Motion In Limine To Exclude Mental Health Experts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heavily skimmed this thread and after I saw the WESH article linked, last night I looked for over 30 min for this Motion.

Have we actually seen it yet? Where JA states he doesn't even want it discussed during pre-trial hearings?

The initial motion and the State's rebuttal are posted at WFTV and I'm sure ThinkTank has them in the motion's thread. The reason we are posting about it is JA does not say that. He basically says he doesn't want these experts up if the SA cannot have their own experts examine ICA. He doesn't want whatever information the DT is offering on ICA's mental condition coming out to influence the potential jurors and the public if it isn't going to be used at trial - wants to cut off JB's media hype.

He has been completely misquoted. :banghead:

Thanks! That link isn't working for me right now, but I read a pdf of JA's Motion last night (at least one of his motions...I think it is the same one you linked) and I didn't see anything in it where JA said he didn't want it discussed in pre-trial hearings. :waitasec:

Sorry guys, I am wayyyy behind in reading all the news links. I thought maybe there was another motion I've missed.

The NEW State Motion in Limine has NOT been posted by WESH, or any other media - yet. Maybe MuzikMan will get it for us?

WESH talks about the NEW Motion in their article, but does not post a link to the NEW Limine motion, which makes things very confusing.

That's right-he wants them discussed as a sidebar?

The NEW State Motion in Limine has NOT been posted by WESH, or any other media - yet. Maybe MuzikMan will get it for us?

WESH talks about the NEW Motion in their article, but does not post a link to the NEW Limine motion, which makes things very confusing.

I have been discussing the State's Motion in Limine dated August 12th regarding the Testimony of Health Experts which is posted on the WFTV site, and I read yesterday.

I don't know how to bring the link over when the motions are posted at wftv like this but the pdf is http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27528144/detail.html. It is featured in the most recent article posted in the Casey Anthony section.

So, what's this?

New docket entry:

04/14/2011 Motion to Unseal Depositions of Defense Expert Witnesses

The defense getting it out there, regardless? ("hypothetically" speaking)

You are making me laugh Intermezzo - because I immediately started imagining this whole scenario with the the look on HHJP's face saying "Mr. Baez, now we are playing make-believe?"

I think what the DT is saying is - if the court does not allow Dr. Weitz and Danzinger, then the DT wants another expert up there on the stand to discuss - "what would be the cause of this and this behavior" IYO?

Can you just imagine the fun JA would have with this in cross?? He is salivating just thinking about it! :rotfl: :poke:

bbm :floorlaugh:

Baez".....blah, blah, blah"

JBP :waiting:

:HHJP: Mr Baaaaaaezzzzz...this is a death penalty murder trial I don't deal in Hypotheticals :gavel:

Jose's opening 2 minutes, in theory,

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. We have a tragic story of a young mother who was on the computer while her daughter was taking a nap. She then got up and went in to check on her and found her bed empty. She became hysterical running around the house frantically looking for her. Not finding her in the house, she ran into the backyard. To her horror she found her beloved daughter floating in the pool. She jumped in and pulled her out. She began CPR. To no avail. She lay her down in the backyard not knowing what to do. She began to call her mother over and over and she would not answer.

At this point, because Casey had been on computer surfing and not attending to her daughter her mind began to race. She was afraid, that once again her mother would blame her for being a bad mother. Like she always had done. Nothing was ever good enough for Cindy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me now explain to you what happened in the next month. Casey's mind snapped. She finally was the worst mother in the world as her mother always opined. She went into a fugue like state. Her next actions were completely dissociated from reality. She was in a dream. She covered the whole incident up. She wrapped her daughters body up in familiar clothes and cloths from home. She had no idea about decomposing bodies and was astounded at the rapid rate her beloved daughter's body changed. She frantically placed tape around her facial orifices to keep them from leaking and placed a final kiss goodbye on her mouth in the form of a heart-shaped sticker. Then she placed in the final resting place of her beloved pets from when she was a child.

Still in a state of shock, she reverted back to the age she was before she became pregnant and delivered a child. Back to the carefree days when she worked at Universal, becoming independent and earning her own money. Back when she was happy. But then she would meet a man, slightly older than herself, with a child already. She fell in love, he only to completely reject her. She found herself pregnant, dejected, and like many a young woman in this circumstance in denial of her pregnancy. Thus, began a terrible beginning of dissociation from reality and fantasy. Universal was her first found freedom. Universal is where she found severe pain. She would later return there, one day, terribly with the police.

The next month, she lived as that young 19 year pre-mother days. Like any normal 19 year old would. She lived as she had no memory of being pregnant, giving birth, being a mother and the tragic accident and what she did to cover it up.

Facts will show that in this month she went out to clubs, had dates with boyfriends and got a tattoo. Normal 19 yr old activities. However she found herself without money, and reverting to the dissociative state, used another's checkbook to buy normal everyday teenager items.

Even when all came to light and police were involved, she actually took them to the Universal studios as if she herself still believed she worked there, like when she was 19. As police continued to question her, she went in and out of this dissociative state, not able to admit the horrific events of that terrible afternoon, finally resorting to a telling herself and her mother and the police of a of a beautiful, capable nanny that she allowed to babysit her child to cover over what Cindy would surely accuse her of being a neglectful mother. She might have even believed this nanny was real to compensate for her own shortcomings as a mother.

What we have here is a young woman, so afraid of her own mother, so insecure of her own abilities at being a mom herself that when this horrible accident occurred she completely reverted back to the days before her precious baby girl was born. She literally blocked it out because reality was too horrible for her to face.

Fellow citizens, I will show you that much like the harried mother who unwittingly left her baby in a overheated car and was later found dead, Casey is in her own personal hell and will never forgive herself. What this suffering young mother needs from you is mercy and not condemnation.
...and her folks were so convinced they believed she actually left with Caylee and went off to work?
Something's out of order here...but...you almost had me...lol.
Very good PM!

I think what it comes down to is...the defense wants to throw out supposition (a story so to speak) without having to have their client testify. Ain't going to work...and I highly doubt they will EVER agree to the State examining the defendant. JMHO

PS- all these motions are giving me agita!

So, what's this?

New docket entry:

I'm curious to see this motion. It had to be filed by the state?

:banghead:

They have been using a lot of "hypothetical" in the last few hearings...I'm thinking that it is a different meaning to them vs. us & webster....think to them it means skirting the truth to their favor...similar to their misuse of the work "pro-bono"---I'm sure after this case Webster may have to sit down and re-define lots and lots of words....

You mean like:

Pro-bono - I'll do it for free but FIRST throw me a "bono"......?
Loose translation: Okay I won't send you a bill but in the end what's in it for me????

jmo

Why does everything nowadays have to have a diagnosis?

Why can't it just be "this person is bad. We don't know why. They just are."

So annoying. For years, a principal at my son's school tried to diagnose him as ADD. I finally HAD it. I went in there and said "My kid is a boy who doesn't want to sit in a damn desk regurgitating historical facts that aren't going to help him in his aspirations to become a wood worker." We transferred him to a sports school after, and he never had an issue after that.

Some people are just the way they are. No explanations/diagnoses needed.

I'm curious to see this motion. It had to be filed by the state?

Somebody wants the public to know what is in this deposition. Since the state is trying to keep the hear-say out, I think it was filed by the defense. MO

On WESH facebook it says:

Jeff Ashton has ramped up his argument against the mental health experts. A new motion says he doesn't want them mentioned AT ALL. Not even during Friday's hearing:

So, what's this?

New docket entry:

Curious George R Us! Question: Who is the Trouble Maker????:waitasec:
Surely it wouldn't be the Defense - Would it? Maybe one of the media outlets?

No wonder I was so freakin' dazed and confused! :lol:

The article is what piqued my interest to go digging for it. All I could find was the one Softail linked and LG is referring to - so I did read that one.

Shame on WESH for posting such hyperbole without backing it up.

Thanks everyone for clearing it up...well, as best you can. At least I understand why I was so stumped last night.

Somebody wants the public to know what is in this deposition. Since the state is trying to keep the hear-say out, I think it was filed by the defense. MO

On WESH facebook it says:

Jeff Ashton has ramped up his argument against the mental health experts. A new motion says he doesn't want them mentioned AT ALL. Not even during Friday's hearing:

BBM

I think WESH needs to put up or shut up.

It could be the media, I never thought of that.

I'm just guessing Cherishtoo - :great: - but would Baez dare thumb his nose this much at HHJP and the SA, after HHJP sealed them? Maybe - he does make a point of really pushing his luck - this could be just another example...

BBM

I think WESH needs to put up or shut up.

I think WESH just took the two final statements on the Limine Motion from the 12th and "corrupted" them to make a headline. If this motion by the State was filed with the court and Baez on the 12th, up on WFTV on the 13th, and today is the 14th, what are the chances the SA have written another motion in the last day and a half?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back