Motion In Limine To Exclude Mental Health Experts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, what's this?

New docket entry:

04/14/2011 Motion to Unseal Depositions of Defense Expert Witnesses

The defense getting it out there, regardless? ("hypothetically" speaking)

MM is headed to the courthouse to get it for us!!!

I think WESH just took the two final statements on the Limine Motion from the 12th and "corrupted" them to make a headline. If this motion by the State was filed with the court and Baez on the 12th, up on WFTV on the 13th, and today is the 14th, what are the chances the SA have written another motion in the last day and a half?

Yes, I believe the State filed (2) in Limine Motions - one on the 12th and another new one on the 13th.
I believe MM will get the newest one for us - the one that WESH has not published, but has talked about.

"No one's letting me speak." - Casey Anthony.

So, what's this?

New docket entry:

04/14/2011 Motion to Unseal Depositions of Defense Expert Witnesses

The defense getting it out there, regardless? ("hypothetically" speaking)

This is interesting for sure! I'm thinking of the timing, with the 48 hrs show this weekend.

I suppose we will hear about this tomorrow.

Yes, I believe the State filed (2) in Limine Motions - one on the 12th and another new one on the 13th.
I believe MM will get the newest one for us - the one that WESH has not published, but has talked about.

I'm looking forward to MM's on board arrival then! Will be interested to see why the State has file two motions in Limine saying much the same thing.

I'm looking forward to MM's on board arrival then! Will be interested to see why the State has file two motions in Limine saying much the same thing.

The Limine motion filed on the 12th asked the Judge to not allow the Defense to mention any mental health info until trial when the Judge will rule on the admissibility of it.

Then, the State filed another Limine motion on the 13th, asking the Judge to not allow the Defense to mention any of the mental health info at the Hearing this Friday - a specific request, for a specific date.

Well if the defense can call a witness and ask them hypthetical questions, the state should be able to do the same. Find a young mother and ask her "hypothetically speaking, if your child ended up missing how long would it take you to report her missing? If your daughter child due to an accident, what would you do? Party? Call 9-1-1? If you MURDERED you daughter, what would you do?"

Hpothetically speaking, a defense that thinks this will work is really reaching and is royaly SCREWED. MOO

Maybe the DT are going to prove she is an habitual liar which might throw doubt on any of the statements she's made to date. Really screw with the jury. Here's an article about some neuroscience of the brain showing that habitual liars are wired differently.

http://www.usc.edu/uscnews/stories/11655.html

There's also a podcast on Radio Lab discussing this research. The story tells a tale of a woman who sounds very much like ICA (excluding the murder). Dr. Yaling Yang describes the research into the structural differences of habitual liars.

http://www.radiolab.org/2008/mar/10/people-who-lie/

The DT certainly is doing their best to make sure everyone knows she's a liar and that George's morals are dubious at best. We all know about CA. They may even have requested the iMRI that was taken when ICA had the seizure. I don't know if there is one but these are only my hypotheticals. :crazy: The poscast is really interesting and Holly, the subject of the story is eerily like ICA.

The Limine motion filed on the 12th asked the Judge to not allow the Defense to mention any mental health info until trial when the Judge will rule on the admissibility of it.

Then, the State filed another Limine motion on the 13th, asking the Judge to not allow the Defense to mention any of the mental health info at the Hearing this Friday - a specific request, for a specific date.

This is how I read the motions too. I don't think the media have it too wrong. The state really does want to keep this info under wraps unless and until they're able to cross examine KC on her statements. Having the MH experts testimony mentioned at the hearing will have it all out in the open to prospective jurors. And now, the DT wants the MH depositions unsealed? Seems the DT wants the info out there as bad as the state wants it kept hidden.

This is how I read the motions too. I don't think the media have it too wrong. The state really does want to keep this info under wraps unless and until they're able to cross examine KC on her statements. Having the MH experts testimony mentioned at the hearing will have it all out in the open to prospective jurors. And now, the DT wants the MH depositions unsealed? Seems the DT wants the info out there as bad as the state wants it kept hidden.

I'm curious to know if Judge Perry ordered the mental health doctor depositions SEALED without a request from the State or the Defense? We have not seen any Motions on the docket asking for the depositions to be SEALED.
I'm not sure which side is asking them to be UNsealed, but likely not the State after the State has filed 2 Motions to keep all of that info OUT.

Okaaay...now I am getting it. JA is playing it smart and giving the defense his own dose of thwarting.

"I'm going to ask the judge to prevent you from tainting the jury pool with your nonsense that may not even be allowed in at trial."

Thwarting. Indeed. The irony is rich. :)

MM! So cool of you to get this! So do you think he re-looked at his motion of the 12th, thought - hmmmm:waitasec: - and expanded it? Because to me he is basically saying the same thing as he said in the Motion in Limine he filed on the 12th, but now quotes specific items and appropriate law to substantiate his motion?

Or is it just me? :sigh:

MM! So cool of you to get this! So do you think he re-looked at his motion of the 12th, thought - hmmmm:waitasec: - and expanded it? Because to me he is basically saying the same thing as he said in the Motion in Limine he filed on the 12th, but now quotes specific items and appropriate law to substantiate his motion?

Or is it just me? :sigh:

Dunno for sure, but that's what it looks like to me. More specific, for a better chance of winning. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back