Moorers' Bond Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an app that makes navigating easier?

Tapatalk!!! i prefer it over my computer in reading threads much of the time .. especially at night in bed lol . It is easy to learn and it's free for droids.

There is no way in heck that i would navigate threads through the Internet browser on my phone

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I also found it odd that only TM's name was on this motion... I wonder if SM has struck a deal, or if perhaps this could be relevant?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/10/02/5214795/skeletal-remains-found-in-columbia.html

Yes, that was me WWWW - I got shouted down when I gave them the link, so I left them to it.

Also checking the circuit dates, there is a possible for October 27th. Anything in the media on this yet?

Need to ask re your legal system please (your turn IHNC, :seeya: mate)
re trial - are the jury selected pretrial and so the trial date would be when the trial actually starts rather than selection of the jury starting on that date?
re jury selection - if in advance - how much time in advance are they selected?
re time of day - does a trial case start at 9:30am?

Attachments

• court-rosters.jpg
    court-rosters.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 381
I've served jury duty here in Horry County albeit not for a criminal/murder case. The last time - the trial lasted a week so it had some meat to it......

Jury selection started that morning - and ran all day - the trial started basically immediately after jury selection was complete (in our case - jury selection took all day - so very little was done that first day - things really started the next morning).

I have no idea if that process would be different for this type of case or not.

I've served jury duty here in Horry County albeit not for a criminal/murder case. The last time - the trial lasted a week so it had some meat to it......

Jury selection started that morning - and ran all day - the trial started basically immediately after jury selection was complete (in our case - jury selection took all day - so very little was done that first day - things really started the next morning).

I have no idea if that process would be different for this type of case or not.
I'd say this pretty accurately reflects my experience with jury duty in Charleston County, as well.

Yes, that was me WWWW - I got shouted down when I gave them the link, so I left them to it.

Also checking the circuit dates, there is a possible for October 27th. Anything in the media on this yet?

Need to ask re your legal system please (your turn IHNC, :seeya: mate)
re trial - are the jury selected pretrial and so the trial date would be when the trial actually starts rather than selection of the jury starting on that date?
re jury selection - if in advance - how much time in advance are they selected?
re time of day - does a trial case start at 9:30am?

Hi MM! :seeya: :gday:

I wish I knew more about our court system...

I would hate to be incorrect saying I am well versed in that arena...

But... AFAIK... Jury selection starts on the scheduled date of the start of the trial...

Jury selection can take from a few to many, many days....

all... JMO...

Hi MM! :seeya: :gday:

I wish I knew more about our court system...

I would hate to be incorrect saying I am well versed in that arena...

But... AFAIK... Jury selection starts on the scheduled date of the start of the trial...

Jury selection can take from a few to many, many days....

all... JMO...
OK so that's the same as here. I can work with that; thanks team. Are the accused present during the process?
:cheers:
Might be an idea to get the housework done just in case.

OK so that's the same as here. I can work with that; thanks team. Are the accused present during the process?
:cheers:
Might be an idea to get the housework done just in case.
BBM: My jury duty was for a civil trial, but both parties were present during the jury selection process.

Could be TM's posts on fb etc...and interview she did with a blogger? Best not put those out there yet. Jury needs to be chosen, and jurisdiction etc...

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horry/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx

Go here .. Enter captcha or whatever it's called .. Enter moorer Tammy ... Look at murder case ... Motion of sealing is filed for that charge. Do same for Sidney ... NO motion of sealing is showing up. Hmmmm .... Wonder if he struck a deal??!!! :thinking:

9\2 Sidney's lawyer files motion to compel
9\19 Tammy's lawyer files for speedy trial
10\3 prosecutor files motion for sealing in Tammy's murder case

Could be and I also wonder if just maybe it's another text from TM to Heather or SM?I'm sure they have more than they let us see. Also,back when LE searched the M house and we found out how gross it was in there,LE said they found "something of concern". I've always wondered what that was. Any email or texts that she may have made between herself and others (say a sister or friend) that could be incriminating might also be on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree it could be more texts, emails or FB comments. A Motion to admit previous violent acts could fall into this category because the texts already seen are threatening. But since this is only for TM, it might only be a motion for continuance, since the reasons why a delay is necessary must be fully explained in the motion. Which brings to mind those remains from Volusia that haven't been ruled out yet...;)

New evidence should already be covered under the gag order and there is no reason that information should be released to the public now. IMO this motion applies to new charges that will be brought against TM, possibly related to financial fraud (foodstamps; welfare; etc). I think that is most likely but also an Out-in-left-field speculation - some charge related to how Heather's remains were handled.

I think that is most likely but also an Out-in-left-field speculation - some charge related to how Heather's remains were handled.

Interesting ... Hmmm ... Because it is only filed for Tammy and only on the murder charge. (Not kidnapping or any others!)

Interesting ... Hmmm ... Because it is only filed for Tammy and only on the murder charge. (Not kidnapping or any others!)

I didn't realize the sealing was on the murder charge. I guess that would not be related to any fraud by TM. But concealment/abuse etc of Heather's remains would be an additional charge...right? Maybe this is in response to TM's 'speedy trial' request and the prosecution needs more time to process evidence. So I agree with Ghostwheel's continuance theory.

Hi everyone, followed this case on and off.

Is it the general assumption that the body found is HE's? Would this be protected from being made public? (Am in UK, so not totally up to speed on US laws on that). thanks!

Hi everyone, followed this case on and off.

Is it the general assumption that the body found is HE's? Would this be protected from being made public? (Am in UK, so not totally up to speed on US laws on that). thanks!

I am so glad you asked this question...

I do not have the answer... But hope a WSer does...

could LE ethically keep the ID of a body from the family members....

I mean... Laws are supposed to protect and help us... But keeping this important information from the family seems downright torturous IMO...

(I recognize the need to keep from the public, though... so as to not mess up the investigation...
but... Keeping that information from the loved ones sounds so backwards from what our laws are meant to serve...)

All... JMO....

I wouldn't assume that they aren't sharing that information with the family. I haven't read the gag order and don't know much about it, but I thought that it was intended only to keep information from getting to the media and the public.

I wouldn't assume that they aren't sharing that information with the family. I haven't read the gag order and don't know much about it, but I thought that it was intended only to keep information from getting to the media and the public.

thanks, Tarheelslim...

If the body is HE... I truly hope the family, at least, is made aware of it...

:please:

New evidence should already be covered under the gag order and there is no reason that information should be released to the public now. IMO this motion applies to new charges that will be brought against TM, possibly related to financial fraud (foodstamps; welfare; etc). I think that is most likely but also an Out-in-left-field speculation - some charge related to how Heather's remains were handled.

Had a case in my neck of the woods where an add on charge of 'interfering with a corpse' was put on one perp's charge sheet as they were the one whom moved the body to another place, after the fact. Am wondering if perhaps in this case TM did just this, with the assistance of a third person, whom now cannot be charged IYKWIM.

I am so glad you asked this question...

I do not have the answer... But hope a WSer does...

could LE ethically keep the ID of a body from the family members....

I mean... Laws are supposed to protect and help us... But keeping this important information from the family seems downright torturous IMO...

(I recognize the need to keep from the public, though... so as to not mess up the investigation...
but... Keeping that information from the loved ones sounds so backwards from what our laws are meant to serve...)

All... JMO....

I posted a news article in this forum at one point, where LE kept the ID of remains from the family. I'll try to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member