’shand.

In December of 1985, a young woman, Gidget Wickam, wasstationed with the U.S. Army at Fort Ord, California. Ms. Wickam went to theairport to retrieve luggage and, as she was leaving the airport, Cox, who askedher for a ride to the base, confronted her. She complied and, en route, Coxdrew a firearm on Ms. Wickham and told her they were not driving to the basebut driving to the mountains.

He could have followed the girls & jumped out when they were parking , just like he did to Boice . Might explain why the car veered off into the yard .
He’s used a knife & guns before , and if he’s holding a weapon on your daughter or mom you would comply . He pulled a gun on that 12 year old girl in Texas , means he’s not above doing anything .

No one even knows when the blinds were bent. Because of that, it doesn't signify in my opinion. Nothing to be gained there one way or the other.

Agreed. I never did understand why anyone focused any attention on the blinds. Maybe they were always like that? Maybe they looked out the blinds all the time? No one knows...and even friends probably wouldn't have remembered such an insignificant thing.

But honestly, one has to admit Cox can’t be eliminated.

The last time I can recall the possible suspects were Cox, Carnahan and Garrison.

We can virtually rule out Garrison since most people who know his story say he has a solid alibi.

Cox only has the alibi of his parents but he could have climbed out of a ground floor window.

Carnahan was believed by many to be the perp. With his sordid history that certainly puts him in the suspect pool. I will say this. I worked with his wife for six or seven years. If he did it it sure didn’t slip out.

I think we should concentrate on one to five individuals. I had been leaning on the one perp theory but not ruling out more. Whoever got into the house or lured them out was “trusted.”

That strongly points at a police officer or a “fake” police officer. There were some police uniforms stolen from a local dry cleaners prior to the abductions.

Last edited:
But honestly, one has to admit Cox can’t be eliminated.

The last time I can recall the possible suspects were Cox, Carnahan and Garrison.

We can virtually rule out Garrison since most people who know his story say he has a solid alibi.

Cox only has the alibi of his parents but he could have climbed out of a ground floor window.

Carnahan was believed by many to be the perp. With his sordid history that certainly puts him in the suspect pool. I will say this. I worked with his wife for six or seven years. If he did it it sure didn’t slip out.

I think we should concentrate on one to five individuals. I had been leaning on the one perp theory but not ruling out more. Whoever got into the house or lured them out was “trusted.”

That strongly points at a police officer or a “fake” police officer. There were some police uniforms stolen from a local dry cleaners prior to the abductions.
a few of Sherrill’s clients claim she dated or went on a date with GC . I’d want to confirm that with a more knowledgeable person like Joe Tate .
I don’t remember reading in the N-L that the uniforms were accounted for ? OR of any reports of a crime or even a teen prank with a SPD uniform involved?

Why did cox fabricate an Alibi and have his gf lie about it ? Big red flag . Maybe he was doing something else illegal , but it smells bad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member