Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to say that reading her twitter history was heart wrenching at points. She made lots of good decisions as well, such as being a lifeguard and taking an interest in the lives of the kids she worked around and making a difference. It's sad because she truly just needed some guidance and support. Not money support, but emotional support. She took great steps and prepared for her job interviews, and it's understandably one of those phases in life where support is exactly what you need more than anything else.

I don't see the need to even downplay her occupation because in the process she gained a certain amount of clarity about who she was and it seemed to give her confidence. It was as if she didn't feel the need to fit into what others wanted from her, and was able to be herself a bit more imo. So despite her occupation having that stigma, she did manage to find a level of acceptance that she wasn't getting previously. She was also going to concerts/events and pursuing writing, and I found myself rooting for her to follow that passion more intensely. But as with most things in life, not much comes for granted.

Made me sad when reading about her passions, knowing what the fast forward was in advance.

One of those things that sucks about being a teenager. You are often isolated with a group of people that you might not fit in with and kids can be cruel. The early 20's is when alot of people realize they don't have to fit in with everybody, and that it is not really all that big of a deal.

Lastly, I got the sense that the boyfriend was not a positive influence on her life, other than he was giving her the acceptance/attention she needed, for his own needs. I don't know that factually, but when I read through her pre kcmo tweets in a timeline, she was not what I would call promiscuous, but quite the opposite. I also don't get the feeling that she was ever promiscuous. But I'm sure we've all seen that kind of thing before where a young woman clings to the first person who accepts her, because that acceptance is something she is seeking. It's also something hard to walk away from, and often even harder as time goes on.

ah well. Just very sad imo. I know alot of people used her social media to blast out the stigmatized negatives of her occupation, but that same content also painted a picture of a beautiful person on the inside imo. I'm glad there are others here that have taken the time to notice that and allow it to affect them. Most of us likely know someone very much like Toni, and it's a reminder of how much a little acceptance and empathy could change someone's life if applied at the right moments.

Toni didn't seem like someone who would dwell on the past and let it cripple her, but it's heartbreaking to think about how little it might have taken in terms of actions by other human beings to change her life drastically for the better.

I do hope that somehow she is ok.
Yes! I do not think Toni was currently being who she is, essentially. I think that's probably why she made mistakes on trusting and being a little irresponsible with her privacy. She seems cool and yes, sweet.

I'm afraid you are probably correct....She needed some guidance and found an influential person/group and a seemingly adventurous lifestyle and got caught up in that. You don't even need to look too far into it in some instances; she very literally states she isn't happy with her life's direction. I can see instances even in my own life, before I found my own rhythm and footing, where I could have been in similar shoes. Anyhow, lovely insight, Max.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just throwing this out there. Going with the angle that she might have been a CI could she be in Witness Protection?

Thank you for posting this, I agree with you 100%. Toni was an amazing person. Like I said, I only wish that I could have known her, so I could have pointed her on a different path.

Just curious - why all past tense? No indication of foul play and the family isn't pushing for more LE involvement, so what makes you think she's gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just throwing this out there. Going with the angle that she might have been a CI could she be in Witness Protection?
I thought about this too. But wouldn't her parents know of a plan beforehand or no?

Just curious - why all past tense? No indication of foul play and the family isn't pushing for more LE involvement, so what makes you think she's gone?

It was noted very early on that her Mother, in one of her first interviews, spoke of Toni in the past tense.

This is very unusual coming from a biological parent, especially the Mother, because of the strong parental bond. Even some of her friends used past tense language.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...-8#q=toni+anderson+missing,+parents+speak+out

What caused her to use language like this.
There could be many reasons.

There are no set timelines

Here are some guidelines to follow.

The closer the person is to the missing person, the greater the resistance to using past tense. (This goes for family and friends)

Mothers of missing babies are aflame with instinct, protective capacity, and intuition.
Fathers are to follow. Ask yourself, "How close is this person to the one missing?" Some aunts, for example, raise children as their own, and should be viewed closer to being a "mother" than an aunt.

Fathers will often be a close second.

The age of the child can be a factor, as older children can get into more danger, for example, like falling or drawing, than a baby who cannot yet crawl.

Men will yield to the past tense earlier than females. Women seem to have stronger denial than men.

Mothers are the last to give up hope. Desiree Young, mother of missing Kyron Horman was an example of this.

Another factor:

Have the police given the family any indication of death?

This is important. If police have shared information with a family, it could cause someone to speak in the past tense.

Factors:

Time: how much time has passed?

Safely, if the police have revealed nothing and the child has not been missing very long, the past tense reference is very alarming. After months, however, when hope is eroded, the reference may come.

Weather: Did the missing person live in a moderate climate, or an extreme climate? In sub zero temperature, hope will not last as long as it will in warmer climates. Were there terrible storms? Flooding?

Environmental conditions: Does the missing person suffer from adult autism, or has mental retardation?

Did the person go missing in a high crime area? This could weigh upon the subject.

In the case of Leeanne Bearden, she appears to be someone who could survive well, having traveled the world in the past two years.

Personality of the Subject

Someone who suffers from depression will yield earlier in giving up hope and speak in past tense than a person who, for example, has a naturally buoyant personality, always up and always optimistic.

The subject knows or believes the missing person is deceased.

Is there any news about/from the parents? The last I saw, they seemed like they were no longer worried. Almost like LE gave them some info that she was ok.

I thought about this too. But wouldn't her parents know of a plan beforehand or no?

That's a good reason why they would be so quiet and go back home....

That's a good reason why they would be so quiet and go back home....
That's true. I was just thinking they'd be made aware before doing interviews etc. But that's a good point. It was a seemingly abrupt return home.

I've made similar observations with what you and others have shared in this regard. It's very sad. With a casual observance we only get a glimpse of Toni. When we dig deeper it reveals quite a different story. Things on the surface are overshadowing a beautiful human being.

I'm hoping that she's okay too and somehow she'll make her way back out of this mess and gets an honest shot at life.

I'd have to say that reading her twitter history was heart wrenching at points. She made lots of good decisions as well, such as being a lifeguard and taking an interest in the lives of the kids she worked around and making a difference. It's sad because she truly just needed some guidance and support. Not money support, but emotional support. She took great steps and prepared for her job interviews, and it's understandably one of those phases in life where support is exactly what you need more than anything else.

I don't see the need to even downplay her occupation because in the process she gained a certain amount of clarity about who she was and it seemed to give her confidence. It was as if she didn't feel the need to fit into what others wanted from her, and was able to be herself a bit more imo. So despite her occupation having that stigma, she did manage to find a level of acceptance that she wasn't getting previously. She was also going to concerts/events and pursuing writing, and I found myself rooting for her to follow that passion more intensely. But as with most things in life, not much comes for granted.

Made me sad when reading about her passions, knowing what the fast forward was in advance.

One of those things that sucks about being a teenager. You are often isolated with a group of people that you might not fit in with and kids can be cruel. The early 20's is when alot of people realize they don't have to fit in with everybody, and that it is not really all that big of a deal.

Lastly, I got the sense that the boyfriend was not a positive influence on her life, other than he was giving her the acceptance/attention she needed, for his own needs. I don't know that factually, but when I read through her pre kcmo tweets in a timeline, she was not what I would call promiscuous, but quite the opposite. I also don't get the feeling that she was ever promiscuous. But I'm sure we've all seen that kind of thing before where a young woman clings to the first person who accepts her, because that acceptance is something she is seeking. It's also something hard to walk away from, and often even harder as time goes on.

ah well. Just very sad imo. I know alot of people used her social media to blast out the stigmatized negatives of her occupation, but that same content also painted a picture of a beautiful person on the inside imo. I'm glad there are others here that have taken the time to notice that and allow it to affect them. Most of us likely know someone very much like Toni, and it's a reminder of how much a little acceptance and empathy could change someone's life if applied at the right moments.

Toni didn't seem like someone who would dwell on the past and let it cripple her, but it's heartbreaking to think about how little it might have taken in terms of actions by other human beings to change her life drastically for the better.

That involves a whole new identity and I'm sure you don't just go one state over. It doesn't seem like she lost contact with all her friends from high school, so if this were the case it was extremely poorly done :)

That involves a whole new identity and I'm sure you don't just go one state over. It doesn't seem like she lost contact with all her friends from high school, so if this were the case it was extremely poorly done :)
I think they meant now, as in that's why she's missing

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

ok, my mind is now going in a new direction. With a few players possibly involved. This is only my speculation and I think most on here are also following on FB. I don't want to break rules so bear with me.

I'm assuming an adult establishment has many connections and the potential for illegal activity.
I'm also assuming that repeat customers could also have connections.
Everyone wants to make money. It makes the world go round.
If the establishment and the customer(s) have a partnership in drugs and sex and a relationship with a naive employee I can very easily see how this situation could go very bad.
I can easily see how a trust could be developed by a naive young adult.
Promises are made. Maybe a debts paid off. In return for favors that become bigger than imagined.

She was on a mission that night. Possibly a favor. What could go wrong if the above players mentioned are friends, right? They're going to need her to do a favor or two because they helped her out somehow.
They however do not tell her the whole scheme of the favor.
They tell her what they really want her to do and she resists. I still think a sexual assault occurs that turns violent and either a forced disappearance into trafficking or a murder.

I can also very easily see that if the players are being watched a good girl would be a good choice for a CI. They find out and there is a lot at stake because as mentioned above there are a lot of bad connections to bad and illegal going ons.

I just picture a plan that she was not aware of with a tangled web of a few people went very bad.
Or i'm just babbling. I admit I haven't thought this all the way through. Just my thought tonight. Hope it made some sense.

I'm with you along with this reasoning and leaning toward human trafficing with an element involving money. A debt is owed or there's need for money and an agreement is made. Someone that knows Toni's patterns is involved where an opportunity is presented that can be exploited. A plan is devised then executed.

Willingly she goes somewhere with someone that she trusts and then is held against her will. Her resistance leads to her being harmed and coerced. Possibly a murder results or she's negotiating a way to survive and only needs some sort of out to escape.

Here's a little something I'd like to offer and was discussing with someone yesterday which might add some insight into what could have happened.

https://humantraffickinghotline.org/sex-trafficking-venuesindustries/hostessstrip-club-based

I think for myself I use the past tense because my only direct knowledge of her is via her social media, which is all in the past. I do try and hold out hope that she is still ok, but there is also a reality in most of these cases where being gone for a month or more is statistically not a pleasant conversation.

I also personally believe that both family and friends know more about her life risks factually than we do, and I think they understand the odds of those risks every bit as well as we do. But this knowledge doesn't get shared with LE and media, because it likely points to illegal actions. That could lead to them fully understanding that whatever happened to render her missing, wasn't likely good.

Also, in the CI scenario if they are unsure of whether she is dead/alive, there's a mighty good reason to not *blow her cover*, because if she is alive that creates a big problem and puts a mark on her back.

For those that haven't read any details about the hadden case here's an excerpt :

Court documents reveal that Hadden was a "confidential informant" who may have been leaking information about area drug dealers to police.
Documents include a statement from Seward, who told authorities about the night Hadden went missing. Seward said Wynes drove the three of them from north Kansas City to "the middle of nowhere," which ended up being the ditch off 33 highway north of Holt, MO. Seward recalled Wynes shooting Hadden multiple times as he tried to run away, into the ditch where his remains were found. Wynes supposed reason for killing Hadden was because Hadden was a "snitch."

Those are some tough realities of what can happen in that scenario, but not hard to see the potential similarities with this case.

If the family is/was aware that she was a CI, their actions make quite a bit of sense imo.

I personally hope/pray she beats the odds, but I think the odds themselves are a clearly understood reality by all involved at this point, and us as well.

Thank you, beautifully put btw.

I think they meant now, as in that's why she's missing

Ah, I see. Is this how they'd typically do that?

I really don't know, but I'm interested in researching that now, haha.

Sorry for misunderstanding the premise.

Ah, I see. Is this how they'd typically do that?

I really don't know, but I'm interested in researching that now, haha.

Sorry for misunderstanding the premise.
I mean I'm not sure if that's what they meant. But I don't know enough about either to say if that's possible

This theory keeps sticking in my mind.
It could be possible the plans changed to meet at this QT instead of the Southwest blvd one.
The person she was meeting saw her get pulled over and that the cop was watching her.
Maybe it's THAT person who text her at 4:53 am telling her to go to English Landing Park?

Yeah this has been my theory from the get go as soon as she saw the police car TA will of panicked for that reason she pulls an illegal manoeuvre gets pulled over for it so after dealing with LE she's pulled the tracker and messaged her drug dealer/person she was meeting at nearly 5am at the QT to go somewhere else like an auto shop or another QT maybe.
Just from experience Class A dealers get paranoid at any sight of blue lights iykwim.

I think KCPD has a suspect. I think he is not talking and lawyered up. And he may be someone important or well known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb