Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going a direction she wouldn't normally go, and if the map details everyone keeps talking about are right about not much around near the area she was headed, makes me think more on the theory of drug or meet up of some kind, gone wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...I really want to stay focused on finding something helpful to Toni's case, but I'll speak for myself here.

I welcome your opinion. And as I have said, I think she was either harmed in a sex/drugs exchange or left on her own.

I am willing to entertain and test and try to build off of other less likely theories because THAT'S ALL WE HAVE RIGHT NOW...ya know? :)

The last bit in your comment about Toni not being that sophisticated...I think that could make people bristle a little bit bc she's been judged/shamed on the internet. While my choices in life have been very different than her, I also acknowledge a lot of women who choose riskier paths do so because it feels like the only option accessible to them. And doing so doesn't cancel out the possibility that she's brilliant...or sophisticated...or capable of orchestrating something complex.

Still, and again, I'll emphasize that you and I agree on likely outcomes. I'm still going to sink my time into thinking through all outcomes though because there's a 20 year old woman missing...a life is at stake...and there's a grieving family that wants her back.

I don't think you meant any harm, so I hope you stay and join us and add your point of view to the mix. :)

Sorry, but my take on her is that she was not some world-weary, drug kingpin.

She was a kid. Yeah, maybe aligned with some seedy folks, but she comes off as more of an innocent to me than someone capable of an elaborate hoax.

I get that some of you think she did this thing herself or was involved in shady activity. I, however, do not.

I think she was a victim and never saw it coming.

She was a kid. Yeah, maybe aligned with some seedy folks, but she comes off as more of an innocent to me than someone capable of an elaborate hoax.

I get that some of you think she did this thing herself or was involved in shady activity. I, however, do not.

Also, thanks for inviting me to stay here.

(modsnip)

Haven't read today's posts yet but I see Go Fund Me is up to over $10,000. I thought when they reached $8,000 they'd do a reward for information, which seems like a good idea as any imo.
So, I headed over to the Missing TA page but no updates there at all, though the page admin has made a couple replies to comments today, one I noted voiced some frustration about the PD. Are we already losing steam here?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I hear you. I was a very driven 20 year old, but still naive in some ways. And if someone else is responsible, I agree she was a vulnerable victim.

All the more reason for us to all work together to contribute some help.

I checked the Wichita court records...nothing.

Do we know for sure Toni is her legal name?

We just had a case here in my hometown where a women, Holly Grim, went missing. Literally vanished and no one saw anything. The same frustrations were directed at the police. 3 years later we find out the police were onto the suspect, now arrested, since almost day one. Evidence though, they needed the evidence. Anyway turns out a coworker had been stalking Holly for 7 years and kidnapped her from her home and proceeded to murder her. Everyone side eyed her boyfriend for quite some time. We kept coming back to someone had to have known her routine. Well he did.

My point is if an unassuming women ran into this with a person she saw everyday at an unassuming job I really think friends should think hard about any men Toni would run into unexpectedly a lot and mentioned it to them. Any strange patrons. Any weird social media followers.

If she was hurt it is very possible the culprit knew where she was or where she was going. So for me it boils down to WHO knew where she was headed. Because some madman on the streets has less of a chance of happening then someone knowing exactly where she was.

Every time I think she couldn't possibly have disappeared on her own that go fund me page reaches a new high.

Then there's this weird thing the BF did of hiring a private investigator almost immediately. Why?
At that point of her missing one is still holding out hope that maybe there was an accident and she's at least alive and search parties are the main focus and put together. Not a BF hiring a PI. Just makes no sense.
Why did he think a private investigator was even needed? What would a PI be privately investigating on day two or three?
A private investigator would be hired A). by her parents and B). when you've exhausted all resources and have determined that it most likely wasn't an accident or freak abduction and that you might be dealing with a run away or shady insider friends or business associates.

It's like Steven Capobianco calling himself a likely suspect when at that point his girlfriend was just missing. Why are you calling yourself a likely suspect? Well because he was the one that killed her.

Watch closely to what people close to her are saying.

I thought Toni's boyfriend started the with the stated intent to hire a PI, but that one has not yet been hired and the money is now in control of Toni's parents and to be used for a reward? I admit I'm a few pages behind; did something change?

IMO whoever she was hiding from when she was in Wichita, finally found her. It seems like her social media presence was pretty public.

I still don't rule out that in addition, she was a CI. To me it seems very plausible, given her post about her drug arrest problem going away by some mechanism she couldn't go into detail about.

I feel so bad for Toni and her family.

This story has taken a hold on me and the input on here has been impressive. I'm just adding my two cents and somethings I can't get over.

I can't be the only 1 that finds it odd that after working late at an adult club at nearly 4am she is planning to go to another adult club just to hang out wow. Look she 20 and people hang late of course but man back to back adult clubs. I have a feeling that both clubs will play a role in some way. She seems like a free spirit and let's not forget we don't know the characters she met at these clubs. There are men out here who are pros in convincing women and in those environments everything is a toss up let's all keep that in mind.

The more I think about that text she sent her friend the more I'm confused now. At first I agree with the friend but now I'm leaning towards well what if she meant it was happening again SAME NIGHT remember OMG. Would apply again because think about the first time she could push off like well it's late whatever cop stopped me I need gas so I'm rushing but that OMG to me means something happens back to back quick and also why did she feel need tell her in text they were meeting could have told her than. Sometimes we feel fear and share it in different ways like that.

Lastly I still can't wrap my head around why atm decline usually at that time of night you do transactions that you know will work. That implies to me somebody was rushing. Maybe it's time for a private investigator because KC has two other big cases also right now. Somebody needs to hone in solo without police politics.

I thought Toni's boyfriend started the with the stated intent to hire a PI, but that one has not yet been hired and the money is now in control of Toni's parents and to be used for a reward? I admit I'm a few pages behind; did something change?

IMO whoever she was hiding from when she was in Wichita, finally found her. It seems like her social media presence was pretty public.

I still don't rule out that in addition, she was a CI. To me it seems very plausible, given her post about her drug arrest problem going away by some mechanism she couldn't go into detail about.

I feel so bad for Toni and her family.

Toni's boyfriend did start the page and was immediately talking about hiring a PI. The parents first disavowed any connection to and/or endorsement of the page and then within a matter of a week (maybe less) they took control of the page. I don't recall a reward other than sleuthers posting the suggestion this thread - but that doesn't mean there hasn't been an official word about there being a reward. It's late and I'm bound toto forget something at this hour. [emoji42]

On Toni hiding from someone it doesn't look as though she was doing a very good job just based on her SM posts. Everyone following this on WS has no personal connection to her (or no one commenting has said they do) nor do people on WS have a reason to locate her through SM, except for this case. Yet she seems to have been pretty easy to find in multiple SM platforms. JMO, but it seems odd that someone who wanted to find her was unable to do so and possibly took as long as over a year to settle their grudge. Not that it isn't possible, just seems like a long time to wait - especially if you think that person is ratting on you to the cops.

I hope any of the options and theories we discuss on here can help discover the clues to finding Toni - even if we have differing opinions.

This story has taken a hold on me and the input on here has been impressive. I'm just adding my two cents and somethings I can't get over.

I can't be the only 1 that finds it odd that after working late at an adult club at nearly 4am she is planning to go to another adult club just to hang out wow. Look she 20 and people hang late of course but man back to back adult clubs. I have a feeling that both clubs will play a role in some way. She seems like a free spirit and let's not forget we don't know the characters she met at these clubs. There are men out here who are pros in convincing women and in those environments everything is a toss up let's all keep that in mind.

The more I think about that text she sent her friend the more I'm confused now. At first I agree with the friend but now I'm leaning towards well what if she meant it was happening again SAME NIGHT remember OMG. Would apply again because think about the first time she could push off like well it's late whatever cop stopped me I need gas so I'm rushing but that OMG to me means something happens back to back quick and also why did she feel need tell her in text they were meeting could have told her than. Sometimes we feel fear and share it in different ways like that.

Lastly I still can't wrap my head around why atm decline usually at that time of night you do transactions that you know will work. That implies to me somebody was rushing. Maybe it's time for a private investigator because KC has two other big cases also right now. Somebody needs to hone in solo without police politics.

The "ATM" could have actually been an attempt at the pump to get gas. A lot of people, and especially younger people, don't realize that when you attempt to get gas and pay at the pump the convenience store automatically places a $50 hold on your account (sometimes it's more) and won't deduct the actual amount and release the funds that are on hold for 3-5 days. So if you don't have the funds to cover the $50 when you swipe your card at the pump, then the transaction will be declined.

Toni may not have known about the hold and attempted the transaction twice because in her mind she's only trying to get $10 in gas and knows she has $10 in her account. Yet the convenience store is sending a request to the bank for $50, or whatever their hold amount is.

One last explanation for something that seemed weird, but a very reasonable and understandable explanation finally dawned on me. Very early on, right after Toni disappeared, there was talk of hiring a PI (believe by her BF) and many on WS (myself included) and other SM formats questioned the true intentions for this. However, knowing about the Janina Vasquez case made me realize they would be doing the right thing by hiring a PI immediately.

With the Janina Vasquez case being so recent, involving someone around the same age as Toni, and who disappeared suddenly would be cause for alarm on it's own. But to also know that JV's family experienced dissatisfaction with the involvement and investigation of LE during the first few days of JV's disappearance and that if more had been done during the first few days, JV might still be alive today would definitely make me want someone other than LE investigating the case. And then JV's family later learns LE held back the 911 call JV made - including not even telling them there was even a call at all, much less what was said during the call. Yeah, I would probably want my own investigator even if we're talking about two different LE agencies.

Then there's this weird thing the BF did of hiring a private investigator almost immediately. Why?
At that point of her missing one is still holding out hope that maybe there was an accident and she's at least alive and search parties are the main focus and put together. Not a BF hiring a PI. Just makes no sense.
Why did he think a private investigator was even needed? What would a PI be privately investigating on day two or three?
A private investigator would be hired A). by her parents and B). when you've exhausted all resources and have determined that it most likely wasn't an accident or freak abduction and that you might be dealing with a run away or shady insider friends or business associates.

It's like Steven Capobianco calling himself a likely suspect when at that point his girlfriend was just missing. Why are you calling yourself a likely suspect? Well because he was the one that killed her.

Watch closely to what people close to her are saying.

Is there a video of this? Could only find trial videos

Almost caught up on thread, on pg 50 of thread #2 and first post here. Have been following since day one and wanted to contribute some of my thoughts as a local of KC.

1- I find it highly unlikely that she walked away from the club with little to no cash that evening seeing as it was the farthest the KC Chiefs have made it in the playoffs in years and it was a home game. Chrome Club is right next to the stadium and always runs promos for games, my money would be on that place being packed with drunk football fans both before and after the game.

The Chiefs/Steelers game was on the night of the 15th (Sunday), started at 8:30 p.m. eastern that night. It was supposed to start at 1:00pm but was moved to 8:30 p.m. because of the projected snow storms (that didn't happen).

So Toni went missing the night before the game but her cell phone stopped an hour into the game?

Pittsburgh at Kansas City Jan. 15 8:20 p.m.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkay...isional-odds-against-the-spread/#5a94a71c14ca

The "ATM" could have actually been an attempt at the pump to get gas. A lot of people, and especially younger people, don't realize that when you attempt to get gas and pay at the pump the convenience store automatically places a $50 hold on your account (sometimes it's more) and won't deduct the actual amount and release the funds that are on hold for 3-5 days. So if you don't have the funds to cover the $50 when you swipe your card at the pump, then the transaction will be declined.

Toni may not have known about the hold and attempted the transaction twice because in her mind she's only trying to get $10 in gas and knows she has $10 in her account. Yet the convenience store is sending a request to the bank for $50, or whatever their hold amount is.

That's true......I had the same thing happen to me when I moved, changed my address with my debit card but it didn't get updated apparently. When I went to get gas at the pump it wanted my zip code. The first time entering I was in a hurry and missed it by a number and it declined. So I tried again. The second time I made sure I typed slowly and entered new zip code, again declined.
So, I tried a third time with old zip code and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay