Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, yes, she definitely shows signs of extreme nervousness. Especially with her hands. She has been overwhelmed since realizing how serious this is when she was behind bars. She is near hysterics in the August video session.

She is relying heavily on her lawyers to "fix it". Alas, she is not old enough and wise enough to realize that is a mistake. Too bad she doesn't get to talk to many other inmates who could help her realize that her next fight, after this one, will be with her lawyers who will lose.

:chicken:

I especially enjoyed her wiping her teeth off with her hand. Nice. But I'll bet she enjoyed being out of her handcuffs. Her behavior and Baez's are sickening. Misconduct at its best. Yes, I think she's gained weight in her backside too. Most people who go to jail do, so that's not that alarming to me, she's still a few hundred pounds lighter than me.

But I'm curious.....how did Susan Smith and Darlie Routier act at their hearings?? Were they giggling and flirting and playing with their attorneys??? If anyone remembers please let me know. I'm baffled at her behavior in court...baffled.

And also, I didn't see Conway but I didn't realize he was in a wheelchair also. Anyone know why?? This are my comments on the motions hearing. And the obvious.....my hs junior debator speaks better than Baez. Geeze.

And this type of behavior may be the reason JB was trying to keep her from attending the hearings. MNJ is speaking about "searching for remains of Caylee"..."the remains of a child"......"the remains of a child (again)".......and Casey playfully tosses her pen onto the paperwork in front of JB and SMILES!!!
I am horrified with this behavior--imagine what a jury will think!!! What can be going on in her head? Unbelievable!!!
I didn't see the entire hearing but I did catch that inappropriate interaction. There is something so obviously wrong with that girl.

Did anyone else notice JB giving Casey paper and pen to take notes on in the courtroom? It is mostly mumbling, but I can hear him say something like "It's very important" when he gives it to her. It seemed to me the way he just kind of ripped some paper off of a legal pad and gave it to her it reminds me of how I give my kids some paper and pen to keep them occupied if we are at an appt or something.
It is around 2:10 on this video that he does that.
http://www.wesh.com/video/18602633/index.html

I think they probably didn't raise it, because they really have no basis for objecting to his having access to the site, and couldn't argue they shouldn't be allowed access (certainly wouldn't help the SAs at trial if JB can say the SA successfully argued his team should not be allowed access). The Judge has to do what he can to ensure a fair trial, and there was no way he wasn't going to grant them access, no matter what happened before. And I'm not even sure the State would have a say in it....probably a matter for the property owner.

Most judges don't like to see personal attacks on counsel and don't have the time to deal with it. I think Strickland may have even commented on that in this case already?...or am I confused on that?

Why did JB feel the need to file a motion on this matter in the first place.. why not just bust over to the crime scene and start looking around? It's already been stated that he was granted access when LE was done with it. After not being able to talk to the owners of the property, why not just go?

So from that, either BC/Anth's are trying to set themselves as separate from KC in the eyes of LE? Or I guess there's always the possibility that BC is inexperienced and unaware of the implications of the public waiver.

I vote for your first option, and throw out yet another: maybe it's because BC KNOWS how poised and professional Mark N sounds in court, he sees that Judge Strickland responds positiviely to Mark N, and it's a subconscious move to allign himself with same, especially since he also sees how J Baez keeps getting :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

I think that the defense is clearly targeting former boyfriends of Casey (cuz other than insanity or the accident defense--which both still point the finger in the direction of KC)...clearly RM and JG are at the top of the smear campaign. JG's father volunteered with TES when they were down there. I think that they want the lists to see if JG or any of her other exes were searching with TES. Maybe they want DNA so that they can "plant" some in the search/ecavation area or if they find DNA that has no identifiable markers claim it somehow belongs to one of her exes.

For humor only:
JB: "Judge. I need the TES list so I can cast suspicion on anyone else than KC. Also, some of her lovers may be on the search list."
Judge: "Subpoena the phonebook then...I have the Orlando white pages in my office.":eek:

I just wanted the Judge to ask JB why they turned down access immediately after the investigation and waited until now to request it. I think it would look bad for the defense to say something like..."We were just blowing smoke and wanting to make the public think we had some right to something we knew we didn't!" kind of response, imo. LOL

LOL. That may be exactly why he didn't do it...because it would look bad for the defense. He strikes me as the sort of judge who is going to do all he can to ensure she gets a fair trial and he knows his actions may be subject to scrutiny by an Appeals Court one day. He really doesn't want to appear impartial....or so it seems to me. I'm actually really glad for that. I want to see her get a really fair trial. I don't think the SA have to play hard ball, and don't think it's in their best interest to do so, because I think it gives JB things to attack. I think if they present it fairly, she's going away for a very long time.

I think that the defense is clearly targeting former boyfriends of Casey (cuz other than insanity or the accident defense--which both still point the finger in the direction of KC)...clearly RM and JG are at the top of the smear campaign. JG's father volunteered with TES when they were down there. I think that they want the lists to see if JG or any of her other exes were searching with TES. Maybe they want DNA so that they can "plant" some in the search/ecavation area or if they find DNA that has no identifiable markers claim it somehow belongs to one of her exes.

Thank you Rebound. I had a feeling, and am more convinced I'm likely sharing her DNA. Was it hard to trace back? How many generations did you have to research? One of my dad's family gave birth to Joseph Smith, of the Morman church. Maybe they trace back to Lilith. :) My mother's side, also European, seems to be farmers, so most likely Abel and Eve are the root. LOL.

If we could all realize our sisterhood (generic brotherhood of man) perhaps we could hold back judgment until we actually are privy to all of the facts.

Oh, my, I'm sorry I implied I could actually trace back that far. No, I just sent a swab of my cheek off to a company (along with a hefty check) and they matched it to haplogroup J. We're talking 50,000+ years ago--really ancient! I lose track of my ancestors at around 1600 AD.

The point remains, we are all distantly, anciently related. And human.

All that said, she sure looks guilty. I wish I could understand who she is, how she thinks, why she's the way she is. I am at a loss.

Did anyone else notice the male prosecuter (name?) on part 2 of the uploaded videos, at around 2:18, when JB was talking about TES and this court being able to issue a supeona that the defense can then take to Texas to enforce - that (and several other times) the male prosecuter was rolling his eyes, and shaking his head and seemed to be trying not to laugh at what I assume he felt were ridiculous things being said by JB. He does this several times. :rolling:

It's what's going on in his that's the problem. HE plays along with the pen dropping game. He really does act like a child every time he is near her.

IMO, Baez acts like a child when around her to maintain the bond he has formed with her. His actions when around her tell me he is well aware she has the maturity level of a silly sixteen yr. old. What better way to gain KC's trust and have her cooperate fully with him than to get down on her level of maturity. For some reason, I don't believe KC would cooperate fully with the typical serious, "nothing but business", stern Attorney.

Thank you Rebound. I had a feeling, and am more convinced I'm likely sharing her DNA. Was it hard to trace back? How many generations did you have to research? One of my dad's family gave birth to Joseph Smith, of the Morman church. Maybe they trace back to Lilith. :) My mother's side, also European, seems to be farmers, so most likely Abel and Eve are the root. LOL.

If we could all realize our sisterhood (generic brotherhood of man) perhaps we could hold back judgment until we actually are privy to all of the facts.

I would not care if I found out I was directly related to her, it would not change my mind one bit. To say that women should "realize our sisterhood" and hold back judgement....naw....sorry. I think we are all related....that does not mean anything.

As a formal matter, IF they'd filed oppositions (which they did not) to Baez's motion, then they would sit alongside the prosecution/SA.

If an interested party's counsel is present in court, but did not file nor oppose any particular motion, they can pretty much sit where they like (no specific rules.) A more "neutral" spot would have been in the bench or in a jurors' seat (commonly done, too.)

I find the fact that Brad Conway waived any conflict of interest re: Mark Nejame, who'd at one time represented the Anthony family, and who now represents TES, together with the fact that both he and Mark Nejame sat with the SA, to be very interesting for the following reasons:

(1) as a procedural matter, waivers of conflict are usually handled privately, behind closed doors between the parties affected by any such conflict (usually in writing, too. My state requires that any such waiver be reduced to writing and signed by all parties to said waiver + their counsel,) and

(2) one would expect that if the Anthony family were really "standing behind Casey and supporting her 100%", etc., they would not agree to such a public waiver, so this has me laughing about Brad Conway's in court statement to Casey that her parents supported her, yadda, yadda.

ITA with your post! There is actually a thread about the waiver, which I also find quite interesting.

It's what's going on in his that's the problem. HE plays along with the pen dropping game. He really does act like a child every time he is near her.

It looked like she was responding to something he wrote about/to her. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop