Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall reading this anywhere but has anyone seen or heard if she (or the body found in car) actually died from drowning (water in lungs etc)? Or is that something they don't know or won't release until autopsy is done?

I could be wrong about this, but I am not sure if you can evaluate that the same now as if you'd found her say after a day or two. Maybe someone can educate us on this, but at some point I would think that organs and such become more of a mush and their lack of integrity would result in this not being something you could detect. For example if the lungs had air in them and the lungs decompose, the air escapes.

I came across this YouTube video where the poster drives the route from Route 9 down to the boat ramp. Quick interesting watch. The ramp is even a bit steeper than I'd pictured.

I hope this hasn't already been posted, but it only had 4 views, so I'm guessing it hasn't.

https://youtu.be/UG6JaCx8J8k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was really helpful - I wish it had been at night to show the poor visibility. I can totally see how she could have taken a left there and kept going thinking it was a the road - her headlights wouldn't have hit the water before it was too late. As for how she didn't escape - fear and shock are paralyzing beasts.

ETA: There should be gates on these kind of ramps. I can't even believe something like this can be connected to a driving lane on a road without a barrier.

I knew the 9 o'clock statement on her phone going dark was not my imagination. Not sure if it's accurate as it was reported early on, But I knew I read it somewhere!
529045a31fbbfe5edfc2c27024f665ac.jpg

I knew the 9 o'clock statement on her phone going dark was not my imagination. Not sure if it's accurate as it was reported early on, But I knew I read it somewhere!
529045a31fbbfe5edfc2c27024f665ac.jpg

Nobody has disputed that it was widely reported. The source of the information was allegedly Toni's parents. Either they were mistaken, or they were misquoted.

I don't understand why this keeps getting talked about so much. It's nothing.

I came across this YouTube video where the poster drives the route from Route 9 down to the boat ramp. Quick interesting watch. The ramp is even a bit steeper than I'd pictured.

I hope this hasn't already been posted, but it only had 4 views, so I'm guessing it hasn't.

Thank you for posting that video. I can now easily see how someone unfamiliar with the area, and possibly slightly inebriated, would be confused and drive down that ramp thinking it was a way out of the parking lot, but the steep drop off prevented them from correcting their mistake - especially if the ramp was icy. I was thrown by the drop off of the ramp in that video just watching the video. I can only imagine how deceiving that area and the ramp are at night with potentially no lights in the area.

I understand why one would wonder about that. Unsurprisingly, I have seen conflicting information in the media about how they identified the body. Some said it was easily identifiable as Toni and claimed she had no injuries but a bruise. Others said she was identified by the clothes she was wearing and awaiting coroner confirmation.

Regarding what you suggested--that someone may have placed Toni there more recently--the police spokesperson addressed that. She said they did not think this was the case.
https://www.google.com/amp/fox4kc.c...pulled-from-water-at-platte-landing-park/amp/

Do you all get the impression they will release more details about the discovery?

i maybe recalling this wrong, but did'nt she say "not super recently" in regards to timeframe of car being there.

At 276.50 per credit hour I do not see how $1200.00 knocks a dent in one semester at MUKC. My nephew goes to MU-Columbia.

To me there are so many things that just are not true from the principals of
this case. I am not victim bashing her I am looking for the truth. The "I m not really a stripper I am just working my way through school" thing has been over used by many. Possibly to have ticked someone off when time came to go to school.

JMO

Three possible explanations:
- was receiving some form of assistance
- was not the full amount in one go
- was only taking one course.

It kinda looks like the latter.

And Toni called herself a stripper over and over again on her social media. She wasn't trying to hide anything, except, I guess, from her parents. It's those around her who are trying to paint her in a different light. You can hardly blame the parents for misrepresenting, though, they didn't even know.

Which reminds me... some people were calling the parents liars for not acknowledging things about Toni they weren't even aware of. I hope those people feel pathetic now that they know Toni's parents didn't even know. It really does make me angry seeing how people are going after the parents. Why? They lost a daughter. They deserve compassion, not criticism.

One thing for the record... Toni hated alcohol. She didn't drink.

It's entirely possible she started recently, I suppose, but according to her social media over the years she did not like alcohol.

Also, they check you before you leave the club to make sure you're safe to drive.

Also, a police officer, who is trained to detect insobriety, pulled her over.

It is highly unlikely that Toni was drunk.

[video=twitter;700986831949553664]https://twitter.com/Tonianderson2/status/700986831949553664[/video]

I know that last tweet is going to make people say she just sounds hung over, so here's another one:

[video=twitter;594943483753857024]https://twitter.com/Tonianderson2/status/594943483753857024[/video]

Nobody has disputed that it was widely reported. The source of the information was allegedly Toni's parents. Either they were mistaken, or they were misquoted.

I don't understand why this keeps getting talked about so much. It's nothing.

Well if it is an accident it wouldn't mean much. If it wasn't an accident, it would mean a lot. I know you are annoyed by this getting brought up, but it was reported, and therefor is going to be scrutinized.

In your opinion, (a different topic that was reported), do you think it's strange that they located the vehicle on Wednesday, but waited till Friday to retrieve it? What about Toni's body?

This case really seems to be an accidental turn onto an icy boat ramp. Probably saw the stop sign and what looks like cross walk white piano markings. Going too fast for conditions. Hit the brakes. Slid down ramp. Had window open or opened window while sliding or once in water. Was unable to exit vehicle.

It has been reported her car has tires with very little tread down and past the wear-bars so she had almost no traction. She was not a particularity good and attentive driver--always being pulled over etc--drives too fast habitually.

One piece of information I would like to know is if her phone was only connected but not in use --or-- if she had been using any apps / data. To me this would be the smoking gun if she knew where she was and had been there before or not. If she was going somewhere she had never been I opine she would have been using a map program and directions to get there. She was very technologically connected and anyone driving today her age to a new location is using the phone as a guide. We know her car does not have GPS road maps and navigation built into the dash.

If she was using a map program then she would have been there for the first time or not enough times to feel comfortable driving from memory. If she wasn't using a map program I think reasonable to assume she had been there before at least enough times to drive from memory.

We know there is cell service in the park. I don't buy following the lights of the power plant. Anyone her age with a smart phone with cell service would use the phone for directions.

I've been fascinated with this case but really looks like a tragic ending for a person making nothing more than a wrong turn.

Thanks so much for that, and am I the only one that wants to see this at night?? I am currently very concerned about the stop sign. If that was there and reflective, I'm just a little bit more skeptical of an accident. But I do see the point that she could hit brakes when seeing that and slide onto the ramp.

Anyone able to go at night and maybe attempt to see about how fast you can get approaching that ramp from a parking spot? haha, jk, although I am curious.

Thanks so much for that, and am I the only one that wants to see this at night?? I am currently very concerned about the stop sign. If that was there and reflective, I'm just a little bit more skeptical of an accident.
I would like to see it at night as well. I hope to have my husband go with me tonight.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Well if it is an accident it wouldn't mean much. If it wasn't an accident, it would mean a lot. I know you are annoyed by this getting brought up, but it was reported, and therefor is going to be scrutinized.

In your opinion, (a different topic that was reported), do you think it's strange that they located the vehicle on Wednesday, but waited till Friday to retrieve it? What about Toni's body?

Yeah, sorry to pick on your post, but last night (I think it was), just after it was discussed, several people showed up and asked about it almost in a row. It was weird, like it just came up on some group or something. I guess it's just the nature of this forum that things will get discussed repeatedly.

I hadn't heard that about the Wed/Fri thing yet. That does seem a little unusual. I would guess they needed to prepare, or perhaps wait for certain people to be available? The divers, probably. You can't just retrieve a vehicle from the river without special divers.

I hate alcohol too! I say that every time I'm hugging the porcelain throne... right after I vow I'm never drinking again

Yeah, sorry to pick on your post, but last night (I think it was), just after it was discussed, several people showed up and asked about it almost in a row. It was weird, like it just came up on some group or something. I guess it's just the nature of this forum that things will get discussed repeatedly.

I hadn't heard that about the Wed/Fri thing yet. That does seem a little unusual. I would guess they needed to prepare, or perhaps wait for certain people to be available? The divers, probably. You can't just retrieve a vehicle from the river without special divers.

And they'd have to plan how to approach the whole operation, too. If they're careless and the car shifts or something, people can get killed.

I hate alcohol too! I say that every time I'm hugging the porcelain throne... right after I vow I'm never drinking again

Well, to be fair I guess I should mention that she did tweet about drinking wine at work once. And she also said she was drunk once, although it is unclear if she meant it.

But as best I can tell, Toni generally did not drink. She hated alcohol and she hated drunks. Here's a tweet where she says she makes more money if she pretends to be drunk. She wouldn't have to pretend to be drunk if she was a drinker. Customers are more than willing to buy the ladies drinks.

[video=twitter;807774816539443201]https://twitter.com/Tonianderson2/status/807774816539443201[/video]

If she was in an altered state I would suspect marijuana and not alcohol based on what we know about her. The toxicology should provide that information.

Seems like this this case is closed IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required