Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2017/01/30/police-imposter-toni-anderson/

Did a police imposter pull over Toni Anderson?
[/h]Posted by Missing Persons Admin
[FONT=&quot]It has been over two weeks since Toni Anderson was last seen at a gas station in Kansas City. The last text message she sent said she was being pulled over “again.” There has been a lot of speculation since she went missing, and some of that speculation has to do with the word “again” used in her text message. Many have stated that the word again only meant she was pulled over often, others feel she was pulled over twice. Now with a reported incident over the weekend of another woman being pulled over by a man impersonating a police officer, you can’t help but wonder if “again” actually did mean she was being pulled over twice that night.
Read more here: Toni Anderson missing from Kansas City after getting gas
Although there has been discrepancy with the timeline for Toni, I believe this is the most recent. It shows her being pulled over at 4:20-4:25 (two different times I have read the police have stated). The stop was about 7 minutes long, per FOX4KC. Video that FOX4KC obtained from a business across the street shows Toni arriving at the gas station and also leaving. The time she left was stated to be at 4:40 and two minutes later she sends a text. I thought at the time that it was strange that she would wait until she was pulling out of the gas station to send a text, but with this ever-changing time line I thought that maybe she was actually sitting at the gas station and sent the text and then pulled out. Or maybe even exiting the station and then pulled over to send a quick text message.
4:15 a.m. – Left work.
4:20 a.m. – Pulled over by North KC police for illegal lane change.
4:33 a.m. – Bank records show a declined transaction at an unknown QuikTrip.
4:40 a.m. – Anderson left the gas station.
4:42 a.m. – Anderson sent text.
4:53 a.m. – Anderson received incoming text from unidentified number, and she did not respond
I began to wonder if people impersonating police officers in Kansas City was a random thing. I did some research on incidences involving people being pulled over by imposter or suspected imposter police and this is what I found:

1. Fox4KC is reported the police have stated that a woman called 911 Saturday, January 28, 2017 around 3:15 a.m. to report a suspicious vehicle trying to pull her over along 71-Highway. Before the media report the woman’s mother posted on social media that someone attempted to pull her daughter. The woman has asked the media to remain anonymous but wanted to get the information out to the public. She stated that after she pulled over the man came running towards her car and he did not have a uniform on. She was able to video tape part of what occurred and also was able to get the 911 dispatcher on the line as she was trying to evade the man. The 911 operator told her to come to the police station, but her attempt to do so was literally blocked when the man pulled his car in front of the exit ramp at 75th Street and 71-Highway and attempted to stop her again, she told police.

toniandersonshellrillo2-copy.jpg

2. On Jan. 16, 2017 a post on the Independence Missouri Community Awareness Facebook page reads:

toniandersoniggitydeb.jpg

3. Adam Schenk, 23, a 911 operator, using his car that looked like a police car, tried to pull over a teen girl, back in August 2016. The incident happened along Maplewoods Parkway near Missouri 152 Highway reports Fox4KC . The court documents state that Schenk drove up beside her in his Ford Crown Victoria and cut her off, trying to pull her over. The teen said she “thought” he had activated a siren and flashing lights. The teen took photos of Schenk’s car that ran a red light to get away. The girl told police Schenk drove up beside her in his Ford Crown Victoria and cut her off in an attempt to pull her over –even activating what she thought was a police siren and flashing light in his rear window.

“FOX 4 also found several videos on Schenk’s personal YouTube page, including a compilation showing dashboard video he shot labeled, “Bad drivers of Kansas City,” as well as video of a flashing “Smith and Wesson light bar,” similar to those seen on police cars.”
4. KSHB News reported in July of 2016 that the Kansas City police arrested Willie Zimmerli, 51 of Mission, Kansas for impersonating a police officer after he tried to pull a man over on I-70 and I-435 in Kansas City. Zimmerli used a small, flashing red light on his silver Ford Crown Victoria.
5. In April 2016, The female driver told police she was pulled over by a man in a gray Chevrolet or GMC truck with red and blue lights under the grill, on 169 Highway south of Main Street in Smithville, reports KSNB News. The man was believed to not be a police officer and the woman described him as a white male, 50 to 60 years old with medium build and salt and pepper hair and a full beard.
6. On October 19, 2015 a man was pulled over near West 26th Street and Burlington Avenue around 9:30 p.m., reports WTVM. The vehicle was a dark SUV with overhead emergency lights. The man said he was a North Kansas City police officer and order the man out of the car. The man did not think the guy was an actually police officer as the SUV was unmarked. When the man called the police he found out that no officers had pulled anyone her at that intersection that night. The man was described as a white or Hispanic man and about 5’10” tall with dark hair. He was wearing dark pants with a strip running down them, a dark uniform shirt which police think he could have bought at a police supply store.
7. On August 4, 2015, the Kansas City News reports a Northeast Kansas woman driving down Highway 24 pulled off the road when she saw flashing lights in her rear view mirror and she pulled aver between Manhattan and Wamego. The car was black and unmarked but had flashing lights. The man was described as 5’6 to 6 foot tall, 35 to 40 years old, white male, clean-shaven and wearing a black baseball cap, dress pants, a blue polo shirt with a clip on name tag and tinted sunglasses. Researched the woman’s car and then let her go.
On June 11, 2015, a Kansas City Police cruiser ended up not making it to the junk yard, and ended up in the hands of man who has been seen joyriding and flashing the lights around town, reports Fox4KC news. The car is a blue 2003 Ford Crown Victoria marked with the number 447.
Out of the immediate area of Kansas City is this case from St. Louis. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that in Dec. 2016, Nicolas Keeton, 20, was arrested when he pulled over a man and told him he was a police officer. Keaton was driving a Chevrolet Impala with flashing lights and a siren and pulled over a vehicle. The man knew immediately that Keeton was not a police officer because he was a police officer himself, off-duty in his own car.
The above stories may or may not reflect an accurate account of these type of incidences. You have to keep in mind that some of these stories are not substantiated, which would have only came if someone was arrested. You also have to keep in mind that some times people will blow up an incident and maybe even innocently fill in details. It happens in all types of encounters.
Whether Toni was pulled over again is still debatable. If she was and there is no record of it, then we would have to assume it was a police imposter. But we also have to consider the fact that there doesn’t seem to be anyone coming forward that remembers flashing lights or anyone being pulled over in the immediate area of the QuikTrip. Does that mean that something happened to Toni long after she left the QuikTrip?
The Kansas City Police have investigated this case and have spoken with many of her friends and reached the conclusion there is no foul play, although state her disappearance is concerning. What they know, they do not have to tell the public. Just like the many cases of police imposter incidents I posted, the information came first from the media not the police department. Every police department handles cases differently and where in another city the police would be very transparent, the Kansas City Police have decided to keep what they know quiet. Making it even harder to accept the departments conclusion that Toni left on her own free will.

[/FONT]

Thank you for the great information JC40.

So mysterious, there must be more to the story if her friends think there is no foul play. But I can't image that NO ONE knows where she is... from her tumblr posts, it seems like she struggles financially. I can't see her making a living under the radar without any help from her friends.

Also, if I was planning on disappearing... My last text to a close friend would not be " got pulled over again" ...

Is the video pulling the new person over available anywhere yet?

She pulled it, put it back up, and pulled it again. Not much to see. Was just a 8 second clip showing a vehicle behind her with flashing lights on the dash.
The lights were white and yellow, as best I could tell.

I'm visualizing that it would be very, very risky even for a experienced impersonater to pull over a driver 2 minutes after watching police vehicles with flashing lights in the area.

Someone had to have seen her car.

Great info, JC40.

Two things of note that I was unaware of:
- Timeline indicates Toni sent text after leaving gas station, not while parked at the gas station.
- The girl who got pulled over the other night by the fake cop has also been confirmed to be a stripper.

I'm visualizing that it would be very, very risky even for a experienced impersonater to pull over a driver 2 minutes after watching police vehicles with flashing lights in the area.

Someone had to have seen her car.

2 minutes after Toni left the gas station, but 15 minutes after the real cop left (if I understand the timeline correctly).

So mysterious, there must be more to the story if her friends think there is no foul play. But I can't image that NO ONE knows where she is... from her tumblr posts, it seems like she struggles financially. I can't see her making a living under the radar without any help from her friends.

Also, if I was planning on disappearing... My last text to a close friend would not be " got pulled over again" ...

"there must be more to the story if her friends think there is no foul play"

that isnt quite what it says, but what it says isnt exactly right either.

it says that after investigating and speaking to her friends that the police have reached the conclusion that there is no foul play, but they have not, the police have determined that at this time there is no evidence of foul play.

My opinion - there is some psycho out there with a vendetta against strippers. I think he trails them when they get off of work. Also, there's so many sketchy things happening... I just can't believe the level of drama this case has hit with the various rumors (none of which I will mention, of course).

I am of the impression that her friends do think there was foul play.

Great info, JC40.

Two things of note that I was unaware of:
- Timeline indicates Toni sent text after leaving gas station, not while parked at the gas station.
- The girl who got pulled over the other night by the fake cop has also been confirmed to be a stripper.

She may have been at the gas station at 4:42, she may not have. I think she was.
4:33 card declined gives her 9 minutes to pump gas, pay, and write text.
That reporter could have established the exact time she left from the video...

I get stuck on the car. Where is it? A million possibilities, especially after this long.

Then I think of Mickey Shunick.... a bicycle, yes, very different but did not consider at first that someone could have hit her and then taken her and her bike.

Why do you think she was pulled over twice? You have to look at it has someone who does something a lot. Such as, "Omg. I failed my math test again". It doesn't mean you took 2 math tests in a row. Just that you fail math tests a lot or at least failed one test recently before that one. She was stated to have a lead foot by her mom and her friend said she's always pulled over. And she was fighting possible speeding ticket last year. I just see it still as - she was pulled over once before the text to her friend. Didn't she send the text 5-10 mins after being pulled over by the cop?
See I do t think she would have sent a text about getting pulled over but felt she had to the second time because she couldn't believe it was happening g again.
To me this just make more sense given what facts we do have.

I could imagine that getting pulled over the first time wasn't noteworthy enough to cause her to send a text message, but getting pulled over twice in the span of 30 minutes may have been frustrating enough to cause her to send a message. Depends on how she typically communicated.

Speaking for myself, if I got pulled over, I wouldn't even think of texting somebody. If I had the misfortune to get pulled over twice in rapid succession, I might be more inclined to lament my situation over text.

But why would she add the again? If the friend never knew she was pulled over in the first place. I would write, "I was pulled over 15 mins ago and now again!" Or something Idk. Not a huge deal ha, but just trying to state why I think it was just once and how the two times that quickly doesn't add up :) but then again who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get stuck on the car. Where is it? A million possibilities, especially after this long.

Then I think of Mickey Shunick.... a bicycle, yes, very different but did not consider at first that someone could have hit her and then taken her and her bike.

In a garage maybe?

The timeline, although I don't hold 100% that it 100% accurate.
Card declined at 4:33
She left QT at 4:40
Text to friend 4:42
That leave 2 minutes for her to be pulled over again. With police presence right there.
On the other hand if I think how far I can get leaving my house in two minutes it's a good distance away from where I would have started away from police presence. So who knows.
But like I said above, where is her car? Some police impersonator pulls her over, abducts her and then comes back to get her car without anyone seeing anything in a seemingly populated area?
Such a crazy case.

i havent seen any specific numbers in a while but its safe to say that auto theft in KC is rampant, and less than half of the cars will ever be located (possibly much lower)

so while auto theft may not have been the motivation for this incident - it is not difficult at all to make a car disappear if you need to

But like I said above, where is her car? Some police impersonator pulls her over, abducts her and then comes back to get her car without anyone seeing anything in a seemingly populated area?
Such a crazy case.

In South America where kidnappings are more common, the bad guys usually come in a group so that they can take the victim's car with the victim in it. I would guess multiple people may be involved rather than your returning to get the car scenario.

The only thing preventing me from believing she was pulled over twice was that I would assume that she would have texted her friend after the first pull over and then again the second time. I would think that would be crucial information that the friend would have released. She would have said something like "she texted me that she was getting pulled over for the second time that night". If I recall correctly, Roxy, who received the text, stated the text was because she got pulled over often, not that she thought she was getting pulled over a 2nd time.

Stranger things have happened though, so who knows.

That would be typical behavior for most of us, myself included, but we don't know what would be typical behavior for Toni unless someone who knows her shares that info. It would be nice to hear feedback from her friends and family about what's typical and what's unusual for her with some of these details like where she got gas or her communication habits. It's odd that hasn't happened much with this case.

I've also wondered about the time difference on when she typed and sent the text and when it was actually delivered. She could have had a service issue that kept the text from going through promptly. I've had it happen many times. It could easily be the difference in a minute or two.

I am of the impression that her friends do think there was foul play.

I thought so too, I remember seeing an MSM article quoting the BF that they were all worried sick. But from the timeline post above, it seems like maybe not.

Why else would the police not suspect foul play after talking to her friends? Idk, might need to find a source to that from the above timeline.

I wonder if they've checked as many cameras as they could all along the routes she could have gone for at least a couple of miles. Something could be on one of the tapes. Her heading towards a highway north or west or wherever, her throwing out her insurance tracker, her meeting with anyone, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members